Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CHECKING IN

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CHECKING IN
November 24, 2021 09:14AM
Hello dear members! For those who are not here just to bash the product, and just interested to find out more about it, I can gladly answer any questions you have except for those that I would need to check with engineers and/or testers or that are confidential.

Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 09:15AM by Nokta Detectors.
Re: CHECKING IN
November 24, 2021 09:57AM
A guy asked you on FB if it was better than a Nox in any department in terms of performance, you said it was.
Can you tell us what it's better at?
November 24, 2021 10:44AM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A guy asked you on FB if it was better than a Nox
> in any department in terms of performance, you sai
> d it was.
> Can you tell us what it's better at?

Ghound, come on... you have been criticizing every device this company put out...everything we do... for a few years now on this forum.
Do you think I really take this as a real naive question? Regardless of my answer, your mind is set...and since you are not my potential customer, why bother? In addition, I deleted my message to that guy and wrote that I want the answer to come from the actual users. Because he had the same mindset and was making fun of the product and bashing it right and left.
Or how about this, like you are making fun of it... we put a clock and an LED!
I am here to respond to people who are REALLY interested, not people who have been bashing every single thing we did in this industry, sorry.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 10:47AM by Nokta Detectors.
November 24, 2021 10:50AM
..?...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 10:52AM by ghound.
November 24, 2021 10:51AM
Personally i thought it was a very fair question, considering you said it was better at certain tasks.
So if someone else asks the same question, will you answer it?
November 24, 2021 11:31AM
Our girl has got some spunk, love it! Very rare that a company tells a customer to pound sand. She's not a fake, that's for sure. Hi Dilek, glad to have you here. I am eyeing up for another detector soon and the Legend is on the list. I have no questions at this time. Thanks for showing up.
November 24, 2021 11:40AM
Dilek, thank you for giving us the opportunity to ask questions.

I think Ghound's question is perfectly reasonable and valid, I was wondering much the same thing.

As the two Equinox models so far released have obvious features missing, and its flaws have been dissected publicly, it seems that an opportunity exists to better Minelab's machines.
Obvious missing Eqx features include true All-Metal mode, and dedicated non-motion search modes. Using stereo audio is another function that appears easy to implement.
So, have Nokta-Makro designed-in search modes for the Legend that the competition do not have?

While the basic arrangement of the shaft has similarities to the Equinox, it doesn't mean that it will feel the same when swung in the real world. Does it have a similar feel to the Equinox, or is it 'lighter' , or 'better balanced' ?
I was curious how different the Legend would feel if the external battery pack was fitted, under the elbow cup. This would clearly add weight, but may make the machine feel easier to use, due to the balance change. How do the trial testers find it behaves with the added battery?

As the Legend is N-M's first entry into the Multi-frequency market, I was wondering what your future plans were? Offer upgraded software for the Legend for several years? Introduce a "Legend 2" to replace it?

People seem to like a wide choice of search-coils for their machines. Do N-M have plans for more coils for the Legend? Will other after-market manufacturers be able to create Legend coils, or is that unlikely due to technical difficulties or security/anti-piracy hardware in the coil?

I look forwards to your replies.
November 24, 2021 12:14PM
Dilek - I for one am really looking forward to getting my hands on the Legend. I bought the original Racer when it first came out and it was the first detector in a long time that I was really impressed with. I'd been using White's detectors for the most part up until that time. As an ex-Whites dealer, that was where my heart was. The speed and light weight of the Racer really opened my eyes so I of course had to try the Racer 2 when it came out. I progressed along with your lineup to the Impact, Multi Kruzer, and Multi Anfibio. I joined the Equinox 800 and XP ORX and Deus fan clubs. I've kept a Racer 2 but my experience with the Nokta|Makro products has been nothing but extreme satisfaction. I for one will be looking forward to putting the Legend to work.
Thanks for the Great Products!
Tom Bush
November 24, 2021 01:01PM
I've spoken to you and a guy in the repair department in your company back when the racers came out. Bad experiences for me. My coil ears broke off and was told it was my fault and I wasn't covered under warranty even though the racer was a month old. Took several weeks of arguing and posting pics online in forums only to find out everyone was having the same issues. Never in the 40+ years of detecting have I been talked to like that when a detector failed. Similar thing happened during release of the racer 2 my screen kept freezing up for up to 15-20 seconds at a time. I sent videos and pics several times and was told someone would get back with me in a day or so.. never happened . Several weeks went by while I used my other detectors and an online friend asked if I'd sell it to him. I explained the issues I was having with it and he wanted it anyway. So off it went. His name is Bill and he ended up being a tester for Nokta Makro I believe. And I have still bought since then . Your company treated me like complete @#$%& and I still purchased detectors from you lol. Also most of your detectors never offered a tall man rod so was hard to swing for long periods of time. I don't own any of your products now nor minelab products but I am kind of interested in the legend if it can out perform the equinox. Can you explain how much better and in what areas it's better?
November 24, 2021 01:04PM
Pimento Wrote:
> Dilek, thank you for giving us the opportunity to
> ask questions.
>
> I think Ghound's question is perfectly reasonable
> and valid, I was wondering much the same thing.
>
> As the two Equinox models so far released have obv
> ious features missing, and its flaws have been dis
> sected publicly, it seems that an opportunity exis
> ts to better Minelab's machines.
> Obvious missing Eqx features include true All-Meta
> l mode, and dedicated non-motion search modes. Usi
> ng stereo audio is another function that appears e
> asy to implement.
> So, have Nokta-Makro designed-in search modes for
> the Legend that the competition do not have?
>
> While the basic arrangement of the shaft has simil
> arities to the Equinox, it doesn't mean that it wi
> ll feel the same when swung in the real world. Doe
> s it have a similar feel to the Equinox, or is it
> 'lighter' , or 'better balanced' ?
> I was curious how different the Legend would feel
> if the external battery pack was fitted, under the
> elbow cup. This would clearly add weight, but may
> make the machine feel easier to use, due to the ba
> lance change. How do the trial testers find it beh
> aves with the added battery?
>
> As the Legend is N-M's first entry into the Multi-
> frequency market, I was wondering what your future
> plans were? Offer upgraded software for the Legend
> for several years? Introduce a "Legend 2" to repla
> ce it?
>
> People seem to like a wide choice of search-coils
> for their machines. Do N-M have plans for more coi
> ls for the Legend? Will other after-market manufac
> turers be able to create Legend coils, or is that
> unlikely due to technical difficulties or security
> /anti-piracy hardware in the coil?
>
> I look forwards to your replies.

Hello there…let me start by saying, in all these years that I have been working in this industry I have never ever compared our detectors to competition. When a customer asks me if it is better I always say ‘’depends on what you expect from a detector’’ (except for that one person ghound is referring to who pushed my limits ..but then I deleted my answer and gave the exact same response)
I really want to leave that decision to the end-users….depending on many things, some will say it is better, some may say equally good and I am sure there will be people like the ghound who will always bash it because it does not have my competitor’s logo on it!
During my presentation during the reveal, I showed the features, settings and gave pricing.
The only real comparison I made was regarding the housing and the price because those are just facts and not tied to any subjective conditions and/or preferences.

Now please note that when we first said we’re going to make an SMF device, we held a naming competition AND on the same form, we asked for features and settings that the customers would like to see. And we designed the device accordingly.
We do not have an all metal mode or a non-motion mode – very few people demanded that.

Our shaft design and housing is very different than the competitor’s. As a matter of fact, it is the same one we have been using on the Simplex+ and because people found it very sturdy, we decided to utilize it for the Legend as well.
Now, how it feels again would be very subjective. According to our testers, they say they find the grip more comfortable than the competitor’s. The battery goes behind the arm rest….. yes of course it does add weight so some like it some don’t but since it is an option and a rescue for battery failures we do not think it is that critical.

Regarding future plans… we will definitely listen to the users and see if the majority need certain other settings and or features that can be given thru an upgrade, then we will definitely work on it. If there are many requests for features that require hardware changes, who knows we may have a Legend 2… we really base most of our decisions on customers’ requests…. But all I can say is that we do have a plan to advance on this platform whether it is the Legend 2 or named otherwise.

Coil options – I believe we will work on an elliptical coil as I see a demand for it already. We have worked with after-market manufacturers for Simplex coils and unless there are technical difficulties with the Legend that I am not aware of, we are open to it and would welcome such a cooperation if it makes sense for all.
November 24, 2021 01:09PM
From what I have seen Dilek is a hard worker and very passionate about what she does. I respect her for that!

True story,
A competitor opened a state of the art business next door to ours some years ago and took a large share of the market from the other businesses in our area. We felt the financial strain from the lost revenue.

I went to his place to see why the majority of people were wanting to go there.

I looked at his business model and made the necessary changes to ours for us to survive.

I soon realized we were targeting different demographics.

Our profit margins high been the highest in the last 5 yrs more than in any of the 45 yrs of existence.

I understand why Nokta targeted the Nox and wanted to build a machine like it.

The way Nokta launched the Legend has caused all of this.

It has opened Nokta up to the UNAVOIDABLE question ..

Where does the Legend outperform the Equinox in the multi frequency department?

That is the very simple question EVERYONE wants to know the answer to.

As for me with it being 400.00 dollars cheaper I would not expect it to.
Honestly it would not be fair to Nokta if I expected them to cut the price almost in half of their competitors detectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 01:15PM by calabash digger.
November 24, 2021 01:29PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> From what I have seen Dilek is a hard worker and v
> ery passionate about what she does. I respect her
> for that!
>
> True story,
> A competitor opened a state of the art business ne
> xt door to ours some years ago and took a large sh
> are of the market from the other businesses in our
> area. We felt the financial strain from the lost r
> evenue.
>
> I went to his place to see why the majority of peo
> ple were wanting to go there.
>
> I looked at his business model and made the necess
> ary changes to ours for us to survive.
>
> I soon realized we were targeting different demogr
> aphics.
>
> Our profit margins high been the highest in the la
> st 5 yrs more than in any of the 45 yrs of existen
> ce.
>
> I understand why Nokta targeted the Nox and wanted
> to build a machine like it.
>
> The way Nokta launched the Legend has caused all o
> f this.
>
> It has opened Nokta up to the UNAVOIDABLE question
> ..
>
> Where does the Legend outperform the Equinox in th
> e multi frequency department?
>
> That is the very simple question EVERYONE wants to
> know the answer to.
>
> As for me with it being 400.00 dollars cheaper I w
> ould not expect it to.

Hi there... yout true story does NOT apply to Nokta Makro at all because we have been growing tremendously for the past few years... if there are manufacturers who are losing revenue and market share it is definitely NOT us!

Yes, our launch may have bothered some people and my question is WHY DO THE SAME PEOPLE DO NOT GET BOTHERED WHEN THE COMPETITION DOES THE SAME OR EVEN WORSE? I AM ALL FOR FAIRNESS...sorry..

Is it because some people deep inside are feeling bad because they have spent 400 USD more for a machine? ....and what if that machine does not really provide them with any advantage let alone having many issues?

Please let's not get into this....

As I said, nothing has stopped our growth and increasing market share.... this ongoing propaganda will not either.

This is a hobby and everybody should be swinging what they like. Everybody will have their own reasons to choose a machine, whether it is the depth, discrimination, design or quality... We respect all end users' decisions..and we want others to respect us who is giving just another choice to people...
November 24, 2021 01:30PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
> Dilek - I for one am really looking forward to get
> ting my hands on the Legend. I bought the original
> Racer when it first came out and it was the first
> detector in a long time that I was really impresse
> d with. I'd been using White's detectors for the m
> ost part up until that time. As an ex-Whites deale
> r, that was where my heart was. The speed and ligh
> t weight of the Racer really opened my eyes so I o
> f course had to try the Racer 2 when it came out.
> I progressed along with your lineup to the Impact,
> Multi Kruzer, and Multi Anfibio. I joined the Equi
> nox 800 and XP ORX and Deus fan clubs. I've kept a
> Racer 2 but my experience with the Nokta|Makro pro
> ducts has been nothing but extreme satisfaction. I
> for one will be looking forward to putting the Leg
> end to work.
> Thanks for the Great Products!
> Tom Bush

Thank you Tom, I appreicate it.
November 24, 2021 01:34PM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> I've spoken to you and a guy in the repair departm
> ent in your company back when the racers came out.
> Bad experiences for me. My coil ears broke off an
> d was told it was my fault and I wasn't covered un
> der warranty even though the racer was a month old
> . Took several weeks of arguing and posting pics
> online in forums only to find out everyone was hav
> ing the same issues. Never in the 40+ years of det
> ecting have I been talked to like that when a dete
> ctor failed. Similar thing happened during release
> of the racer 2 my screen kept freezing up for up t
> o 15-20 seconds at a time. I sent videos and pics
> several times and was told someone would get back
> with me in a day or so.. never happened . Several
> weeks went by while I used my other detectors and
> an online friend asked if I'd sell it to him. I ex
> plained the issues I was having with it and he wan
> ted it anyway. So off it went. His name is Bill an
> d he ended up being a tester for Nokta Makro I bel
> ieve. And I have still bought since then . Your c
> ompany treated me like complete @#$%& and I still
> purchased detectors from you lol. Also most of you
> r detectors never offered a tall man rod so was ha
> rd to swing for long periods of time. I don't own
> any of your products now nor minelab products but
> I am kind of interested in the legend if it can ou
> t perform the equinox. Can you explain how much b
> etter and in what areas it's better?

Hello there...I am really surprised to see that you had bad experience with our service...of course I do not remember it but normally our service is praised by the majority. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you after all these years, I will. AT the end of the day, we may have made mistakes but have come along a long way and customers are our number 1 priority.

For your other questions, please read my previous responses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 01:48PM by Nokta Detectors.
November 24, 2021 02:04PM
This is just for a FUTURE idea for Nokta.
I liked the way some Whites machines would let you adjust every setting in the detector which can be good and bad lol.
But maybe your company could add that to the legend giving us options that minelab won't let us adjust?
Just something to set your machine apart from theirs.
PS I wasn't being mean by asking about the Warranty I was serious but I see you are working on them to extend the warranty that is good NEWS and I hope it happens.

And I have to ask who the heck would be a FAN of a certain Company in Metal Detecting?
A person who really metal detects for the finds is going to use the best for him/her or they would be stupid.
I for one will use what ever finds the targets for me and use whatever Maker accomplishes that just like I read the post and try their settings and if they don't work for me I move on to my own thing.
Anyone that is a Fan Boy in Metal Detecting would be crazy in my book.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 04:08PM by GreenMeanie.
November 24, 2021 02:36PM
Thanks for the reply, Dilek. I look forwards to studying the User Manual when it becomes available on your website.
November 24, 2021 02:44PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Hello dear members! For those who are not here jus
> t to bash the product, and just interested to fin
> d out more about it, I can gladly answer any quest
> ions you have except for those that I would need t
> o check with engineers and/or testers or that are
> confidential.
>
> Thank you!

Thanks for being here Dilek!
November 24, 2021 02:57PM
Probably the only manufacturer that says to ask them questions, then answers your question saying they know it has performance advantages over the competitors product that they used in their advertising video, but then they won't tell you what those advantages are?
Crazy....
JCR
November 24, 2021 03:36PM
Dilek, Thankyou for the opportunity to ask some pertinent questions.

Can we expect the new Legend to be less effected by EMI than the Anfibio series?

Does Alper & the other Engineers feel the target ID tone & VDI have been improved in high mineral ground &/or at fringe depth?

Are Concentric coils a possibility in the future?(the KR18C is outstanding)

Will we be able to Save any adjustments made to the Pre set modes? In addition to the 4 User custom modes.

The tones sound very good.
I hope the new Legend makes my Anfibio Multi my backup general purpose machine.

Thank you again. I know you are busy.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 03:44PM by JCR.
November 24, 2021 03:59PM
Dilek....... I am still SO impressed with the Nokta/Makro Impacts ability to pick high-conductive coins out of thick trash........and fairly easily. Adjacent target separation characteristics are really good. Does the new SMF have this same (or better) ability over the Impact.,.,.,.,.,.,., or is it a requirement to switch out of Simultaneous....and use a single frequency?
When you turn the unit 'off'...... are all of your settings 'saved'?
November 24, 2021 04:23PM
Dilek, I don't know if you can/will answer this question. In regards to target ID especially in high mineralized soil or on deep targets. Is the Legends SMF geared to stabilize the Target ID under these conditions? I know that's going to depend on how mineralized the soil it and how deep the target is. But I'm sure your company has to have some idea on how the Legend will perform under these conditions. Does the disc setting ground ON/OFF take into affect the mineralization and compensate for the target ID or how does that work.

Also in regards to the FerroCheck, I would imagine the deeper the target is and the more mineralized the ground is the less accurate it is. Could you comment on that. Thanks
November 24, 2021 04:44PM
Will there be a price change due to the collapse of the Turkish Lira?
November 24, 2021 04:47PM
Hi Dilek,

Thanks for being proactive with us. I am a beach/water hunter and I am impressed with the Legend specifications as they will fit my needs.

My main question is about the warranty time for the Legend and if it has changed.

thanks,
Emil
November 24, 2021 05:34PM
ghound Wrote:
> Probably the only manufacturer that says to ask th
> em questions, then answers your question saying th
> ey know it has performance advantages over the com
> petitors product that they used in their advertisi
> ng video, but then they won't tell you what those
> advantages are?
> .
> Crazy....

Just buy American made if it is such a drama for you ghound

it is obvious you do not like Nokta-Makro - confused smiley
November 24, 2021 06:15PM
Hello.
Nevertheless, I would venture to ask technical questions, the answer to which will give a clearer picture of what to expect from the new product.
1. What is the minimum frequency in the detector when operating in multi-frequency mode?
2. How much can this low frequency be offset through interference cancellation?
3. Does ground tracking in multi-frequency mode work on the basis of one frequency, or is it based on information from several frequencies?
4. In the multi-frequency mode, are data processed from any of several frequencies (for example, from three), or something else?
5. How does the Fer-Cond function work? Based on what data does this function work, and how accurate is it?
6. Does the Salt Beach mode cut the salt signal, or does it use multiple frequencies to isolate the gold signals?
November 24, 2021 07:33PM
I want to start by saying I have enjoyed using Nokta/Makro detectors greatly, I have had most of them and they all perform well and the build quality is unsurpassed, oddly enough the Red Racer is still my favorite smiling smiley My question is will the user be able to replace the rechargeable battery in the device when it will eventually need to be replaced at some point, rather than sending it back to a repair facility?
November 24, 2021 07:58PM
GreenMeanie Wrote:
> This is just for a FUTURE idea for Nokta.
> I liked the way some Whites machines would let you
> adjust every setting in the detector which can be
> good and bad lol.
> But maybe your company could add that to the le
> gend
giving us options that minelab won't let
> us adjust?
> Just something to set your machine apart from thei
> rs.
> PS I wasn't being mean by asking about the Warrant
> y I was serious but I see you are working on them
> to extend the warranty that is good NEWS and I hop
> e it happens.
>
> And I have to ask who the heck would be a FAN of a
> certain Company in Metal Detecting?
> A person who really metal detects for the finds is
> going to use the best for him/her or they would be
> stupid.
> I for one will use what ever finds the targets for
> me and use whatever Maker accomplishes that just l
> ike I read the post and try their settings and if
> they don't work for me I move on to my own thing.
> Anyone that is a Fan Boy in Metal Detecting would
> be crazy in my book.

THANK YOU! We could do that BUT the problem is that then the detector becomes so hard to use..since they are out of business now, I think it is OK to mention the model - The Spectra for example..is a model that we think IS A GREAT MACHINE but was not understood well by the customers.
November 24, 2021 08:02PM
Bayard Wrote:
> Will there be a price change due to the collapse o
> f the Turkish Lira?

No, we buy almost every component in USD and sell in USD .... unless the world keeps on getting crazier, we do not plan on a price change:-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 08:04PM by Nokta Detectors.
November 24, 2021 08:06PM
ecris Wrote:
> Hi Dilek,
>
> Thanks for being proactive with us. I am a beach/w
> ater hunter and I am impressed with the Legend spe
> cifications as they will fit my needs.
>
> My main question is about the warranty time for th
> e Legend and if it has changed.
>
> thanks,
> Emil

Hello Emil...it is 2 years ...I am working on increasing the warranty but cannot say when it will be implemented.
November 24, 2021 08:08PM
coinspader Wrote:
> I want to start by saying I have enjoyed using Nok
> ta/Makro detectors greatly, I have had most of the
> m and they all perform well and the build quality
> is unsurpassed, oddly enough the Red Racer is stil
> l my favorite smiling smiley My question is will the user be a
> ble to replace the rechargeable battery in the dev
> ice when it will eventually need to be replaced at
> some point, rather than sending it back to a repai
> r facility?
Technically you could BUT if it is NOT done the right way, you may mess up the waterproofness so we do not recommend it.