Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What would you like to see me show on the Deus 2 first?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What would you like to see me show on the Deus 2 first?
November 28, 2021 08:17PM
What kind of test or feature would you like me to video first on the Deus 2?
Re: What would you like to see me show on the Deus 2 first?
November 28, 2021 08:45PM
Using SMF---Target separation in iron/trash.----Also TID accuracy on deep targets in cleaner ground.------calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What kind of test or feature would you like me to
> video first on the Deus 2?
November 28, 2021 10:04PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> What kind of test or feature would you like me to
> video first on the Deus 2?

Wherever you want to start suits me. thumbs down
November 28, 2021 10:25PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Using SMF---Target separation in iron/trash.----Al
> so TID accuracy on deep targets in cleaner ground.
> ------calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What kind of test or feature would you like me t
> o
> > video first on the Deus 2?

+1 --- Target separation and ID
November 28, 2021 10:46PM
1) Iron-see-through tests. Which is not the same as "separation" . "See-through" would be a nail ON TOP of the conductive targets (like a coin). "Separation" would be when the nail is *next* to the coin.

So if you could start with a table-test like this : The coin behind a single rusty nail (both touching each other, and then with a slight gap between them). Then increase to 2 nail, and repeat . And so forth.

The old 77b could still get the coin (yet go silent over nails alone) with up to 3 nails (depending on nail size and placement).

2) And for junky park hunting, how does it do for low vs high conductors ? Is there tell-tale audio difference between zinc. vs copper penny vs dime, and so forth ? How "drawn down" is the TID if a round tab or foil wad is placed over the high conductor coin ? Ie.: will it tend to see the lower conductor on top, or will it "average" them in a way that can let you know something higher is there ?

3) Is it going bonkers with *seemingly* good signals on soldered tin can-bottoms, rusty crown caps, domino sized pieces of cast-iron, etc... ? Or like other machines, can it effortlessly discern those, w/o endless-second-guessing-tricks @ the audio ? I love my Deus for ghost-townsy see-through. But heaven-help-me if I get into a zone of all sorts of cast-iron. I know there's tricks & audio clues, but ... let's be perfectly honest: "nagging doubts" send you digging a bunch "just to be sure". As opposed to my Explorer, and I can effortlessly tell that cr@p.
November 29, 2021 12:20AM
See that the depth and separation are still there. See if it hits that 14" dime. See how it performs on small gold earrings and small gold chains. You need a smaller coil for the small gold.

Hopefully you can get a 9" coil too.

Thank you for your tests you do. I like your mild ground. It's like mine.
November 29, 2021 05:11PM
If you still have it, try it in the dirt you got from Pennsylvania.
November 29, 2021 05:27PM
Be careful testing fine gold jewelry (small gold jewelry). The unit MUST be configured for wet-salt GROUND BALANCE/SALT BALANCE........ in order to be an accurate test. What I (mostly/primarily) recommend is...... DO place the small gold crucifix, open-hoop earring, small gold charm .......etc......... ON the wet salt of a beach. The blowback/feedback from the wet-salt generates real-time/real-World conditions.
November 30, 2021 01:24AM
I would like to see how the deus detects in Salt Wave wash. [Moving Salt Water]
November 30, 2021 04:03AM
I briefly owned a Deus several years ago. I found it completely unsuited for silver coin hunting. It would give a high tone signal on crown caps and steel washers regardless of the discrimination pattern. I'd like to know if the SMF version has overcome this problem.
November 30, 2021 05:28AM
Hi
1. Nail Board test in multi-frequency mode, using a small copper coin.
2. Depth test on a large silver target.
3. Check the work on gold in the surf zone of the salty sea (ocean).
4. Compare the detection range of any target in the air with the detection depth of the same target in the ground, with the same settings.
5. Show the real work of the detector on the Iron Trash (trash).
Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2021 05:29AM by vfp7.