Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Spanish Trail Road Trip with Tom_in_CA

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Spanish Trail Road Trip with Tom_in_CA
December 01, 2021 06:09PM
Tom_in_CA and I have been itching to get out detecting! We decided to hit some of our old "back pocket" sites and check out a couple of new sites as well.

Reales, several Phoenix Buttons, flat buttons, some nice pre Civil War eagle buttons, seateds, relics, and the usual suspects were found this trip!

[youtu.be]
Re: Spanish Trail Road Trip with Tom_in_CA
December 01, 2021 07:19PM
That was a fun trek Brian. Great video ! But I should note that when you showed the still-shot of my reale, that it was 1796, not 1797 tongue sticking out smiley

All 4 of our phoenix buttons were type 1 style 1, and common #'s. But to us, they are all a goal-unto-themselves. thumbs down According to the rarity chart :

[drive.google.com]

And as far as our itinerary, we knew when starting off, that all these sites were going to be "grasping for straws". Ie.: Sites we'd already worked before (some of them worked QUITE heavily as a matter of fact). So it made it fun just to experiment more with machines. As tactic/challenges to ourselves. Eg.: At one of the sites, I used my new Deus for the first time, in a heavy iron zone. And to my surprise pulled 49 more conductors from the mess. Granted, they were primarily modern mid-conductor bullet shells. But it goes to show that a coin *could* still be hiding in the mess. eye rolling smiley
JCR
December 01, 2021 07:49PM
Enjoyed the video. Looks like a neat place to hunt. Thanks

Chris
December 01, 2021 11:13PM
Very nice!
December 02, 2021 04:29AM
Great Hunt Brian! Looking forward to getting out more often now that we're finally into our winter detecting weather here in AZ. Best I could do here today was two 1940 Nickels from a WWII military camp.
December 02, 2021 11:02AM
Sweet! Goes to show us that the detectors are advancing in the unmasking area of the technology. Our old sites aren't quite wrung out yet. Keeps us from laboring to find new places to hunt .. . . even though we don't give up on that. Well done guys!
December 02, 2021 11:16AM
Nice video, GREAT finds! Love it!

Steve
December 02, 2021 06:05PM
Thanks everyone, felt great to get out and detect!!

Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great Hunt Brian! Looking forward to getting out more often now that we're finally into our winter detecting weather here in AZ. Best I could do here today was two 1940 Nickels from a WWII military camp.

Hey Tom! We're in the same boat, summers are heat prohibitive and winters freeze the ground (and us!), so we wait for the fragile window of opportunity during the fall and spring for our high desert sites!!
December 14, 2021 12:48AM
killer finds guys
Love the Phoenix buttons