Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Deus 2 video.

Posted by Soky72 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Deus 2 video.
December 06, 2021 06:28PM
Re: New Deus 2 video.
December 08, 2021 08:41PM
so this machine is coming? I see you allegedly can dive with it. Im wondering if it has a salt adjustment because Gary said it could eliminate salinity. Wonder how long underwater its been tested and what freqs will work in the water. If it dont have a salt balance adjustment then it must be using a preset. Id be interesting if they tested it against any other water machine IN THE WATER and what kind of depth it got. Will it be another hot machine out of the water ..... and all things begin to be equal in the water?
December 08, 2021 09:10PM
I think this is from one of the French testers.
I finally tried the D2 on the beach for a few hours with the 22 cm coil.
Programs: GENERAL and BEACH SENS.
Excellent machine very comfortable in wet and dry sand.
The mineralization of sand due to salt is very well controlled and the few ferrous I met can be heard just right. A very light signature.
With the BEACH SENS, my favorit program, I set the REACTIVITY to 0, I worked in 3 tones and used the B.CAPS function.
I haven't changed any other settings so far.
For B.CAPS this setting seems to work if the disc is a few centimeters above the capsule.
The headphones turn on automatically when the remote control is turned on.
So far I am very satisfied with the performance and parameters offered by the D2.
Before creating my own program and mastering it well, I will have to work hard on it because it is an FMF and therefore very different from the D1.
Happy to have made this superb acquisition, I who work a lot in the wet sand in winter in search of jewels thrown on the sand by the strong waves.
My article about HOW TO DETECT ON THE BEACH OF THE FRENCH RIVIERA was published on the French magazine "Détection - Passion" Number 138 of Sept-Oct 2018
December 08, 2021 09:28PM
Yes....... I too......would like to positively verify that the Deus-2 does indeed have a separate Salt Balance of which is divorced (separated/segregated) completely independent of Ground Balance.
JCR
December 08, 2021 10:45PM
In reading the Deus II manual; p.18, it seems to act more like a filter for a narrow TID window. Smarter people than me will have to compare it to the Salinity Balance on the MDT.

Chris
December 09, 2021 11:08AM
JCR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In reading the Deus II manual; p.18, it seems to a
> ct more like a filter for a narrow TID window. Sma
> rter people than me will have to compare it to the
> Salinity Balance on the MDT.

And that is interesting... becasue Dimitar is an owner of that technology...
December 09, 2021 01:41PM
I too wonder how much they may have infringed on Dimitars' tech. Im not keen on coil ear connection point for water hunting. People tend to lean on those shafts when getting pushed around and trying to dig. That means twisting and the farther back on that coil the more torque seems to be put on those ears. External speaker.... bad idea IMO. Im wondering if you can use single freq in the salt water chest deep..... if so they have to have some way to adjust that SB.... things change from knee to chin deep. Or will it only work in multi freq? If so how well will the Deep High Conductor work? Sounds like its running a higher SB in Dive mode if it cuts out a lot of aluminum like foil/can slaw..... which happens to be in gold range for the small stuff. Is it another ring machine ment to reduce trash hunting? It will be interesting to see just what bottle disc does..... like where are they hitting and how many gold rings fall into that catagory when tested.

Im wondering how that aerial antenna is being used for diving? i know they were using it, but the box had to be out of the water for the box to pick up that signal. Why not just put a cable on the coil? That cable will have to be fixed tightly to the shaft its pretty thin and those cables vibrate out there when moved or in current. Charging cable for 3 components. hope they have given it a better test than ML did the Nox.... or we might need that 5 year warranty.

I see they use a piece to connect the box to the shaft and its separate. If that box has any float or that piece is loose over time .... you could end up loosing it in the water..... ouch. Thus far i dont see any settings used for salt balance. I see ground phase and adjustment a mineralization strength and GB.

Rejecting foil was easy enough.... just move it up the disc range. But things like pull tab they say you will have to accept loosing certain desirable targets..... thats pretty much a given. looks like 1stt tone is for iron and the second for our gold range..... thats one heck of a wide range tone.... goes from 6 to 76. The did give us a 6 digit notch or an expert notch mode letting us reject a much larger range. Deus has a good rep..... lets see how their machine holds up or functions out there. I hear Gig will be doing some videos when he gets his sometime next month

By the way the manual is out and can be viewed.
JCR
December 09, 2021 02:48PM
XP is using the term Saltwater Sensitivity. They make no mention of salinity balance.

Chris
December 10, 2021 12:36AM
I wonder what advantages the Saltwater sensitivity will have on land and fresh water if any.
JCR
December 10, 2021 01:11AM
My help desensitize Aluminum or wet rust ground falses.

Chris
December 10, 2021 02:21AM
Ill wait for the inevitable comparisons. The Deus II and it's fast recovery speed mean nothing to me. It's all about depth on the beach which is my hunting preference.

I don't mind turning my headphones off.
I don't need 20 feet of water depth.

I still think the wireless coil is silly and an EMI entry point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2021 02:22AM by goodmore.
JCR
December 10, 2021 03:58PM
Second video installment is up on Gary's Youtube site; gardansolyn. Good mid depth rundown.

Chris
December 10, 2021 04:33PM
Video of it on wet sand
[youtu.be]
December 10, 2021 06:29PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Video of it on wet sand
> [youtu.be]

With all that beach erosion, I think I'd been tempted to skip the high conductors and focus on the lower conductors to dig more gold.

Interesting video, but I didn't really get the impression it was doing anything unique there, my Racer2 could've found all those targets in the wet sand.