Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mondays MDT gold find

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mondays MDT gold find
December 08, 2021 08:56PM
This one was an odd one. Appeared to be just another SS puzzle ring. Got it home and took a careful look ..... 750 white gold made by Georg Jensen. These go new for around $1500. It weighed 5.6 grams. They also sell these with one side white and the other side yellow gold. Im hoping i didnt just get half lol. It was down there pretty deep, id guess 10" just in the hard pan with pushed in sand on it. I was surprised at well i heard it since it was White gold. Other odd finds were about a half dozen buffalo nickels. Apparently someone seeded those around Sept and the guys have been finding them. I can tell you they are now deep. Fine with me .... if someone wants to throw their coin collection out there ill dig it up.

Re: Mondays MDT gold find
December 08, 2021 09:23PM
Dew.........I'd be willing to bet: 85% chance the OTHER HALF of the ring is still out there!
December 08, 2021 09:33PM
Tom .... they make them single like this..... or together. I went back the next day and spent some time in that area. But no go.... im hoping if it did have the other half out there i can get my coil over it. Good breeze coming Sunday..... out of town for 3 days but ill get back there again and grind it out. I was really surprised how deep it got..... or was covered much like the buffalo nickles. I removed the loose sand and it seemed to be setting on the hard pan shells. Gets you wondering which direction it came from..... and just how loud i could hear it. I like this machine. I was running 9khz and HOT. I take it from a 32 sometimes to a 35 salt balance when i start getting a little chatter. It lets me now when im working in soft sand and nearer the hard pan.
JCR
December 08, 2021 10:27PM
That's a neat find. Perhaps the maker's name is a common one in Denmark. There is a pipe maker by the same name. I have one of his pipes. The two trades were often linked in the past. Some of the most highly renowned pipe makers started out as silversmiths such as Barling.
Glad you are able to pick up on the little clues the MDT can give. I have noticed a few on my red dirt. Lots to learn still!

Chris
December 08, 2021 11:42PM
Yeah that would be one strange ring looking just like what you found.

I would of probably thought it was junk lol.
December 09, 2021 01:06AM
JCR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a neat find. Perhaps the maker's name is a
> common one in Denmark. There is a pipe maker by th
> e same name. I have one of his pipes. The two trad
> es were often linked in the past. Some of the most
> highly renowned pipe makers started out as silvers
> miths such as Barling.
> Glad you are able to pick up on the little clues
> the MDT can give. I have noticed a few on my red d
> irt. Lots to learn still!

The Georg Jensen that made Dew's ring is like the Tiffany & Co. of Denmark.
December 14, 2021 01:12AM
Nice find
December 14, 2021 03:50PM
NICE dig, Dew! Quite unusual!

Steve