Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For the Fl guy's

Posted by TNdirtdigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For the Fl guy's
August 02, 2011 04:30PM
I see where a tropical storm might be heading your way. Be safe!!!

Do you all typically go out beach hunting after one of these passes by. If so,It would be interesting to see all the great finds!!! Best of luck!!!!

TDD
Re: For the Fl guy's
August 02, 2011 05:35PM
TN Digger
Hurricanes can make with some interesting detecting depending on the direction of the wind. Over on the east coast south of the Cape Canaveral area is the infamous Treasure Coast but the winds need to be
out of the NE and sustained up in the 50mph category for a couple of days to start making a decent cut in the sand. My club is on the Gulf Coast but we have a call out system set up if it appears that the cut is
sufficient we will head over. There are a lot of problems involved in hunting a hurricane cut beach. Safety #1 and the law #2 since they will probably shut down the beaches during a storm. car burglaries #3
to your parked cars. It takes planning and good common sense to work. If you score it could be really great, but then you might find absolutely nothing. I guess the old adage is still true "If you don't try you
can't score"

Suncoast Wally
August 02, 2011 05:40PM
I've always wanted to hunt a beach after a hurricane.
As my dad always told me growing up: "nothing ventured nothing gained".
August 02, 2011 10:28PM
After??????????

no

DURING!!!!
August 03, 2011 03:05AM
Detecting DURING a hurricane? You've got bigger cajones than I do, Tom!!! smiling smiley I can just picture it now; 'Wait, it's almost out. Just one more scoop. Got it. Wow, it's a wheat penny!'. ROTFLMAO

[newauthors.files.wordpress.com]
August 03, 2011 12:50PM
Id say if you think hunting for 3 or 4 hours in neck deep water is hard.... hunting DURING a hurricane must be fierce. Ill stick to tropical storms and after the big ones hit. Color me crazy..... but not stupid..... im heading North lol. Although i would like to see how the beach changes with 7 or 8 feet of sand moved. But i think i can get a pretty good picture the NEXT day Tom. I must not be an early bird but a chicken.

Dew
August 03, 2011 01:16PM
Common sense should prevail as injuries, damage to equipment or even your car all come into play and the rewards can be small in comparison.

Hunted N.J. shores after a northeastern storm and came up with approx. 20 silver coins including a 1781 Realle and the beach looked like a planted hunt was going on. Saw a silver dollar, 5 dollar gold coin and a gold-diamond tennis bracelet found by other fellows so there was some real goodies in the mix.

Do be careful and follow orders of the local policing authority as citations, fines etc. also come into the picture..

Above all use caution-be safe and finally good luck in your ventures.
August 03, 2011 08:05PM
Prudence; yet:

""Wealth favors the bold""
August 04, 2011 12:29PM
Remember the crazy guy in Fl who used to hunt hurricanes? Ya.... wonder what ever happened to him hes not posted in awhile lol.
August 04, 2011 12:55PM
Hmmmmmm. Sounds like he needs a 'prudence' tune-up.