Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Calabash digger's Deus 2 videos

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Calabash digger's Deus 2 videos
December 10, 2021 11:31PM
[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2021 11:39PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Calabash digger's Deus 2 videos
December 10, 2021 11:54PM
Cal seems to like it! I am glad he posted and I am eager to see others comment from experience rather than speculate or criticize without ever having one in hand.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 11, 2021 12:10AM
December 11, 2021 01:28AM
December 11, 2021 01:30AM
Speed test
[m.youtube.com]
December 11, 2021 03:24AM
Good video captures.

Looks to be quite a bit deeper than EQX on that 14" deep dime......(with subsequent air-gap).
December 11, 2021 11:16AM
Looks great so far!
December 11, 2021 02:38PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good video captures.
>
> Looks to be quite a bit deeper than EQX on that 14
> " deep dime......(with subsequent air-gap).

That was his 10.5" dime with air gap made it around 14". Still amazing with 9" coil.
December 11, 2021 03:51PM
That 9 inch coil is amazing. Sorry guys I can not post from my house so I have to do it on my work days.
December 12, 2021 01:11PM
That kind of what i was thinking about that the size of the coil. Hopefully they will have an 11" as well. In the water it should move well and ill wait and see how it does in salt water with this coil because i already know how the Nox and MDT do. One of my hunting buddies needs to buy one so i can check it out lol. I still have some reservations about the build for salt water hunting in waves and long shore current and the way some things are attached. I like being able to upgrade by computer if changes needs to be made. Beats the heck out of waiting on the NEXT machine. Who doesnt like that warranty thou.
December 12, 2021 04:54PM
Thanks for posting all these early test vids Cal, that is a very interesting detector. I for one would prefer swinging a 9” coil rather than a 11” coil if for no other reason than target separation and less fatigue after several hours. So if I can get the same depth with a 9” that I can with an 11” … well … that would sure sway me toward giving it a try. I did watch your Beach Mode comparison video, that was intriguing, but I suspect they will respond somewhat different over wet salt sand and looking forward to seeing you or one of the other early adopters compare it with the Equinox at the beach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2021 04:56PM by Gary in Daytona.