Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Possibly worth Repeating

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Possibly worth Repeating
December 11, 2021 06:25PM
Recently........ a friend of mine found an 1838 Half Dime and an 1837 Dime........ both in nearly Uncirculated condition. This was in Central Florida..... at a Military Fort.

I stated the following...... possibly worth repeating on this forum:

The United States Military IS: THE Constitution
The United States Military IS: THE American "FLAG".
The United States Military: Enforces/upholds the Constitution (the flag).

Nearly the entire premise of the Constitution is: Silver & Gold. (Article-1, Section-10) -----Gauging methodology of: Solidity/strength of a culture/Country.)
The United States Mint deliberately initiated Constitutional Currency circulation (coined Silver & Gold) TO the "FLAG" (the Military). Coined Silver & Gold was called: FLAG money. It was THE representation of the: FLAG/Constitution/Military/America.

When you dig up a uncirculated 1838 Half Dime and a uncirculated 1837 Dime........they were (most-probably): FLAG.
They ARE: the Constitution, the FLAG, the Military, the America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2021 08:45PM by NASA-Tom.
Re: Possibly worth Repeating
December 11, 2021 06:57PM
I love how Americans are proud of their country and get behind their flags and emblems, can't do that in the UK especially the part I'm from, your looked down on as a mental rightwing bigot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2021 06:58PM by ghound.
December 11, 2021 08:43PM
My (above) post is/was not meant to be political, patriotic or bias-leaning; but/rather........ the intent (and sentiment) of "what" money, Constitution and thought-process "intent" (((the mindset))) was ......(hopefully: still 'is')....... back during the Constitution creation era.

((( I have been called a "American racist" and a "White supremacist"........ for an American flag that I have mounted on the front of my house. Many folks WITHIN the United States.....HATE the colors/flag/America. )))
December 11, 2021 08:53PM
Our American flag flies proudly on my house as well, and will.
JCR
December 11, 2021 09:07PM
So many basics that were grounded in the "real" have become fake in our lifetime. Not just the coins we seek as detectorists. But what was once a vibrant, civil society of individuals, each making and leaving their mark on the world around them. The past of today won't be worth searching for in the future.

Chris
December 12, 2021 02:25AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
>
> ((( I have been called a "American racist" and a "White supremacist"........ for an American flag that I have mounted on the front of my house. Many folks WITHIN the United States.....HATE the colors/flag/America. )))

It's a sad state of affairs if you cannot fly an American flag without being called something derogatory. We may be far from a perfect country, but nobody said this democracy experiment would turn out perfect. The constitution of the United States of America is probably the most important step forward in individual freedoms since the Magna Carta.
December 12, 2021 01:01PM
I have no problem flying a flag...... after all, unlike many of them wishing to call me names or disrespect the colors.... i served over 20 years. I was in when we still had the military pay lines..... go in one end of a tailor where there were 2 armed guards and the pay master. He would count out you monthly pay.... then of course there were people on the other ends taking up collections before you got out the door lol. As a PVT.... that was well deserved cash and many were living pay check to pay check. Believe me looking back at the compound from your foxhole on guard duty and seeing that flag is very very comforting. Cancel what you want.... but its not going to be my patriotism or the colors. Its a strong symbol of who we are and has been since the revolutionary war.
December 12, 2021 05:48PM
when do you think this changed?
...1861?...1873/1907?...1933?...or some other point in time? ... was it destined to change from the beginning with the over issuance of the continental currency?
I like to think of the "what ifs" and how we are effected by the decisions made in our early history.
December 13, 2021 01:22AM
Tom
I just dug a 1837 half dime 2 weeks in a field site .
Nice post.