Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP DEUS II VS MINELAB EQUINOX 800 DEPTH TEST

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP DEUS II VS MINELAB EQUINOX 800 DEPTH TEST
December 12, 2021 03:31PM
Looking at both detectors in preset programs. [youtu.be]
Re: XP DEUS II VS MINELAB EQUINOX 800 DEPTH TEST
December 12, 2021 04:23PM
Nice video thanks.
I keep forgetting until he mentions it but his deus ii only has the 9" coil that is some good depth with that coil.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2021 04:29PM by GreenMeanie.
December 12, 2021 04:53PM
I like how you prefaced the testing duels by clarifying and insisting that : You are not going to allow yourself to be biased to give favorable reviews. SIMPLY because you'd been given a test prototype.
December 12, 2021 05:44PM
Am I alone in remembering Keith and others being bashed for accepting a free decetor for testing??
December 12, 2021 05:54PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I alone in remembering Keith and others being b
> ashed for accepting a free decetor for testing??

Really ? Why ?

If I were a manufacturer, I would pass out prototypes for review. NOT just to get some user feedback from those they sent it to, but for a much bigger "Madison Ave. purpose " : Because in this digital day & age, word-of-mouth no longer spreads via magazines (printed page text) and club-meetings (ie.: "bumping into users on-the-street"). Today, rumors get spread via social media. And if there's a better mousetrap, then hobbyists are ALL OVER THEMSELVES to boast , compare, read, etc..... Just like a fisherman showing on a trophy bass, and wanting to know what his peers think of a fishing lure, well so too is md'ing.

So the manufacturers can easily deduce who the hot-shots are, that love to compare, make videos, etc.... And can easily deduce who is respected (via who is posting drool-worthy finds ).

thus I do not know why anyone would be bashed for sending or receiving a free machine.

I can see how some reviews might be highly suspect (that you fell victim to bias). But as long as that's weeded out , then .... why "bash" ? And by "weeding out", I mean, it can be easy for others to be skeptical if it's not *truly* pitting against prior tech, etc....
December 12, 2021 06:05PM
I could be remembering wrong, but I think the main argument was that Keith reviewed, as well as sold detectors? Most established companies don't give products away without strings attached. I'm not calling his character into question because I don't personally know the man. I just tend to trust people's reviews more when they purchase something with their own money and point out both good and bad points.
December 12, 2021 06:18PM
67GTA Wrote:
> I could be remembering wrong, but I think the main
> argument was that Keith reviewed, as well as sold
> detectors? Most established companies don't give p
> roducts away without strings attached. ....

Thanx for clarifying. Yeah, I can see the confusion. There could be conflict of interest. Hhhhmmm

But there's also scores of hobbyists who are not dealers, nor financially vested. And just like to compare, for love-of-sparring. Just for love of social interaction. It shouldn't be hard to locate those folk. If you read social media show & tell forums long enough, a manufacturer would begin to know who's got the cred's and finds. And if those persons say "I don't care for such & such machine", then .... go figure .... "people on the sidelines" take notice. It plays into their buying decisions.

It's no different than it was 25+ yrs. ago, where a room full of md'rs show up at a club meeting. And back then when you heard that "so & so found his 3rd reale or seated" this month, you couldn't help but wonder " "What machine is he using". And you'll chum up to him for advice, etc....

Today is no different, except that the news travels instantly. And the "audience" is no longer just a room full of 15 buddies. It's now 10,000 buddies . Haha
December 12, 2021 07:38PM
Really liking the Deus2, just not seen any performance advantage over the Nox as yet to make me spend.
It will be interesting to see how well it picks small low conductors out of mineralised pastures, which is a strong point of the Nox.
December 12, 2021 08:12PM
Cal, thank you for doing this head to head!

Ignore the haters.
December 12, 2021 11:23PM
I am under NO obligation to Deus..It was sent to me to do as I please.. That alone told me they were confident in what they had developed. As far as 1500 dollars goes well my dive light cost 2 grand so I am not selling my soul for 1500....

As for the free machines I have been critical of some ...Question is WHERE are the machines they were praising today? exactly...

BTW like Tom pointed out it will not take long for people to figure out what I am saying and showing is true because of social media these days...
December 12, 2021 11:30PM
If you dont believe what I am showing dont buy it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2021 11:31PM by calabash digger.
December 12, 2021 11:44PM
Don't waste your time trying to convince us about trusting you or not, We believe you calibash. Pretty easy to tell a BS'er and you are not one.Good salesman though. lol I want to learn the Deus2 as I may be in the market, thanks!
December 13, 2021 12:29AM
doc holiday Wrote:

Agree
December 13, 2021 12:30AM
doc holiday Wrote:

x2
December 13, 2021 01:41AM
Excellent job on vid Cal. Also for the price your get 5 yrs warranty vs 3. To me is a huge deal, to others maybe not. I'm sure hoping the bottle cap feature can do some good work in my old ghost town busted tin sites. I'd love to see how full tones and max bottle cap does. Have you played around with bottle cap and disc settings? How does disc affect the bottle cap reject feature?
December 13, 2021 02:17AM
Deus-2 is certainly looking impressive.
December 13, 2021 02:47AM
Keep the videos coming Calabash.

Few things I would like to see (I presume others too).

How does using bottlecap reject setting affect deus 2 unmasking/ separation as far as nonferrous and closer proximity ferrous?

How does using single freq compare to multi freq as far as unmaksing/ separation?

How does deus 2 ID nonferrous that is being compromised to some degree by ferrous material? And does deus 2 favor more accurate ID in these situations on lower or higher conductors?

How does disc setting on deus 2 line up for nail rejection(using multi freq) as compared to deus 1?

Any visuals provided with deus 2 on targets? Like xy screen on deus 1?

Like to see silver dollar swept. Also a stack of say half dollars. See if deus 2 still detects.
And silver dollar on edge swept both ways to note ID readings. And how low is ID when swept longways?

Last but certainly not least.
Get a clad dime and nickel. Sweep each solo note reading.
Place each side by side touching. Sweep using full tones. Try all programs using multi freq. See if deus 2 gives info on the two coins present.
Next place dime on top of nickel squarely. Sweep using multi freq all programs. And see if ID varies. And how compromised dime ID is due to nickel presence.
Then reverse place dime on bottom and nickel on top and repeat.
The above test might tell us some thing about deus 2 for sure.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2021 03:04AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 13, 2021 03:39AM
tnsharpshooter
Near the end he does a test of one of the things you are asking about.
link

Calibash just had one uploaded to youtube too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzQyGbS_C30&ab_channel=CALABASHDIGGERScubaDivingandMetalDetecting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2021 04:04AM by GreenMeanie.
December 13, 2021 12:28PM
Your test bed is hunted out I think .lol. Free gear from XP? Wow
December 13, 2021 03:04PM
Until I see some head to heads going against the Equinox 800 in Park1 and Park2 I will remain a skeptic. Until I see what the Deus II can do in sites heavily polluted with non-ferrous trash I will be skeptical.

I know there is a lot of beach hunters out there, but I still would think they would be in the minority of metal detectorist as a whole. Why start head to heads in Beach mode?
December 13, 2021 06:31PM
((( I think because he's headed to the beach next. )))