Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus 2 with Calabash at the beach. With special guest Minelab EQX

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus 2 with Calabash at the beach. With special guest Minelab EQX
December 13, 2021 11:47PM
This music here may be fitting. You dropped a bomb on me.
[m.youtube.com]

Actual beach video.
[m.youtube.com]

In case anyone is wondering.
I told a person to keep their eyes on XP. For multi freq development. No joke. Actually it was Calabash. I had zero inside info. Just a hunch based on the rerun videos Mr Blackwell was doing with deus 1.

And now we know why XP sent the unit to him even after Calabash told them what he was going to do with unit. They know how good this unit is evidently!!!
And wonder if Deus 2 was tested against EQX during development?
Any semi intelligent person would say YES !!!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2021 12:01AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Deus 2 with Calabash at the beach. With special guest Minelab EQX
December 14, 2021 01:18AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This music here may be fitting. You dropped a bom
> b on me.
> [m.youtube.com]
>
>
> Actual beach video.
> [m.youtube.com]
>
>
> In case anyone is wondering.
> I told a person to keep their eyes on XP. For mul
> ti freq development. No joke. Actually it was Cal
> abash. I had zero inside info. Just a hunch base
> d on the rerun videos Mr Blackwell was doing with
> deus 1.
>
> And now we know why XP sent the unit to him even
> after Calabash told them what he was going to do w
> ith unit. They know how good this unit is evident
> ly!!!
> And wonder if Deus 2 was tested against EQX during
> development?
> Any semi intelligent person would say YES !!!

I've said for years if XP makes a simultaneous multi-frequency detector then I'm most likely done testing detector brands. From what I'm seeing it's a beast. I have a really good feeling that this new deus 2 will out perform most anything in it's class. I can't wait!!
December 14, 2021 01:36AM
I would really like the deus2 to blow away the nox this would force minelab to get out a new flagship detector they had the last in 2012 it's time.They have 3 years of data from the nox so i can only imagine what they will come out with . subey

December 14, 2021 02:06AM
Deus2 has my attention.
Nice Work Calabash. Would really like to know how that 11" coil stability would be with water contact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2021 02:25AM by midalake.
December 14, 2021 03:32AM
Couple things I'm impressed with. Deus-2 CONTINUED to detect the ring.......even when the 'splash' was splashing over the ring. I have had plenty of targets 'disappear' ....once the target was covered with 'splash'. Then the target resumes detection when the saltwater recedes.

(((That gold chain looks to be detected to a foot!......whilst laying on the surface of the wet sand))). I have no idea (for way of comparison) what the settings were on....on the EQX.

It appears Salt Balance is totally separated from Ground Balance......on the Deus-2. Dimitar (Tarsacci) may kill me for saying this: I am SO glad that another manufacturer followed in Dimitars footsteps.....and followed his lead! Dimitar is way ahead of the game in this regard. I speculate that you can utilize the Salt Balance inland...with the Deus-2....... in a non-conventional/unorthodox way....... to your advantage......... just like with the Tarsacci.
December 14, 2021 08:44AM
Calabash,
Go back to beach.
Hopefully with gold hoop earring. With it opened. Do some depth tests in wet salt sand. Vary salt setting and see effects as far as detection and strength of signal.

A small gold cross would be nice to test too.

And just how deep will deus 2 with 9" coil detect US nickel (give distinctive nonferrous tone) ?? And how deep will it ID nickel within 3 points either side of ideal ID swept on top of ground?

Would like to know how deep deus 2 detects nickel in your soil too.

I know you are trying to get some bad dirt to test deus 2 in.
Be interested to see how it does.
December 14, 2021 10:20AM
The user manual has salt sensitivity in the beach modes, i can't see anywhere that it points to using it on land programs, maybe Calabash could check this out as it would swing it for myself.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Couple things I'm impressed with. Deus-2 CONTINUED
> to detect the ring.......even when the 'splash' wa
> s splashing over the ring. I have had plenty of ta
> rgets 'disappear' ....once the target was covered
> with 'splash'. Then the target resumes detection w
> hen the saltwater recedes.
>
> (((That gold chain looks to be detected to a foot!
> ......whilst laying on the surface of the wet sand
> ))). I have no idea (for way of comparison) what t
> he settings were on....on the EQX.
>
> It appears Salt Balance is totally separated from
> Ground Balance......on the Deus-2. Dimitar (Tarsac
> ci) may kill me for saying this: I am SO glad that
> another manufacturer followed in Dimitars footstep
> s.....and followed his lead! Dimitar is way ahead
> of the game in this regard. I speculate that you c
> an utilize the Salt Balance inland...with the Deus
> -2....... in a non-conventional/unorthodox way....
> ... to your advantage......... just like with the
> Tarsacci.
December 14, 2021 10:53AM
The chain test made me catch my breath and stop breathing. You don't find them unless there is a bigger piece/medallion/charm on them or they are a recent drop or have big links. Wonder what a very fine link plain chain would show as if at all.
December 14, 2021 12:13PM
ghound.........I am not adverse at all.....to using a Beach program on inland/turf......especially if there are attributes. On the EQX....it is not uncommon for me to use Beach Mode-1 (or 2) inland under certain circumstances (to also include EMI mitigation). In general: Park Mode-1 mitigates signal attenuation the best for inland; yet, sometimes (20% - 35%), Beach Mode-1 is the winner.

Wondering if that is a 14Kt chain........ or a gold-plated chain........in the beach video? Yes, I too.....am breath-taken with a 12" detection range on a gold chain!
December 14, 2021 12:34PM
Another video.
On land using beach program using gold ring and bottle cap.
Comparing EQX and Deus 2 behavior.

[m.youtube.com]

Side note here.
Reports coming out of France. Deus 2 units preordered booked up for Feb 2022 availability to purchasers. Seems preorders there have ceased until more supply becomes more evident down the road. How does this figure in with unit availability to USA customers? Good question.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2021 12:45PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 14, 2021 02:19PM
NASA Tom, it didn't cross my mind it may be a gold plated chain. The distance detected (unheard of) does cast some doubt it was a solid gold chain.
I pray that it was a medium link solid gold chain. . . .that is some jump in tech. And if true, wouldn't that put the Deus2 into the micro gold category?
December 14, 2021 04:18PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> ghound.........I am not adverse at all.....to usin
> g a Beach program on inland/turf......especially i
> f there are attributes. On the EQX....it is not un
> common for me to use Beach Mode-1 (or 2) inland un
> der certain circumstances (to also include EMI mit
> igation). In general: Park Mode-1 mitigates signal
> attenuation the best for inland; yet, sometimes (2
> 0% - 35%), Beach Mode-1 is the winner.
>
> Wondering if that is a 14Kt chain........ or a gol
> d-plated chain........in the beach video? Yes, I t
> oo.....am breath-taken with a 12" detection range
> on a gold chain!

In my experience with chains of gold and gold plating. If that chain was plated gold I think the Equinox would have been able to read it deeper. So in my opinion that is the normal range of the Equinox on gold chains and that test mimicked anything I would have found on the beach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2021 06:50PM by midalake.
December 14, 2021 10:03PM
If it was truly a plum/solid (10k, 14K, 18K) gold chain........and could be detected to 12"....resting on the wet salt, then; YES...... we would have the first ever in the history of mankind: a micro-jewelry hunter IN the wet-sand! This implicates that the Deus-2 could possibly detect a 10Kt white gold stud earring..... to about 2" in depth. This may not sound like much......but would open up a World that is completely unknown to detectorists.
(((Remember: micro-jewelry never gets 'sanitized'.......or even touched. It has cumulatively been 'stacking-up' for thousands of years........and CONTINUES to be 'added-to'.........without ANY "cleaning-out"))).
December 15, 2021 01:26AM
Talked to Calabah.
Gold chain was not plated. He doesn't know if chain was 14k or 18k.
December 15, 2021 02:04AM
Ok. Good to know! (((The KT marking will be on the thumb of the claw-hook (clasp). He'll need a 10X loop to read it.
December 15, 2021 11:17AM
The French out did themselves if that chain is solid gold and can be detected in salt water, unmasking at its finest. If it can do that, I wonder if it can be set up to unmask that well in 3d, inland. Reading through the literature, it seems it also has a "Black Sand" setting called "Magnetic Ground" where you can accept or reject black sand, ferrite or meteorites. Looking forward to further tests on this unit. I want to know if it is also a depth monster, that matters to me big time.
December 16, 2021 12:23AM
If there truly is a "Magnetic Ground" setting (Black Sand setting)........this would be yet, ANOTHER thing that mimics the Tarsacci. {{{Now I'm beginning to wonder if XP hired Dimitar}}}! I believe that Tarsacci really made a 'statement' in the Euro-Countries; hence, the 'mark/impression' it's making (and has made).
With the Tarsacci being about 3 years old now....... the timing is about right for concepts to be adapted into other Mfr's units. There may be enough of a difference in 'how' it was implemented..... so as NOT to infringe patents.
December 16, 2021 01:47PM
Could it be they pay a royalty for his tech?

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> If there truly is a "Magnetic Ground" setting (Bla
> ck Sand setting)........this would be yet, ANOTHER
> thing that mimics the Tarsacci. {{{Now I'm beginni
> ng to wonder if XP hired Dimitar}}}! I believe tha
> t Tarsacci really made a 'statement' in the Euro-C
> ountries; hence, the 'mark/impression' it's making
> (and has made).
> With the Tarsacci being about 3 years old now.....
> .. the timing is about right for concepts to be ad
> apted into other Mfr's units. There may be enough
> of a difference in 'how' it was implemented..... s
> o as NOT to infringe patents.
December 16, 2021 05:26PM
Very curious how this will perform with the 11" coil... Will it be as quiet and stable as the 9" coil in the wash area? I know the Excal with the smaller coil runs quieter than the 10" coil in this area. I have to say, that gold chain performance has me seriously looking at this thing...
December 16, 2021 05:44PM
Exciting times for sure.

I wonder if the launch of the Legend has been delayed a bit to kinda see how the D2 is going to compare to the current gen Legend. I tend to think that they were going hard at Minelab for the market share of SMF, and this might have blind sighted them. I figured XP would be one of the next ones to intro a SMF machine but didn't expect it at this time; BUT my ear hasn't been to the dirt in a while so I haven't really been in the loop as far as rumors and gossip. I was veering into interest for getting a Tarsacci MDT for some beach hunting but the D2 has my interest perked now.
December 17, 2021 01:04AM
Depth and stability look good. It is the combination of both that make a beach detector. The bottle cap rejection feature when used on the Whites units was a problem for unmasking. Just like using too much iron bias. I wonder if the the French have made it better?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 01:37AM by goodmore.