Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

t2 relic hunter or coinhunter? or both.

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
t2 relic hunter or coinhunter? or both.
June 23, 2007 01:46PM
well im about to buy a t2. i allways see the t2 described as a relic hunter, does that mean it does not do as well on old deep silver/coins? does it id deep coins accuratly or will the numbers jump around? i was looking at the t2 or f-75 but cant afford the f-75 right now and the t2 seems to be very close to the f-75 in general. i am mainly an old coin hunter, any advice would be appreciated. i have been reading other posts on this forum and others but i guess i need a detailed description of the t2 as a coinhunter. i mostly hunt old homesites some still standing some just a foundation or less.
Re: t2 relic hunter or coinhunter? or both.
June 24, 2007 12:44AM
I believe that I covered many T-2 info in the threads below....... but in a nut-shell, here goes; T-2

Above average Coin detector. Lacks 15% - 20% of the depth of CZ/F-75/Explorer on coins. ...... But will make up for it in trashy areas by 'seeing' between trash items better than any other detector.

Superior relic hunter simply because of it's ability to 'see' non-ferrous targets amongst heavy ferrous trash.

Fairly easy unit to learn.

Good construction.

Long battery life.

ID numbers are fairly accurate at depth..... assuming no partial masking. (Bad dirt can decrease ID reliability...as would with any detector.

Old home sites are littered with iron trash..... and the T-2 (and F-75) will trump all others in these types of environments.

Hope this helps!

Tom
June 24, 2007 03:16AM
thanks tom, i know you could have just said see my other posts! thanks again, it did help. chuck.
June 24, 2007 09:42AM
Hi Tom

Are you saying that both the T2 and the F75 could better even the compasses and tesoros in heavy iron/rust trash environment.

That would be really impressive concidering that the two has nearly the best depth capability around too.

regards.

frnifo
June 25, 2007 02:00AM
Hi frnifo,

My post/response did not make it..... so I'll try again.
The T-2 has nearly identical depth capabilities as the Compasses & Tesoro's..... so,,, in clean and mild-trash areas, performance will be about the same. In iron laiden areas the T-2 will trump all others (except for F-75). There are concentric coils, elliptical coils, DD coils and elliptical DD coils. The T-2 & F-75 has elliptical DD coils.... which will open doors that no other detector would ascertain. Now add a extremely fast microprocessor... and the F-75/T-2 will leave all others behind. Now..... in many of the States in the United States,,,, targets sink beyond detectable range.... on average.... of about 80 years. Yes, there are a few old coins that,,, for certain reasons,,, do not sink deep and can be found. What do you think most detectorists will claim? Yep,,,, all of my old coins were shallow.... therefore..... etc..... A very incorrect assumption. When a site is bull-dosed/excavated... old coins start appearing in larger volumes. That should tell a story all unto itself. Once again; How do you know what you are missing, if you don't even know that it exists.
The T-2 is a above-average coin hunter.... especially in trashy areas. (Coil design & rapid microprocessor). The T-2 lacks approx 15% - 20% of total depth performance on coins as compared to CZ/Explorer/DMC..... but makes up for it in extremely enhanced adjacent target separation characteristics. The F-75 has nearly identical depth capabilities on coins as CZ/Explorer/DMC. In most of my hunting applications, I require the deepest unit possible.... with correct ID at depth. When using a T-2, I must find extenuating circumstances....special dirt.... where old targets are shallow. (This equates to less than 1% of the sites in Florida). With professional training.... the T-2 & F-75 will startle all.

Tom
June 25, 2007 09:50PM
Thanks Tom.

I agree with your thoughts on deep finds left, but there is also alot of targets left close to masking trash and the fact that people trust their ID machine much more then they should. You have convinced me that the machines atleast equals the mentioned in trash, or atleast iron.

I ll try a F 75 or T2 soon, I have been following it closely and it is welcomed everywhere. Even in Europe for hammered thin coins in foil area deep in iron.

Guess maybe my preference for a tejon really comes to my weakness for ID and the curiosity for a unknown clear beep.

I know thats why the tejon shines for me, i m sure you understand what I mean.
maybe a F 75 with a blindfold ( tape ) ID would do the trick... lol.

regards.

frnifo
June 26, 2007 08:23PM
Recently,

I recovered 6 old coins in a heavily Fe infested area..... of which NONE of them registered as a coin..... and I-MYSELF,,,had NO idea what they were before I dug. One of the coins was a 1893 'O' Barber dime that ID'd from '04' to '23' on the VDI (F-75). That's lower than a nickel reading. Of all the coins recovered, I was CERTAIN there existed a non-ferrous target amongst the ferrous multi-targets under the coil,,,,,,,........... It's just that I could NOT call the "shots" before recovery. Disc '06', Sens '92', 'PF', Monotone.

Settings MOTTO; "To go where no one has gone before".

Tom
right on, this is similar to what I'm seeing....
June 28, 2007 01:52PM
hi tom, your barber behaviour is basically what I'm seeing in my high-80's soil (tho not as extreme), ie I hunt by sound first, then depth. vdi is so 'off' (and jumpy) as to be unusable. a better decision can be made after the first plug is removed (with the vdi becoming more believable). I do find that most hits that read ferrous one way then 'non' the other are not good. Deep, 'too high' numbers seem to be a waste of time also. I'm curious as to the notion of a poorly tuned machine. will 10 machines all be very different?, ie could I have a bad one? Is 'hand tuning' required?, ie interacting analog components? I run '6' also with sen 70's (if I can). haven't tried pf, can you elaborate its usefullness?
appreciate your expertise....
Re: right on, this is similar to what I'm seeing....
June 29, 2007 12:27AM
I have (now) had approx one dozen F-75's thru my hands, bench & test-garden. One unit had a bad coil. Swapping coils.... ALL of the units were absolutely identical in performance in every respect (nearly completely digital platform). There are virtually no internal adjustments on the F-75's.

Your dirt mineralization is most probably the cause of your experienced results. Also,,,, about 2 months ago, I set F-75 for max performance and handed unit to a friend .... and cut him loose on some property. In 35 minutes he thought the F-75 was junk. Then I cut him loose on the same property with a 1266-X and a Minelab Advantage... he instantly realized he was detecting carpets of nails. Although not perfect, a different level of appreciation was ascertained for the F-75.

"PF" is Plowed Field ..... and a different (slower) time domain response invokes (undetectable to human ear).... and compensates for 'gradual' lumpy ground mineralization time domain signal response. As coil is swept... open-air - to lumpy dirt (with mineralization) - to open air again.... can look like a 'slow' target to microprocessor/demodulator.

Glad you hunt by sound (audio) FIRST.... as this is critical.... especially w/T-2 & F-75. ,,,,,, then, secondarily by VDI/ID.

Tom