Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here comes Santa Claus..right at me!

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here comes Santa Claus..right at me!
December 17, 2021 02:34AM
It was mid December, 2016(I think), and we had a warm-up with temps up to the 60's. I was visiting my folks and decided to MD a park near them. This park is located smack dab on the main avenue. It was a Sunday and quite curiously on this warm, overcast day, there were only two people in the whole park park

Just the prior year, I was thrown out of the park for digging.The circumstances I won't go into detail, only to say that, sometimes, a person has to show off for the new hires and throw someone out.

I began by finding some wheats and two silver dimes. There is a nice wide brick pathway which is the main path into the park. I decided to search around it since I normally stay away from it, due to all the people traffic. I kept feeling that I was going to get kicked out again. It was so quiet. I noticed that the main avenue hasn't had any traffic on it in a while. Needless to say, it was kind of eerie. Then, I started hearing faint Christmas music off in the distance.

I had a nice signal on the 3030 sounding like deep silver. I was right next to the path so I was trying to rush it. I was at pin pointer depth and getting a faint signal.

The Music started getting closer and louder. I was looking around wondering what was going on. I had a nice pile of dirt now and still no recovery. I noticed there was a few people standing at the curb of the ave. Maybe there was going to be some kinda of birthday party in the park, I thought. I was still having a problem trying to get to the target.

The Music was at it's loudest with the song "Here comes Santa Claus". I was on my knees, with a huge pile of dirt and a gaping hole struggling to find the target when I looked up toward the ave and now there was a crowd of people walking down the ave turning into the park with Santa Claus, the mayor with city council people, and military guardsmen with the fake rifles and full dress marching along side Santa, all headed down the pathway, into the park, right at me just 15 feet away.

The only way I could describe how I felt was sheer panic and utter disbelief! I had a crowd marching toward and my first thought was, "they are coming to arrest me". Then I had a one second reprieve when I realized it was just a Xmas parade...marching right at me! I quickly covered the hole with dirt then the plug, brushed it so it looked nice and stood up just in time as the crowd was on me! I had to think fast so I said "YAAA Santa" and started clapping. As the crowd swallowed me, I very discreetly went to my car and got the hell out of there!

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 02:42AM by Beyonder-Pa.