Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Christmas Eve give back

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Christmas Eve give back
December 25, 2021 04:51PM
This is the second time this happened on Christmas Eve to make someone very happy. The last time it was a young couple in their teens who was living in a one bedroom trailor their dad said and didnt have two nickels to rub together. After the give back on Christmas to the young lady the Dad gave me $100 which i gave to her saying you need this more than i do. Her husband who lost the ring and was working Christmas Eve had only been married a week.

Ive added my FB page rather than try and down load the ring because i dont seem to be able to post it from my Iphone any more. [www.facebook.com] This time around ..... the guys ring was lost back in Sept 2020 in an area too deep for me and another hunter to get to. Well we had some sand move last week and it was uncovered. Shawn who runs SouthWest Fl Detecting FB page as you can see contacted me and passed on the guys info. I contacted him Christmas Eve...... he lives in Ohio and was over joyed. So off it goes next week back to its owners.

Goes to show you just how much these type of metal rings can move if you get active enough movement. If it had been gold.... its likely it would still be out there.
Re: Christmas Eve give back
December 25, 2021 06:06PM
Dew,

Great story! Really cool!

Question -- how far do you estimate the ring was, when you found it, from where it was lost? Just curious, as I am clueless as to how much "movement" of objects occurs at beaches...

Merry Christmas, my friend -- to you, and to all of the rest of the forum members!

Steve
December 25, 2021 06:11PM
Great story. Good on you. You can't put a price on human relations like that !
December 25, 2021 10:37PM
Tom i think most of us who has been doing this very long have these touch your heart kind of stories ..... that just make us feel good.

Steve this one move about 30 yards straight in. We had one really big storm about that time that did crazy cuts and push ups ..... its just taken time for that sand to start moving. This time of the year if we get more N. winds it starts moving the sand South and we get spots where if the wind shifts targets cant get over these transition points. So i start slowing down and concentrating at the beginning and end of those points. With the much larger tide swings you get rip currents that cut the sand as well. These TI rings can get deep but not like gold which takes a lot more current and sand to move before it might move them or get you down to a depth you can hear them. Its like that coin argument........are coins sinking or getting covered up.