Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus 2 on UK beach video

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus 2 on UK beach video
December 26, 2021 11:37PM
Re: Deus 2 on UK beach video
December 27, 2021 12:26AM
I guess these things may depend on where in the world you are watching, but that was unwatchable. 10 seconds of adverts before the start, fair enough, I can handle that. Then 1/3rd the way through, a three minute advert about toilet training my dog. I don't have a dog. Followed by some Alexa internet-connected coffee machine something-or-other ad. Then some more ringpulls off the beach and ... bam, another 2 minute advert for ... I don't recall, it got the close-tab treatment in seconds, goodbye youtube.
Why do people continue using this garbage 'platform' ? The fact that they blatantly censor the heck out of the users, taking down videos, and closing accounts just because it doesn't fit someone's ideals is enough to turn me away.
December 27, 2021 12:47AM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess these things may depend on where in the wo
> rld you are watching, but that was unwatchable. 1
> 0 seconds of adverts before the start, fair enough
> , I can handle that. Then 1/3rd the way through, a
> three minute advert about toilet training my dog.
> I don't have a dog. Followed by some Alexa interne
> t-connected coffee machine something-or-other ad.
> Then some more ringpulls off the beach and ... bam
> , another 2 minute advert for ... I don't recall,
> it got the close-tab treatment in seconds, goodbye
> youtube.
> Why do people continue using this garbage 'platfor
> m' ? The fact that they blatantly censor the heck
> out of the users, taking down videos, and closing
> accounts just because it doesn't fit someone's ide
> als is enough to turn me away.

Agree. Rumble is another platform that so far doesn't silence anyone.
December 27, 2021 02:23PM
I watched the whole video and never saw an ad. Funny how this works.
December 27, 2021 04:23PM
VLC ( VideoLan Codec ) , the free, and rather good, open-source media player program, can play Youtube videos directly. It knows how to decipher Youtube's webpage functions/encoding/obfuscation etc because it has what's effectively an 'add-on' called a lua file. Then by simply selecting 'play online source' , with the Youtube video address as the source, it will play the video. With some fiddling with obscure menu selections, it's possible to locate the raw video source location, and save it to your disk drive, which is handy.

The downside is that you need an up-to-date lua file installed on your computer. And Youtube change the way their pages function endlessly , so a lua may only last a few months, and you've got to wait for the VLC software boffins to come out with a new tweak to the code before you're able to restore operation. I downloaded a new lua in March, and after 6 weeks it stopped working. I've just checked now, and there has been three updates since, the most recent being October AND November.

It only does the basic video-playing, more complex features like 'playlists' of multiple videos don't function. And the 'geographic filtering' still stops videos playing, so I ( in the U.K ) can't see videos that are restricted to US/Canada audiences - and no doubt it works the other way.
( I notice that many US news sources are completely unavailable in the U.K. Just yesterday, I followed a link to a page on "wreg Memphis Channel 3 news" to be informed that "This content is not available in your country/region" , in fact it's not that specific article; the entire website, www.wreg.com is blocked. ?? )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2021 04:32PM by Pimento.
December 28, 2021 09:46AM
I thought that Youtube didn't place adverts on little-watched videos/users , only adding them on the content that gets a decent viewing audience, and thus rewarding creators with some revenue if they make good popular videos ... seems reasonably fair, I suppose.
Well not any more. A policy change means they're adding adverts everywhere, like it or not ( my vote = NOT ) , see these news articles I found online:

[www.forbes.com]

[piunikaweb.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2021 09:50AM by Pimento.
December 29, 2021 12:22AM
Pimento Wrote:
> I thought that Youtube didn't place adverts on lit
> tle-watched videos/users , only adding them on the
> content that gets a decent viewing audience, and t
> hus rewarding creators with some revenue if they m
> ake good popular videos ... seems reasonably fair,
> I suppose.
> Well not any more. A policy change means they're a
> dding adverts everywhere, like it or not ( my vote
> = NOT ) , see these news articles I found online:
>
> [www.forbes.com]
>
> [piunikaweb.com]

YouTube made it difficult for the average person to do anything with them, but whether they reward you or not, they push advertisements on everything it seems.
December 29, 2021 10:52AM
Pimento Wrote:
> I thought that Youtube didn't place adverts on lit
> tle-watched videos/users , only adding them on the
> content that gets a decent viewing audience, and t
> hus rewarding creators with some revenue if they m
> ake good popular videos ... seems reasonably fair,
> I suppose.
> Well not any more. A policy change means they're a
> dding adverts everywhere, like it or not ( my vote
> = NOT ) , see these news articles I found online:
>
> [www.forbes.com]
>
> [piunikaweb.com]

I guess no one can do anything for free anymore, but I really wish they would let us “like” or “dislike” ads the way you can videos, and the dislikes would not be repeated. Because I would ‘thumbs down’ a whole bunch of ads that seem to pop up several times on similar videos. It’s ridiculous.
December 29, 2021 12:23PM
I watch videos all the time on YouTube without adds. The Hoover Boys being one. My other hobbies like Audio equipment reviews and bike riding have many videos without adds. I have no idea on why some are polluted with adds since I don't post videos myself. But it seems like there is a way for it not to be an issue.
December 29, 2021 04:00PM
YouTube is setup to where a person doesn't start receiving $ until the channel receives 1,000 subscribers. The more likes, subs, etc a video gets, after that, the higher YouTube places it in the algorithm, and makes it pop up on more people's suggested videos to watch. By doing so, it becomes "prime time" for commercials to air. It's all a money thing. Some people think when people put up a channel, that they are just doing it for ego and to be famous. What they don't realize is, once you get the ball rolling and channel off the ground, you can be raking in some serious dough. One of our local catfishermen started a channel some 6 years ago, of him cat fishing off the bank. His channel is extremely popular for cat fisherman now and he makes $60,000+ a year just from posting YouTube videos. Hannah Barron (look her up) is a very attractive female YouTuber that is just a country girl. She hunts and fishes, and got known for cat fish grabbling. She's from Alabama and makes over $100k a year from just her YouTube channel. That's not bad money for just putting out a few videos of stuff you like doing anyway. Then you have the oddball (to me) stuff where channels that video themselves playing video games are making $500k and more a year on YouTube because they have hundreds of thousands of subscribers and millions of views.

If I was making that kind of jack, I wouldn't care what people thought of it. That's why there's not a big rush to go to other platforms. It's extremely hard to grow a channel to that size and moving away to another platform would mean starting from scratch and more than likely, a huge paycut.
December 29, 2021 05:58PM
"YouTube is set up to where a person doesn't start receiving $ until the channel receives 1,000 subscribers. The more likes, subs, etc a video gets ... etc etc .."
That's how it was until 1 year ago. But now, they smother adverts on EVERY video, regardless of how popular it or it's creator is, and the creator doesn't get any revenue from those adverts, unless they meet the criteria you mentioned.
So now, the little guys get their content trashed from the get-go, with zero reward for it. This in turn makes it harder to 'grow' your market, when your viewers are being turned away in their millions by the insufferable deluge of poor-quality ads.
December 29, 2021 06:55PM
I know this guy, MrBallen is his YouTube name. He's my daughters family next door neighbor. He makes over $30,000+ a month telling scary stories. He is an ex Navy Seal. He has some real life stories also.