Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Honest Deus question

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Honest Deus question
January 02, 2022 12:26AM
I already own a Deus and I hunt mostly old parks, do I really need a Deus 2 ? I don't water hunt or beach hunt or prospect.
Re: Honest Deus question
January 02, 2022 12:09PM
I would say just watch as many videos of the new Deus as you can find and decide for yourself. There are already at least fifty of them out there and many, many more on the way when the new Deus gets delivered.
January 02, 2022 03:37PM
i am waiting to see if theres clear indications of an improvement on the mk1 before unloading 1500 quid
January 02, 2022 05:23PM
Especially for landlocked folks....... that's an exceptionally valid question. (I'm guessing it is).
January 02, 2022 05:50PM
Good question. Plenty of videos showing the Deus II in action. If I was a park hunter would I upgrade to the Deus II?
In a New York minute...
January 03, 2022 04:56AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good question. Plenty of videos showing the Deus I
> I in action. If I was a park hunter would I upgrad
> e to the Deus II?
> In a New York minute...

Always enjoy your videos C.D.

In what way is the Deus II that much better, as a park hunter, compared to the Deus?

How about the aluminum trash that is kind of the bane of the Deus, for park hunting, still an issue?

Thanks for all the time you spend for testing, videoing and sharing all the info. Keep 'em coming...
January 03, 2022 06:09AM
coinspader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I already own a Deus and I hunt mostly old parks, do I really need a Deus 2 ? I don't water hunt or beach hunt or prospect.

I'm assuming you're cherry picking deep oldies in the midst of modern trash. The D2 has some kind of "Deep Park HC" mode (HC short for High Conductor). Would love to see some of the deep silver slayers using the Explorer, Etrac, CTX, etc., flag some deep tough signals and see how the D2 does and vice versa with the ML. Definitely need more data on this mode, almost certainly meant to be run in multi with full tones and square mode.
January 03, 2022 02:39PM
Hopefully the TID numbers are better than the Deus 1
January 03, 2022 03:04PM
True! That's another one of my concerns. The TID's "should" be better...... if the SMF (FMF) technology uses demod's & comparators correctly......... and I suspect it does.