Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Makro LEGEND Depth Test 18 inches on a penny !

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Makro LEGEND Depth Test 18 inches on a penny !
January 09, 2022 06:45PM
Nokta Makro LEGEND Depth Test 18 inches on a penny ! thats the best result on a penny i have seen the best i have seen or done myself with a VLF unit is 16 inches with Nexus,Nautilus,Relic Striker.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Nokta Makro LEGEND Depth Test 18 inches on a penny !
January 09, 2022 08:06PM
IMO that test is a joke. Once you introduce air inside the tubes, it is essentially an air test. All of his depth tests are exaggerated because of this. I wouldn't try and relate that to actual depths in dirt.
January 09, 2022 08:29PM
It's the most useless test ever, the coil is stationary and doesn't see the soil.
January 09, 2022 08:30PM
67GTA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IMO that test is a joke. Once you introduce air in
> side the tubes, it is essentially an air test. All
> of his depth tests are exaggerated because of this
> . I wouldn't try and relate that to actual depths
> in dirt.

How would that make it an air test ? there is still soil above the coin what about all the trench tests where there are holes in the side of the trench wall is that an air test?
January 09, 2022 09:59PM
As ghound stated above, the coil must be moving to be able to see and interact with the soil. Soil affects depth. That is how detectors are designed unless you are using a non motion pinpoint mode. The air spaces in the tubes disrupts that process combined with the stationary coil, and it becomes a simple air test.
January 09, 2022 10:01PM
The trench tests are almost as useless, but not as bad, because you are only introducing a small air pocket where you shove the coin in. At least the coil is moving and having to interact with the soil until it hits the air pocket.
January 09, 2022 11:05PM
He did state that this was 'inbetween an air-test and an in-ground test' -- and he's right, though it's biased towards the air-test.
The soil in the container will still distort the coils magnetic field, and reduce depth. But as the coil isn't being swept over the soil, it's not seeing the variation in ground signal, which is ultimately the thing that limits real-world target depths. The fact the coins/rings are in a plastic tube is almost irrelevant.
The obvious problem with this test is that he's the only one doing it. No-one else has this set-up, and it's not representative of any other test, either buried or air-test .. hence the results are hard to interpret.

For what it's worth, I think that a UK bronze penny, like he used, could be detected to 13-14 inches with an Equinox in typical UK soil, which is fairly mild. Just a couple of weeks ago, I dug a halfpenny ( like he used ) at 11.5 inch in a park, with an Equinox. It gave a clear signal in 3 out of 4 directions, some nearby target was disturbing one sweep approach. In pinpoint mode, it was clearly near the machines depth limit, it may have been detectable at 12.5 inch.
January 10, 2022 01:39AM
(((Pimento..... your half-penny may have been somewhat tilted; hence "Why" you ascertained a 3-way))).

When a coil is SWEPT over dirt....... the electromagnetic energy flux-lines of the coil ARE being imposed upon. When the coil and dirt are both stationary......... yes, closer/almost an air-test.