Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for you Deus & M1-6 users :

Posted by Tom_in_CA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for you Deus & M1-6 users :
January 13, 2022 05:27AM
Question for your Deus fans :

For nearly 20 yrs. now, I've been a fan of the Explorer. And as you know, it's got the Sunray inline probe. So it has the perfect holster clips. And is connected by a chord, so you're never at risk of leaving it behind, ha

Contrast to the Deus and M1-6 probe : I was warned to tether it. To cut down on the risk of loosing it.

So I tethered mine with a springy chord, that I hook to my belt or apron. And then the probe itself goes into my apron between uses.

But I have found this to be a pain in the #ss. Ie.: clumsy. Chord that flops in my way, etc... I miss the old school probe that has prongs that the probe slides into, on the rod.

So has anyone done this with their Deus? If so, what did you use for snap-clips ? And I suppose a person could still tether it, to some point on their rod, eh ? If so, what type chord did you use for tether purposes ?

Thanx !
Re: Question for you Deus & M1-6 users :
January 13, 2022 05:51AM
I saw some accessories on ebay that allow you to attach your MI-6 to the Deus shaft listed under "metal detector accessories XP" One was located in the Ukraine, one was located in the United Kingdom, and one was in Spain, I didn't see any U.S. distributers.
January 13, 2022 01:12PM
Thanx coin-spader. Now I see the listing. At least for the Ukraine and Spain listing. I guess I failed to implement the adage of "google is your friend" :/

I dunno about ordering something from Spain or Ukraine. Like, I see on their "shipping" section, that they can't even quote a flat/firm shipping rate (go figure).

But I don't see a UK listing on Ebay. Got a link ?

And as you point out, nothing shown for anyone in the USA who has devised any such thing.

So how are you USA guys doing it ? Are you putting the probe in your apron between uses ? Or the velcro sleeve thing that goes on your pants-belt clip ? Or .... ?
January 13, 2022 02:19PM
I have a leather sheath that holds my hand digger and my pin pointer ... there is a D-ring on the sheath if you want to tether the pin pointer, I've never used it though ... I'm sure someone has lost a pin pointer before, but you really only need to keep track of a few tools while out hunting ... hard to imagine the things that could lead up to that loss .. though I watched a utube video where a guy buried his, filling his hole after retrieving a target.

I've also seen where people use the sheath that comes with the pinpointer to attach it to their shovel or machine.
January 14, 2022 02:58AM
ScoTTT2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a leather sheath that holds my hand digger
> and my pin pointer ... there is a D-ring on the sh
> eath if you want to tether the pin pointer,

Thanx ScoTTT2 . Good info.
January 15, 2022 08:33PM
Tom I have one of these and work great.

[www.metaldetector.com]
wjs
January 15, 2022 09:11PM
It supposedly has a lost pinpoint feature even if turned of or lost for weeks.

Lost MI-6 search mode (even off and after several weeks)
January 17, 2022 06:54PM
Kickindirt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom I have one of these and work great.
>
> [www.metaldetector.com]
> ount-for-xp-orx-and-deus

Perfect ! Thanx !