Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Xp Deus 2 product improvement data. Additional info sent 4-24-2022

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Xp Deus 2 product improvement data. Additional info sent 4-24-2022
February 07, 2022 04:42AM
The following information submitted via email Feb 6, 2022 at 1023 CST to Xp for recommendations for product improvement - Xp Deus 2 version 0.6.

Hi Regis,

After using Deus 2, reading feedback from actual Deus 2 users, and reading even other potential Deus 2 customers thoughts and discussions, below is a list of recommendations for your organization to consider implementing on the Xp Deus 2 model VLF detector. Recommendations below are categorized as either critical, noncritical, general observation or user’s manual recommendations. All these recommendations are based on use and review of Deus 2 version 0.6.

Critical

Users in the field while using Gold Field program looking for gold nuggets in highly mineralized soil, are reporting detector sounds off on hot rocks. These hot rocks are yielding an ID in window of 00 with tone given. Recommend if possible to add notch feature to Gold Field program to give capability to notch the unwanted targets.
Users using Relic program searching in highly mineralized soil are reporting detector sounding off on higher mineralized pottery with Deus 2 giving tone and ID reading of 00. Recommend if possible to add notch feature to Relic program to give user capability to notch unwanted targets.

Noncritical

1. Target ID value times out too fast on Deus 2 after target is swept. I have compared this time out speed with Deus 1. Deus 2 is substantially faster at timing out on the Target ID value. Recommend Deus 2 be slowed so Target ID times out much like Deus 1 performs.

2. Lower left Deus 2 screen area where coil and remote battery levels are shared with ground level graph. This area currently during detector operation toggles displaying above info. This toggling has been reported by actual unit users to be distracting. This rate of toggle seems is approximately a 2 second switch rate. Recommend to have battery level with corresponding device icons come on at detector turn on and stay in screen for 15 seconds. This gives users time to look at the info. Additionally recommend adding a menu option for user to select auto toggle rate of the battery level icons and ground level. Suggest 2 sec and 4 sec rate of toggle for user choices. Additionally add menu option whereas user can select just one be displayed in screen at all time either coil and remote charge levels or ground level (exception detector battery level icons will be displayed for first 15 sec at detector turn on) . This should satisfy folks hunting in milder ground, higher mineralized ground, and gold prospectors. And gives folks option to indeed stop the auto toggling should they find it distracting. Recommend default detector behavior on this subject to have both battery level icons and ground level screen alternate, but at a slower rate than they currently switch- Suggest 4 seconds for default setting for toggling the info.

3. Recommend adding option for an oversimplified screen on remote for a user. Where basically ID of target only shown. In doing so make target ID size bigger for easier viewing.

4. I notice both plus and minus keys on remote when given long pushes both go to audio menu. I think one of these keys should be freed up and be used to do the following. Don’t think I have ever seen this done previously with any manufacturers’ detector model. I believe if this recommendation can be done and if adopted would be an industry first - one touch button action to activate external speaker and one touch push of a button to deactivate external speaker. Recommend freeing up either the long push of either the + key or - key and allow it to do the following. Control external speaker activation and deactivation external speaker providing a way somehow so user can to set standby volume level (so it burns no power) when speaker is off. So what would having this feature afford ? 1) Fewer buttons on remote pushed in the long haul, this could reduce remote keyboard wear and tear. 2) Folks wanting to do videos and show target responses, they can leave WS6 running, drop headphones to around their neck push button and get external speaker online quick. Show target. And push button again later get speaker offline quick. 3) Buddies or friends out detecting and one or more is using Xp Deus model, and they want to compare a signal obtained say by one of the group, Deus 2 User(s) can quickly get external speaker on line to show folks signal. 4) Hotter weather headphones can be uncomfortable. Person using Deus 2 could take a break from wearing headphones or put around their neck, and for a period could activate external speaker and continue to hunt while they cool off some. Then they may indeed go back to headphone use and deactivate external speaker. 5) Good idea for marketing. Some folks may see this feature and buy Deus just because they like doing videos. This feature being a time saver for doing videos could infact mean more video done with deus on average per user of another manufacturers’ model. Hence more videos can help with marketing and sales. 6) This feature should conserve remote battery power for some users and could extend remote battery life for some users as well. 7) No unplugging headphones to get external speaker to work. No replugging them back in so person can go find another target. No pushing multiple buttons using detector menu system.

General Observation

Deus 2 when pinpoint button is engaged, there is a noticeable delay before pinpoint provides signal of target as coil nears target. This delay exceeds the delay provided with competitor’s unit Minelab Equinox 800.

User manual recommendations

1. User manual fails to provide instructions for disabling and enabling the automatic power turn on feature when the remote control is powered on/off turning on/off the WS6 wireless module. Recommend editing using manual.

2. User manual page 49 speaks of 5 year limited warranty. The term transferable though is lacking for subsequent owners of Deus 2 past the initial purchaser. This has prompted folks to question the warranty policy. Recommend editing users manual.

Sincerely
David

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2022 02:44AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: I sent the following info to XP for product improvement of Deus 2 on Feb 6, 2022
February 07, 2022 02:49PM
Anyone here who sees some thing with Deus 2. Speak up.
I'll read
Re: I sent the following info to XP for product improvement of Deus 2 on Feb 6, 2022
February 07, 2022 06:58PM
Hi there tnsharpshooter. Not sure if this could be done in a software update or how hard it would be. But from the videos I have seen, the VDI screen seems to lack in resolution on upper end. A lot of the high conductors seem to be jammed up there in the 94-99 VDI. Dime, quarter and half. Coin Denominations are only a few #s away from each other. I know your going to end up digging those #s anyway in most instances. It would be nice to see the screen resolution opened up some.
When Im out not looking for coins, Im hunting for other high conductors with some size and mass, ie copper/ float copper. Would love to see the Deus 2 open up the VDI meter to get some more number spread on that upper end. Then one could distinguish a little easier between a large piece of copper and a really large piece. Maybe you would ignore a VDI# of 90 in favor of a 96 and higher. The difference between those number spreads could mean that that high conductor is almost twice the size. For my style of hunting this would be indeed helpful. And Im sure also for many other hunters too. Thanks for considering this tnsharpshooter to the Deus engineers, Steve
February 08, 2022 10:53AM
Quote 'glasartisan':
"From the videos I have seen, the VDI screen seems to lack in resolution on upper end. A lot of the high conductors seem to be jammed up there in the 94-99 VDI. It would be nice to see the screen resolution opened up some."

I think this is one of those situations where you can't please everyone, all the time. The Equinox has this type of target ID scale, and it's one of the machines annoying features, to me. Eqx has just 40 points non-ferrous ID range, and the top 10 points ( that's one quarter ) of that range is near useless to me. I get 5 targets a year (out of 5000) come in that range, so squashing it up to 5 ID points, thus freeing up 5 points to be added to the rest of the scale, would be a useful thing, to me.

With XP being in Europe, and their popular machines ( GMP & Deus1 ) being hot on low-conductor targets , it's probably no surprise they will compress the very high conductor end.

One possible solution is to have a different ID scale for different operating modes. So modes that operate at the low 4.7kHz / 14kHz freq range (Deep HC & Dive) get an ID scale that favours the 1c / 10c / 25c etc region. Other modes behave something like it currently appears to be.
But that scaling change is not easy for the operator ... it's what the Deus1 did , before 'ID normalise' was added to the software.

(( off-topic, but: having two ( three is probably too many ) distinct ID scales would help the Equinox ID scaling/range. Currently, a mid-range '20' target is a 6.5kHz target (or pretty close). This is reasonably OK for the 7.8kHz-heavy 'Park1 / Field1' modes. But the 'Park2/Field2' modes are 18.2 kHz-heavy, and centre-scale should be a coin such as the US 5c 'nickel', which is a 16.5kHz/17kHz target ))

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2022 07:46PM by Pimento.
February 10, 2022 04:10AM
Response received from Xp on recommendations above on Feb 9, 2022 2:17 am. CST.

Hello David,
Thank you for your email, I just got answers from the engineering team.

“We will retain some ideas for a future update.
Programs Gold and RELIC FIELD reject by essence only the ambient soil, if you notch another part of the soil you lose then the advantage of penetration of these 2 programs, but we will see all the same if we can add a function type notch”
February 10, 2022 09:29AM
That's all they said/responded to????
February 10, 2022 10:33AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's all they said/responded to????

I sure ain't going to complain. They responded to the items deemed critical rather quick. I have information that suggests the head of XP is really involved in making Deus 2 the best it can be. Seems they responded personally to someone I know on an issue in less than 6 hours.

Let's see what materializes in future updates based on the recommendations submitted.
February 11, 2022 12:48AM
David, I like your idea of a different id scale depending on which group of frequencies you are working in. That would be great. The lower freqs you are using, you would be able to see a higher resolution of the upper ID #s.
Or could they just bring back the normalization ID scale like what was on the Deus 1 if that would be the easier way to go. Are you able to talk to the engineers about that. Thanks David, Steve
February 12, 2022 03:21AM
glasartisan Wrote:
> David, I like your idea of a different id scale de
> pending on which group of frequencies you are work
> ing in. That would be great. The lower freqs you a
> re using, you would be able to see a higher resolu
> tion of the upper ID #s.
> Or could they just bring back the normalization
> ID scale like what was on the Deus 1 if that would
> be the easier way to go. Are you able to talk to t
> he engineers about that. Thanks David, Steve

I am going to watch user feedback. I may give recommendation. So far ID scale with where coins are works for me. Plus the tonal nuance helps too. Deus 2 loves disc shaped objects.
February 13, 2022 03:30AM
More data sent to XP.

Email sent to Xp Feb 12, 2022 at 9:18 pm CST.

Reads exactly as follows.
Title : Critical concern for warranty expressed in Deus 2 user’s manual.

Hi Regis,
This email is to inform you about an entry in user’s manual for Deus 2 model detector where warranty is described for items not covered - Item 5 in things not covered highlighted and underlined below in excerpt from Deus 2 manual page 49.

Folks interested in Deus 2 have called this entry into question since Deus 2 has a waterproof designation. This may infact be just an oversight as the Deus 1 (non waterproof unit) manual reads identical.

Recommend editing manual ASAP. And delete this item if not applicable to Deus 2 unit.

Excerpt from page 49 Deus 2 user’s manual :

In addition to the legal warranty resulting from Articles 1641 et seq. of the Civil Code and Articles L. 211-1 et seq. of the Consumer Code, due in any case on defects and hidden faults, XP provides this contractual war- ranty for the
This warranty does not cover :
• Breakage caused by falls, impacts or accidental damage
• Damage caused by abnormal use or resulting from non-compliance with the conditions of use stipulated in the device’s instructions.
• Using without coil cover, or using defective coil cover.
• Alteration of the electronic circuit by any unauthorized person.
Corrosion of electronic circuits, due to water ingress.
• A reduction in battery life due to battery ageing.
• Breakage of cables or wires.
Spare parts are not covered by the 5 year warranty:
parts must be replaced in case of wear and tear, in such a way to avoid damaging the device).
• Batteries, chargers and connectors carry a two-year warranty.
In the event of any fault or malfunction please contact your XP dealer for advice. Any part needing to be returned to the dealer or the distributor must be accompanied by a note explaining the fault. Carriage/ shipping costs are the customer’s responsibility. Proof of Purchase is required to make a claim under this warranty. If a faulty device has been replaced by a new or reconditioned one, the warranty will continue from the original purchase date.

Sincerely
David
Re: Xp Deus 2 product improvement data. Additional info sent 12 Feb 2022 9:18 pm CST
February 13, 2022 03:56PM
The TID time out is waaaay too short. Better be quick and have to stay focus on that to hard.
Re: Xp Deus 2 product improvement data. Additional info sent 12 Feb 2022 9:18 pm CST
February 14, 2022 06:43PM
Xp responds to recommendation/concern reflected in post above this thread.

Response reads exactly as follows:

Hello David,
Thank you for pointing this, especially if that raises some questions from the community.
This is to protect us from people who might use the DEUS II incorrectly. We can say the DEUS II is waterproof in its waterproof set up:
Antenna setup + red cap on remote control + BH-01
WS6 is not waterproof for example though it’s part of the pack

That’s why we have written this sentence.
February 21, 2022 08:28PM
They say anything about the screen setup?? I absolutely hate the screen layout. Its to busy. They didn't even take advantage of using all the space they could of looks like from my remote. Lots of unused pixels on the sides. Looks like they could've made everything about 1/8" larger. Im prob wrong but look like it. Love deus1 setup or ORX main screen setup. Why not add this option to the same area the XY screen is? I don't need to keep seeing my coil and remote battery life all day. I want my ground minimization bar and my numbers, with id #s ferris and non ferris. I think they ruined the main screen with all this stuff on it. Find my self face first into the remote in hand looking at it. I should be able to see it easily still attached. Brightness and contrast settings suck also during full sun. Cant hardly see the dang thing. Other then that the thing is a absolute beast. Power house machine.
Kickindirt Wrote:
> They say anything about the screen setup?? I absol
> utely hate the screen layout. Its to busy. They di
> dn't even take advantage of using all the space th
> ey could of looks like from my remote. Lots of unu
> sed pixels on the sides. Looks like they could've
> made everything about 1/8" larger. Im prob wrong b
> ut look like it. Love deus1 setup or ORX main scre
> en setup. Why not add this option to the same area
> the XY screen is? I don't need to keep seeing my c
> oil and remote battery life all day. I want my gro
> und minimization bar and my numbers, with id #s fe
> rris and non ferris. I think they ruined the main
> screen with all this stuff on it. Find my self fac
> e first into the remote in hand looking at it. I s
> hould be able to see it easily still attached. Bri
> ghtness and contrast settings suck also during ful
> l sun. Cant hardly see the dang thing. Other then
> that the thing is a absolute beast. Power house ma
> chine.

They have my recommendations and will take hard look at them.
The following was sent to Xp via email on 3-7-2022.

Reads as follows.
Observation using park program.

I’ll post this video. This video done by actual purchaser of Deus 2. Let you take a look at it. This gent is accomplished detectorist.
[m.youtube.com]

Sincerely
David.
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> The following was sent to Xp via email on 3-7-2022
> .
>
> Reads as follows.
> Observation using park program.
>
> I’ll post this video. This video done by actual pu
> rchaser of Deus 2. Let you take a look at it. This
> gent is accomplished detectorist.
> [m.youtube.com]
>
> Sincerely
> David.

Here’s response from Xp on above message I sent.

Hello David,
Thank you for sharing this feedback, the engineering team will double check everything on that program and see if there are improvements to make on a new update version soon.
Make sure everyone in the forums is subscribed to the XP Newsletter so they are aware when there is a new update available subscribe here. [www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2022 11:04AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Xp Deus 2 product improvement data. Additional info sent 03-07-2022
March 13, 2022 05:27PM
Wonder if the ears you have a hold of at XP would give us any info on the possibility of a 5x9 coil? There has been no official statement from XP, and all I hear is rumors. Last I heard was no because the new chip/battery wouldn't fit in the 5x9 housing.
March 14, 2022 01:49AM
67GTA Wrote:
> Wonder if the ears you have a hold of at XP would
> give us any info on the possibility of a 5x9 coil?
> There has been no official statement from XP, and
> all I hear is rumors. Last I heard was no because
> the new chip/battery wouldn't fit in the 5x9 housi
> ng.

I was just passing info as I saw fit on Deus 2 related things they have released (problems, observations, folks desires. I don't know anything about a smaller than 9" coil offering in the future. As time passes I may ask them and see what they say. Right now lot more folks who have ordered Deus 2 need to get and use.
April 09, 2022 12:38PM
Message sent to Xp (France) 7 Apr 2022 approx 930 pm CDST.

One gent’s remote wouldn’t do freq scan using Deus mono program. I don’t know if detector would do a freq scan in any of FMF programs or not. So this gent who was experiencing this told another Deus 2 owner. This second person tried to duplicate. Here’s what he did and his remote locked up. He went quite a distance away from coil with remote on. Therefore coil was out of range for pairing. Then gent hit scan button and then Deus 2 remote locked up. I haven’t tried to duplicate with my unit. Don’t think it is good idea. Too risky. Anyways I got to thinking. What happens if a person does freq scan and a coil is not paired? Most Deus 2 units when they are received already have coil paired. So most folks aren’t attempting to do freq scans with unpaired coil.

Anyways thought I would pass this along.

David.

————————————————————————————
Response received on issue directly above from Xp early morning 8 Apr 2022

Hello David,
I will definitely pass this along. Thank you for letting me know! I haven't heard about this issue before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info here on this issue. Gent who experienced remedied his situation by letting remote battery go dead. Then hooked up remote to charger and with some time remote screen unfrozen. Returned to normal ops.

I have relayed this remedy this gent was able to do to Xp as well.

Hopefully an update with help with this issue in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2022 12:42PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Xp Deus 2 product improvement data. Additional info sent 4-10-2022
April 11, 2022 10:26AM
Email sent with pic to Xp at approx 814 pm CDST 10 Apr 2022. Reads as follows:
Subject: A mark on bottom of Remote of Deus 2 that some think is a crack....

I will attach pic of bottom of my remote. The line shown on right side of bottom of remote is in question...It looks a lot like a few other pics posted on detecting forums. Some folks think this is a crack. I have looked at my remote closely with magnifying glass. Doesn’t appear to be a crack to me. Looks to be part of the molding process maybe. I did call one gent who has 2 Deus II units. Both his units he described what seemed like same/similar marks as shown in pic on the bottom of my remote. So I am passing this along so Xp can weigh in on this issue. Look forward to your response.

David

Folks interesting in looking at pic I sent see this link post #51
[metaldetectingforum.com]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply received via email 4-11-2022 at 1:58 am CDST from Xp Marketing Manager on subject of possible looking crack bottom of Xp Deus 2 remotes.

Reply reads exactly as follows:

Hello David,
Thank you for passing this along. Yes this is part of the molding process, it’s on every remote control. This is not an issue or a crack, feel free to reassure people it’s completely normal.
Kind regards,
Regis TESSEYRE
Marketing Manager,
XP Metal Detectors
8 rue du développement - ZI de VIC
F-31320 Castanet Tolosan – France
www.xpmetaldetectors.com

So this issue is closed.
Cheers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2022 10:37AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 25, 2022 02:42AM
The following data was sent to Xp regarding possible faulty ops of pinpoint function on Xp Deus 2 detector - (version 0.7)

Message was transmitted 24 Apr 2022 at 09:33 pm CDST.
Message reads exactly as follows:

Hi Regis,

Still loving Deus 2 detector. I have attached a video showing what I think is a problem with pinpoint function on unit. A nonferrous USA dime is on top of box for demonstrating the use of pinpoint in video.
I haven’t tried this by loading version 0.6 back into unit. I never saw this behavior though when I used my unit with version 0.6 installed. I have talked to one other Deus 2 owner that has experienced what is shown in video.

Sincerely
David

[m.youtube.com]
April 25, 2022 03:40AM
Someone has stumbled onto another interesting bug. Thought you and Calabash might want to explore it. I can replicate this myself. https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/18785-xp-deus-ii-anomaly/#comment-198948
Re: Xp Deus 2 product improvement data. Additional info sent 4-24-2022
April 25, 2022 11:41AM
That's a neat glitch. 67GTA, did you get the update to 7?
April 25, 2022 11:44AM
Yes I'm on v7. I'm afraid to change anything. Have to wait until this weekend to test and see if it will actually work on targets in the ground or if it's just an audio glitch.
April 29, 2022 12:10PM
This anomaly is gone with 7.1