Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Makro LEGEND Production Unit Beach Test eye popping smiley

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Makro LEGEND Production Unit Beach Test eye popping smiley
March 01, 2022 09:05PM
Here's a Legend beach video from Sunday. This beach is interesting in that during a minus tide (there's only a couple a year typically) it exposes the bedrock at the beach, and there have been many old gold and silver rings and whatnot found then.

It's more like crevicing in salt water trying to find the jewelry and coins that have been stuck in the bedrock cracks, nooks and crannies versus your typical sandy beach hunt. TomCA didn't like the Legend's audio, but then again he's using an Explorer2, so there's that. I do believe that I bested him on rings spinning smiley sticking its tongue out even though they were only silver, although he got lucky and found some pieces to a neat bracelet at the end of the hunt.

[youtu.be]
Re: Nokta Makro LEGEND Production Unit Beach Test eye popping smiley
March 01, 2022 11:15PM
Agree with Tom---I didn't like the audio tones.----Also, why all that wasted space on the bottom 1/3rd of the screen?
Re: Nokta Makro LEGEND Production Unit Beach Test eye popping smiley
March 02, 2022 02:18AM
On my next spin at the beach I'll try the 6-tone option and customize the tone breaks as well as audio (low iron audio volume and I like setting the silver range with a high pitch so it jumps out of the iron. The tone setting offers 6 sub settings as follows: Number of Tones , Tone Volume, Tone Frequency, Tone Break, Threshold Level, and Threshold Frequency. About any audio characteristic that makes sense as far as detecting goes is fair game. This was super useful on my Racers and the MMK. I think the tone options under 60-tones may in some ways be more pleasant to the ears (and completely programmable), but at the same time, in some ways the full 60-tones conveys more info, even though at times the audio comes across as contrived for lack of a better definition. I suspect this will improve with a firmware update.