Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Used the F75 LTD at Civil War water hole camp.

Posted by kcsteve 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Used the F75 LTD at Civil War water hole camp.
August 05, 2011 11:53AM
Hope you all enjoy the video!

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Used the F75 LTD at Civil War water hole camp.
August 05, 2011 12:40PM
Spectacular! And your naration is 'spot-on'. How you analyze targets is exacting............yes, most targets will not properly ID in nail-infested sites. Those carved lead gaming-tokens are highly collectible...... are of major historical significance.......... pose significant value....... and 'paint' a true story of an 'era'. The silver Trime is very nice. . . . and probably utilized right along with the gaming tokens. Hard to tell in the video..... but those musket balls appear to be of the .54 or .69-cal type. It still fascinates me to see such a huge open field of 'nothing' ......................... yet......................the detector paints a COMPLETELY different picture. Your display case is priceless..... is a major educational tool, , , and collectively.... represents a piece of our National history that may (someday) be forgotten. (((And we call this: "just a hobby"))). Also...... in this display-case presentation..... collectively....... it has MUCH greater value over (vs.) each piece individually. Keep it growing.....and at a rapid rate!
August 05, 2011 07:27PM
Steve you always make great videos. I've always wondered what camera you use for the videos?

HH,
Brian
August 06, 2011 11:29AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spectacular! And your naration is 'spot-on'. How
> you analyze targets is exacting............yes,
> most targets will not properly ID in nail-infested
> sites. Those carved lead gaming-tokens are highly
> collectible...... are of major historical
> significance.......... pose significant
> value....... and 'paint' a true story of an 'era'.
> The silver Trime is very nice. . . . and probably
> utilized right along with the gaming tokens. Hard
> to tell in the video..... but those musket balls
> appear to be of the .54 or .69-cal type. It still
> fascinates me to see such a huge open field of
> 'nothing' .........................
> yet......................the detector paints a
> COMPLETELY different picture. Your display case is
> priceless..... is a major educational tool, , ,
> and collectively.... represents a piece of our
> National history that may (someday) be forgotten.
> (((And we call this: "just a hobby"))). Also......
> in this display-case presentation.....
> collectively....... it has MUCH greater value over
> (vs.) each piece individually. Keep it
> growing.....and at a rapid rate!

Thanks Tom, your exactly right each and every artifact dug paints a wonderful picture describing the era in which it was lost. There is so much information given when recovering and documenting these finds which is so important in my opinion. The F75LTD is comparatively a different beast than the MXT (that I also use) and it is showing it's full potential that would meet any serious relic hunters expectations. Thanks again and I really enjoy reading the forums which has helped me gain better insight on these machines.
August 06, 2011 12:49PM
The MXT is one spectacular machine with it's ability to be 'quiet' in the iron. It ID's iron in superior fashion. But.......at the cost of .......... being TOO quiet in the iron. This unit becomes 'masked' in the iron too quickly; whereby, the F75/T2 platform will show their true performance capabilities in the iron infested sites. ..........The MXT and F75/T2 were invented by the same person.
August 06, 2011 01:36PM
Great video Steve! May I use it on my site?
August 06, 2011 05:02PM
Steve,

ALWAYS great to see your latest production. Thanks for the LTD audio this time. You have provided valuable insight into the capability that this fine machine has in the right hands and being able to hear the unique "language" of the machine is priceless.

Bob
August 06, 2011 05:09PM
My favorite things to find are items that have a story to them. It still tickles me to think about all of the stuff thats been sitting for decades just inches down.
August 06, 2011 05:53PM
VERY good video Steve!!! I could sit and watch hours of you detecting and digging those old campsites. I live in Savannah TN which is 9 miles from Shiloh. Grant and the Union army occupied this town before and after the battle of Shiloh. I have stumbled across a few campsites here in town. It added a new dimension to my detecting obsession. I keep mine plaqued according to location for future reference. Outstanding work Steve. Put us up a few more to watch! Thanks. Kevin
August 09, 2011 10:58AM
Hi Stoopstroop, what's your site?