Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Legend in iron and trash

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Legend in iron and trash
March 11, 2022 03:22PM
Okay guys I’m not going to be able to get my hands on a Deus 2 so I’m asking everyone that is using the Legend to tell me what they think of it in iron and trash. I know Nokta is going to come out with some updates to fix some things. Would I be happy with it since I sold my Equinox hoping to get a Deus 2 but, it is what it is. Need something now to hunt with. Thanks
Re: Nokta Legend in iron and trash
March 11, 2022 06:14PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay guys I’m not going to be able to get my hand
> s on a Deus 2 so I’m asking everyone that is using
> the Legend to tell me what they think of it in iro
> n and trash. I know Nokta is going to come out wit
> h some updates to fix some things. Would I be happ
> y with it since I sold my Equinox hoping to get a
> Deus 2 but, it is what it is. Need something now t
> o hunt with. Thanks

McCrory, why can't you get a hold of a D2? You don't have the patients to wait for one, maybe? Yea, I'm wondering when mine will get in, it has been months.
March 11, 2022 06:21PM
Yes everyplace I have checked they are on back order. It could be 3 months before I can get my hands on one.
March 11, 2022 06:51PM
If you were happy with your Equinox, you'll definitely be happy with the Legend, and it'll only get better as they roll out additional firmware updates and Dilek noted on an update a day ago that there's at least two coming soon with more to follow and three new coils were announced as well, although it was unclear if they planed to actually make all three, but they also said they were open to making other coils if user asked.
March 11, 2022 07:56PM
Is it true that you get less iron falsing with the Legend. That was the one thing I didn’t like with the Equinox
March 11, 2022 08:01PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> Is it true that you get less iron falsing with the Legend. That was the one thing I didn’t like with the Equinox

Honestly I didn't see the Equinox as any worse then a lot of other high end machines. When I hunt with Tom who loves to say his Exp2 doesn't dig iron, but I see his finds pouch at the end of our hunts and he has just as much iron in his as I do in mine eye popping smiley I'd say the same has been true of his Deus as well.

If the Legend is better in iron then the Exp2 and EQX that's saying something. If it can best the Exp2, EQX800 and D1 too, that's a good place to be.
March 13, 2022 12:52PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> Is it true that you get less iron falsing with the
> Legend. That was the one thing I didn’t like with
> the Equinox

I just got my Legend and only have about 4 hours on it, so my observations are just preliminary, but yes it has quite a bit less iron falsing. Now that I've said that, let me caveat. There might be a lot less iron falsing because the current firmware with the non-user adjustable baked in iron bias is set high. I have a pretty demanding test garden with quite a few iron next to good target tests in multiple versions of 3D (iron above, iron below, iron adjacent, iron above adjacent, iron below adjacent, etc), and the Legend hits every target the Equinox hits except 2. We'll see if the upcoming update changes that, it may or may not.

The big test will be next weekend, I have permission to hunt 8 acres in the heart of the Alexandria, VA historic district. I don't currently have an 800 anymore but my neighbor does, and we're going to survey flag every target and compare between detectors. This is something I usually do with all new detectors I run in some form, I have a "hunted out" field where I bring each new detector, survey flag all targets, and compare against other detectors in my stable, because I find that a far better representation of any one detector's performance over another than my test garden, as I possibly can't stage every scenario I'd run across. I'll be doing that test in the next couple of weeks, comparing the Legend, Equinox 800, Fisher F75+, and DeepTech Vista X. I'll video both events, and then watch people tie themselves into knots in YouTube comments describing the thousand different ways the test was flawed if their team didn't win.
March 13, 2022 12:55PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> Yes everyplace I have checked they are on back ord
> er. It could be 3 months before I can get my hands
> on one.

I have a somewhat local dealer an hour and a half from me that has Deus 2 in stock all the time, I'm not sure if he ships but can provide his info. If he doesn't ship I wouldn't mind picking it up and shipping to you for the price of gas, but with current gas prices that might be a bridge too far, lol.
March 13, 2022 01:53PM
THANKS Chris. Looking forward to your videos/observations/comments.
March 13, 2022 09:56PM
Chris what's your dirt like out there? Looking forward to your videos.
March 13, 2022 10:17PM
ChrisMD thank you for the offer but, after listening to the Nokta lady say they were planning several updates on the Legend I’ve decided to wait see what they come up with. Sounds like they are determined to make the Legend a legend in the metal detecting world.