Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus 2 silver program

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus 2 silver program
March 28, 2022 10:13PM
Looking for a great silver program in lots of iron and modern trash. Which program would you start in? General, fast or deep high conductors? Would you notch everything out from 0 to 85? By using notch will you be missing a lot of silver close to iron? What other settings would you adjust? Trying to build a great silver program that will find me the most silvers and best utilize my time spent hunting. Most the old sites I have require a program that can sniff out the silvers from amongst the iron and trash. I need a program that is fast yet gives you decent depth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Deus 2 silver program
March 29, 2022 09:31AM
sonar was always good on d1 but no idea on d2
March 29, 2022 02:20PM
You would think with all the great metal detectorers that have used the Deus1 and 2 that they would know how they would setup the Deus 2 for cherry picking silver.maybe they just need more time with the Deus 2.
March 29, 2022 02:28PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You would think with all the great metal detectore
> rs that have used the Deus1 and 2 that they would
> know how they would setup the Deus 2 for cherry pi
> cking silver.maybe they just need more time with t
> he Deus 2.

See my post below about Deus 2. Don't know if you have 9" coil or not. I do have 9" coil. And it rocks in the polluted sites. Best outfit I have used in polluted sites !!!! And in case anyone thinks ole Sharpshooter is blowing smoke, better think again.

If even found my first coin in this one area just yesterday. Been through there with lot of detectors and different sized coils. Yep, it was there the whole time. And I got it on my first cisit there with Deus 2. Imagine that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2022 02:39PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 29, 2022 03:13PM
Just got mine, so haven't had time to test to see if any of my D1 custom programs will work with the D2 multi freq platform. The multi freq aspect may give problems with D1 program settings. You can look up Gary Blackwell's sonar program and use the mono program as a base for setting it up. It works well for alerting you of nonferrous targets in iron because it uses tone breaks instead of iron discrim. It uses -6.4 discrim. The tone breaks make the nonferrous targets really jump out because they are set to a high tone.
March 29, 2022 03:27PM
Check out Calabash Diggers fast program for iron. I used it with my 11" coil and while a bit of a handicap it pulled a 1906 barber dime and a 1912 V Nickel from a spot where a building burned down decades ago. Lots of trash. 4 or 5 reactivity and 1 iron volume square pwm audio. HH JR
April 01, 2022 07:01PM
From my initial testing the default D2 programs are superior to the custom D1 programs I used to use. The D2 Fast program hits targets in heavy iron for me better than the old sonar program does. You will miss coins by notching because a coin co-mingled with iron will sometimes have a lower VDI than normal. If you don't want to be bothered with trash or odd shaped iron, then notch out everything you don't want to hear except the silver coin range. If you are in heavy iron, you aren't going to get any depth. Fast AND deep doesn't exist. If you get out away from the heavier iron patches, then Deep HC works great.
April 02, 2022 03:02AM
Could someone give me Calabashes settings for silver in iron and trash for old parks? I know it’s starts in Fast program but, what other settings do I use? All his adjustments for this program. Thanks