Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I am big time student of NASA Tom........video showing silent emi using Deus 2

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I am big time student of NASA Tom........video showing silent emi using Deus 2
March 30, 2022 01:13AM
Users of Deus 2 based on this video would serve themselves better by using/depending on freq scan feature offered on detector. Versus manually selecting channel based on "quietness".

[m.youtube.com]
Re: I am big time student of NASA Tom........video showing silent emi using Deus 2
March 30, 2022 12:36PM
Good one David. I always carry a dime on a hunt to test for just that.
JCR
Re: I am big time student of NASA Tom........video showing silent emi using Deus 2
March 30, 2022 01:37PM
Very effective demonstration. Thanks

Chris
March 30, 2022 04:22PM
David........ best EVER!!!........ video demonstration of Silent EMI. Well done!
This video will indeed prompt serious hunters to carry a small coin with them in the field....... and test different EMI Noise Cancel channels. One QUIET channel may work a lot better than another QUIET Nose Cancel channel !!!
March 30, 2022 08:08PM
Also................for the record: The Deus-2 is not the only platform that does this.

What REALLY hurts is: ........Due to its UNSUSPECTING nature: Are you supposed to check every minute (or every second)....... if you are encountering Silent EMI????!!

EMI is deadly!!!
Silent EMI is even worse!!!!!!!

----
{{ I would rather HEAR the EMI...... so I'm armed with intel/knowledge. }}

((( TNSS...... on the Deus-2....... how much Iron was 'Notched' out??? )))
March 31, 2022 01:45AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also................for the record: The Deus-2 is
> not the only platform that does this.
>
> What REALLY hurts is: ........Due to its UNSUSP
> ECTING
nature: Are you supposed to check every
> minute (or every second)....... if you are encount
> ering Silent EMI????!!
>
> EMI is deadly!!!
> Silent EMI is even worse!!!!!!!
>
> ----
> {{ I would rather HEAR the EMI...... so I'm armed
> with intel/knowledge. }}
>
> ((( TNSS...... on the Deus-2....... how much Iron
> was 'Notched' out??? )))

Disc setting was factory default 6.8. This setting willl Handel smaller to average size nails.
March 31, 2022 02:12AM
I'm curious on two things.
IF the Disc was reduced quite a bit (off of 6.8)....... would the Silent EMI....THEN become audible?
And...... would the coin THEN be detected to greater distances?

No. You do NOT have to do another video!
As EMI both audible and silent becomes more prevalent I'm wondering if it's possible for a detector to have built in sensor to detect EMI along with a visible graph to show EMI to warn the user. If it could detect and warn you why couldn't the detector also automatically shift frequencies when needed on it's own to find a less affected frequency?
March 31, 2022 04:46PM
Question...

So, when the D1 was set to 7.9 kHz (I believe you said), and the D2 could not detect the dime (noise cancel channel 5), I am assuming the D2 was in multifrequency mode? (Question coming from a user not familiar with either the D1 or D2).

Clearly, there was "crosstalk" going on between the two detectors, and clearly the "crosstalk" was AUDIBLE on the D1, and not the D2. And clearly, the performance loss on the D2 was SHOCKINGLY SEVERE.

It makes me wonder two things...

1. I have heard talk about how much "better" the D2 "handles EMI." IF -- and that's a huge speculative IF -- the primary way the D2 "handles EMI better" than the D1 is to simply to silence the audible chatter that a user would otherwise hear, then I am not sure that is an "improvement." It MAY actually make things WORSE (as tnsharpshooter's video shows). In other words, if I was using the D1 and heard that chatter, I would immediately recognize that I had encountered some source of EMI, and my first thought would be "I need to noise cancel." Meanwhile, on the D2, I wouldn't even know I had encountered the EMI, and thus wouldn't know that I should be seeking to try to mitigate it...

2. I imagine that this would be an example of the MOST EXTREME type of EMI one would encounter? In other words, two devices, in close proximity, transmitting and receiving electromagnetic radiation of the EXACT SAME FREQUENCY. I would presume that other EMI -- which I think some have referred to as "broadband EMI," may not have quite the same degree of negative effect, in most cases?

Steve
JCR
March 31, 2022 06:09PM
How EMI could be "silent" and so debilitating to a SMF machine has always puzzled me. I'm glad TNSS made the video.

Chris
April 01, 2022 01:37AM
Longbow62: (((I'm/We're working on it. And also..... in tangential fashion.)))
April 01, 2022 02:14AM
Here's video showing silent emi using Equinox 800 unit.
Video starts at 26 sec Mark.

[m.youtube.com]
JCR
April 01, 2022 02:26AM
At least the Equinox gave you a slight indication by sounding garbled. Not anything you could depend on. Thanks for helping make us all more aware of how common this problem can be.

Chris
SHOCKING :O I keep thinking about how many great finds I have missed, definitely going to test my detectors on site with a coin before I start hunting. Great info tnsharpshooter