Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What detector would you buy today

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: What detector would you buy today
April 27, 2022 08:23PM
Abenson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think with an Equinox and a Deus 2 you'd be set
> up for most sites. If I could only have one I thin
> k I prefer the Equinox over the Deus 2 for the sit
> es I hunt.

+1 for my style of hunting. Primarily beach, followed by parks, old schools/buildings. Love them both, but recently, D2 just makes me smile more.
April 28, 2022 01:45AM
Equinox & the Deus 2
That is what I bought

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2022 01:46AM by u2robert.
April 28, 2022 01:32PM
I'm a fan of the Tejon and Lobo ST with GB adjusted neg with concentric coils.

The Legend is darn good. Might get a Deus 2 in the future. I'm waiting to see what Minelab has coming and maybe Fisher.

Detectors I have:
Nokta Legend w/ 2 coils
Equinox 800 w/ 11" coil
Xp Orx w/ 9" hf coil
Gold Kruzer w/ 3 coils
April 28, 2022 01:44PM
I dove back in head first.

I now have a Deus 2 and Tarsacci. I've only played around with them around my property and that's all I have had the chance to do. Tarsacci with 12 inch coil is very deep. Deus 2 with 11 inch coil did not initially impress me. It took some setting modifications and tweaks to get it rolling. In this dirt, it's no where as deep as the Tarsacci, but it does other things really well. I like it better than Deus 1 by far.
April 29, 2022 12:20AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I dove back in head first.
>
> I now have a Deus 2 and Tarsacci. I've only played
> around with them around my property and that's all
> I have had the chance to do. Tarsacci with 12 inc
> h coil is very deep. Deus 2 with 11 inch coil did
> not initially impress me. It took some setting mod
> ifications and tweaks to get it rolling. In this d
> irt, it's no where as deep as the Tarsacci, but it
> does other things really well. I like it better t
> han Deus 1 by far.

Daniel----What are the reason(s) you like the Deus 2 better than the Deus 1?
April 29, 2022 03:57AM
Deus 1 was a beep/dig machine to me. It was often and accurately said to just use the remote for setting adjustments and then put it away; you couldn't rely on it for ID purposes. It really only shined in places loaded with iron.

Deus 2 has changed that quite a bit. I don't know what they have done...whether it's the SMF or something else, but I have been impressed with the ID so far. The new audio is also nice. I would put it on par with the Equinox for depth, actually would say it's a little better once I figured out which program and settings to change, and definitely better in Iron. I've not done any of the updates yet.
April 29, 2022 01:25PM
I thought the Deus did not work good in that ole' hot ground you have Daniel?
April 29, 2022 04:45PM
I'm pretty much out of the hobby. The two best detectors I bonded with and liked the best are the Sovereign and Equinox both of which I still own. I'll be selling the Equinox and keeping the GT just in case I get an itch. But I just spent three days at the beach and the detector never got out of the carry bag.
April 29, 2022 05:08PM
goodmore, I might have an interest in buying your Equinox, if it's an 800...

Send me a PM if you like...

Steve
April 29, 2022 10:04PM
Harold - Deus 1 did not. Deus 2 is a multi frequency machine and does quite fair.
April 30, 2022 07:19PM
Waiting till late summer to see what Minelabs new Detector is going to be ( maybe a CTX 4040 ) smoking smiley
May 04, 2022 08:35PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> That's an easy one to answer!smiling smiley-----CTX--Etrac--Le
> gend--Deus 1 & F-19.-----MANY times that little F-
> 19 with Super Fly coil beats 'em all--it's an amaz
> ing combo.

Personally I think the F19/G2 platform is the best machines 1st Texas offers. I wish it was waterproof.
May 26, 2022 09:15AM
Did someone say “crappie fishing”!?

Your story and description of the fishing hobby/associated cost cracked me up Daniel :-D

I can definitely relate. I love me some spec (crappie) fishing but my weakness in their pursuit are fly rods/reels and brother lemme tell ya,,, you wanna talk cost?? It’s not that you can’t buy some cheap Chinese wannabe fly rod/reel combo at Walmart and catch just as many as the next guy but once you’re bitten by the fly fishing bug I swear us men have a weakness in our psyche that overrides practicality and we just go full blown Cuckoo for Coco Puffs in not only obtaining the most expensive equipment we can afford/find but also the quantity to pursue and practice our hobbies! Same as many of us do with the detecting hobby as a whole. Just my top 3 fly rod/reel combos for crappie fishing cost as much as a down payment on a new 4x4 and just like detectors, I use some that are old and some new as just because something is old doesn’t mean it can’t compete with todays top of the line! One of my favorite combos I use is a vintage handmade 1940s 7.5 ft. bamboo fly rod with a 1940s Martin automatic fly reel that together is unmatched in quality and the overall fish-ability experience. High quality Bamboo rods have a feel all their own that no other material offers and those old dudes back then knew how to make/build high quality reels that can’t be matched these days unless you spend BIG $$ - it was all made in the USA back then too.

Anyway,,, from one fellow detectorist/crappie fisherman to another, I hope you’re doing well Daniel and keep us updated on your thoughts/opinions of the D2

MRH
Wayne