Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

QUESTION FOR LEGEND USERS

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
QUESTION FOR LEGEND USERS
April 11, 2022 07:20AM
Hello all...
THIS QUESTION IS DIRECTED TO LEGEND USERS ONLY:

As we are working on the next update, please list the items you would like to be added / changed in the Legend (NO NEED TO MENTION IRON BIAS AS THAT IS ALREADY PART OF THE LIST). You can also list any accessory requests.

Once we gather this information, we will focus on those that are requested by the majority of users (not limited to this forum) and will try our best to give them to our valued users.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION!

Dilek
JCR
Re: QUESTION FOR LEGEND USERS
April 11, 2022 01:20PM
Please correct the Threshold levels as heard thru the supplied Bluetooth HPs. Even on V1.06 the sound goes immediately from broken, to loud & steady, no soft background hum in-between.

Please add a VCO option for the various Tone number choices. At least for 2 tones.

Please consider adding a Mineralization meter, at least available while in Ground Balance function.

Mid size (7-8") Concentric coil.
A LG 24 coil.

I am very pleased with The Legend so far.

Chris
April 11, 2022 01:50PM
Hello Dilek!

I have used the legend four about 8 hours and here are some of the things I feel need to be addressed:

Take a closer look at the VDI. The VDI has a tendency to down average targets to the point that in certain conditions, silver dime can ID as iron(Around a 7) when close to an iron target(See IFFYs video). I am sure that is not the only scenario where this can occur(I haven't been able to test due to a terrible weather streak we are experiencing over the past month). I believe the calculations that are being made to determine the VDI in these scenarios need to be looked at first before any "Iron bias" adjustments are put in place(This may even solve the need for iron bias entirely as from what I can tell, the recovery speed works well, it is just down averaging the higher conductor due to the proximity to a lower target(Whether it be ferrous or non)-This down averaging is normal on any machine, I have seen it on the CThot smileyBut not at such a low VDI number)

VDI numbers are wildly different in almost every frequency be it 4khz,10khz,multi 1. This may be fixed again with the VDI calculations.

Just a side note: I hope going forward, all the coil ears are more toward the center of the coil and not at the back of the coil. I plan on getting the elliptical coil that is coming out(5x9 I think).

I plan on getting out today if I see anything else i will post here.

Thank you.

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
AEK
April 11, 2022 08:29PM
All of the above.
April 12, 2022 12:37AM
All of the above. Also zinc pennies come in at 42-44 on mine and dimes are 42-44. Copper pennies are coming in at 35-38 most and a few in the upper 50's to 60-1. Never had any other detector ever have a copper penny cause wrap around. Some other targets are not coming in a consistent range either. Makes it very difficult to use when targets are not coming in where they should .
AEK
April 12, 2022 01:28AM
basstrackerman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All of the above. Also zinc pennies come in at 4
> 2-44 on mine and dimes are 42-44. Copper pennies a
> re coming in at 35-38 most and a few in the upper
> 50's to 60-1. Never had any other detector ever h
> ave a copper penny cause wrap around. Some other t
> argets are not coming in a consistent range either
> . Makes it very difficult to use when targets are
> not coming in where they should .

Holy Moley!
JCR
April 12, 2022 01:15PM
I spent a lot of time making a chart of my typical targets in the various frequencies. My machine was quite consistent. MW was off about 1 point on some targets. No wide spans. This was out of the box, running V1.04. They don't seem to have changed with any update. basstrackerman may have a weird bug?

Chris
April 12, 2022 05:10PM
A good portion of the EMI I am experiencing comes from the 4khz in the Multi -1 Freq or 4kh by itself. (IDK if it is in Multi-2)

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
April 13, 2022 05:24PM
I would like deep targets a little louder or a setting where it can be adjusted to how loud deep targets are.

I have some hearing loss and deep target are a whisper. I hear the whisper but a little louder would be nice.
April 13, 2022 05:49PM
A bolder line around the selected picture would help showing where you are in the settings.
wjs
April 13, 2022 11:12PM
Have the active menu box highlighted or something so you can easily tell what menu choice is highlighted.

Fix the ID so zinc pennies, copper coins and dimes and quarters dont all basically have the same ID.

Dont know why big lead bullets hit at number 33 which is where most pull tabs hit. All my other detectors the big lead bullets hit in the zinc zone.

ID numbers are not normalized across all programs and frequencies.

Make a way to reset detector back to factory defaults without having to reset each user profile.

It would be nice to have a concentric coil or some sort of bottlecap reject settings to help ID steel bottlecaps.

On a good note the detector kills the nickels. Dont change anything about that....;o)
April 14, 2022 11:17AM
Have discrimination settings stay the same when switching programs.

Factory reset function

Normalize IDs

A pinpointer that Bluetooths with the headphones.

A good coil selection would really be a huge selling point to users.

I have one of all the current top end detectors and you've done an excellent job producing a fun and competitive machine.
April 14, 2022 03:29PM
Make the battery gauge so you can see it.
JCR
April 16, 2022 03:38AM
Backlight It would be good for the backlight to stay on the entire time while performing an automatic Ground Balance. Also, it would be helpful when powering off the detector if the backlight stayed on until it shuts down. Currently the backlight just has a set time for any button push.

Chris
wjs
April 16, 2022 12:02PM
Make the backlight come on when you enter the menus. Then have it return to whatever it was set to before menu button was pressed.
JCR
April 17, 2022 07:31PM
Ground Tracking, The ground tracking feature seems to work very well. However if you change modes, then return to the original mode the tracking will be turned off & must be re activated. Please enable the tracking to keep each mode's setting until the unit is powered off. Have all tracking inactive at Powering On the unit. The retaining of the GB number is great though.

Chris
JCR
November 17, 2022 04:02PM
After running The Legend now 120+ hours with very good success, I have an additional suggestion for improvement.
Add a second C Disc in each mode. This would be most convenient to have an effective way to access a different Notch pattern. For instance, a User could have C1 set up for Silver/High conductors and a C2 set up for Jewelry/Mid conductors. Or for a reverse discrimination pattern to double check targets.
The more I think about this, the handier I think it would be.
In reading over this Thread before posting this, I notice that most of the suggestions made were very practical. Nokta has implemented almost all of the solid ones or has indicated they are going to. This is almost unheard of cooperation, and shows the quality/commitment of Nokta AND the membership of this forum.
I am looking forward to the LG 24 coil. Please give us a LG 18C & LG 23C also!

Chris
November 18, 2022 02:29PM
Stereo mixed mode...
JCR
November 18, 2022 03:08PM
Stereo Mixed Mode would be an excellent feature on any detector, but you need a true All Metal mode capability, not just a no/open Disc pattern. This capability is not so common on newer machines, including the Legend. The Anfibio has both Motion AND Non Motion All Metal modes but I have never been able to get them to perform to the same high level as the other modes based on Motion Disc. The TID depth & SAT don't work as they should. That is a shame on an otherwise excellent single frequency detector. I wish Nokta would address this shortcoming. It could be done with an update to that platform. Stereo Mixed Mode is a major improvement that the Tarsacci should have had also.

Chris
November 18, 2022 04:14PM
What if.
What if there is a mode/means/methodology that is one generation BEYOND stereo mixed Mode?

Yes. I must say: Nokta/Makro have listened to their customers the most. And have implemented.....accordingly. They have the BIGGEST 'ears'!