Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus 2 and nails help me please!

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus 2 and nails help me please!
April 17, 2022 10:06PM
Went for a hunt at a old park. Lots of trash and nails. Tried several different programs. 3 tones, 5 tones, multi. Listened for high tone targets that came in in the 80’s and 90’s. Every deep high tone target I dug ended up being a nail or rusty bolt. Alll targets came in as a non Farris target. Wasn’t even showing a Farris target on the U meter. Targets sound good. What am I doing wrong?
Re: Deus 2 and nails help me please!
April 17, 2022 11:15PM
Have you updated? You now can use the bottle cap reject and silencer to help you with nails ..

.you need to update and raise your silencer to 3 and try 2 or 3 on the bottle cap reject...Let me know..

I CAN ONLY POST HERE AT WORK SO IT will BE AFTER friday before I am back
April 18, 2022 12:56AM
Calabash I took one of the nails and laid it on the ground. It came in in the 90’s. I raised the bottle cap to 3,4,5 still hit the iron nail. Raised the silencer 3,4,5,6 and at 6 the nail started to brake up but, still hitting it. I tried different programs using, multi tone, 3,5 tones. Same problem. Why would the nail come up as a non Farris? Wasn’t showing Farris on the U meter or making iron grunt. I never dug so much iron. Targets sounding good in the 90-93-95 range. And yes I did the new update yesterday.
April 18, 2022 01:56AM
Which program were you using, and what was the discrimination level set at?
April 18, 2022 09:46AM
Sounds like a faulty unit, McCrory.

Take off your coil cover look the coil over. Is the coil charged? The clip has to be in contact correctly and the led will stay on when it connects. Look at the symbols for the coil and remote, make sure they have a full charge. I don't know, I'm taking off the wall guesses here.. . .feel bad for you, bummer.
April 18, 2022 02:47PM
I've been digging some deep bolts and big iron chunks with mine. But nothing like you're describing. They are basically iffy signals in my high mineral dirt, not flat out sounding good. Sounds like something is up with your unit.
April 18, 2022 03:45PM
In the new software 0.7, the silencer works similarly to the iron bias setting of the Equinox ... ,, at low values of the silencer 1-2 ... some iron can give a signal to the color .. Try setting the silencer to the value 3 ...

My colleague Mike ... tested it and verified it on his Test Field ..

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2022 03:54PM by EL NINO.
April 18, 2022 07:28PM
I tried general and park mode. I even tried fast hoping to pull some goodies from amongst the iron. I would get a nice sounding hi tone beside iron. I would check the Ferris and non Ferris meter and it showed non Ferris. I moved the iron bias up to 3,4,5 and the silencer up to 3,4,5,6. It wasn’t until 6 it started to break up. I can’t understand stand why it wasn’t showing Ferris on my meter. It has got me frustrated. When I used update 6 I could here the iron and pick out the non Ferris targets no problem. The Ferris gauge would show there was iron in the hole. Just can figure this out.
April 18, 2022 11:44PM
That is strange. Maybe try updating again. Might have to contact XP if that doesn't work.
April 20, 2022 02:30AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you updated? You now can use the bottle cap r
> eject and silencer to help you with nails ..
>
> .you need to update and raise your silencer to 3 a
> nd try 2 or 3 on the bottle cap reject...Let me kn
> ow..
>
> I CAN ONLY POST HERE AT WORK SO IT will BE AFTER f
> riday before I am back

go easy on the product cali! remember, ya need to sell some too!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 20, 2022 07:49AM
use the xy screen to get an idea of iron