Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LEGEND UPDATE!

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
LEGEND UPDATE!
June 27, 2022 08:45AM
Dear Valued Members,

Soon to be released 1.08 update will include the following:

1. Iron Filter (Iron Bias) and Stability settings have been added.
When the device is working in Multi frequency, select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button.

Iron Filter (IF) setting ranges between 1-8 and the default value is 8. DEFAULT VALUE 8 IS THE SAME AS THE CURRENT LEGEND WITH NO IRON FILTER SETTING.
Lower IF setting will increase the chances of ferrous targets to be classified as non-ferrous targets and vice versa.
St setting is the fine tuning for the IF setting.
When the IF is set to 8, the St setting will be inactive in the Park, Field and Gold Field modes.
When the IF is set to any value below 8, the St setting can be activated by pressing the right or left button and can be adjusted by using the + and - buttons.
NOTE: THE st SETTING IN THE BEACH MODE IS DIFFERENT THAN THIS NEW st SETTING!

2. Multi 3 (M3) has been added to PARK and FIELD modes.
Ideal for humid, wet and/or conductive soils.
It eliminates the moisture in the soils which can cause falses. It also weakens the response of targets generating 10-11 IDs such as coke and aluminum foil.

3. The selected setting in the settings menu will now blink for easier viewing.

4. Mute function has been added.
On the main screen, press and hold the Frequency button to mute the device.
Letters "AO" (Audio Off) will appear on the right side. You can unmute by pressing and holding the Frequency button.
Even if muted, the device will revert back to unmute in the custom discrimination pattern (notch), ground balance and settings menus automatically.

5. Auto sensitivity drop in the custom discrimination pattern
When you select the custom discrimination pattern (notch), the sensitivity drops down to 5 automatically. However, if you are using the automatic notch, you may not want the sensitivity to be lowered. In this case, press the Ground Balance button once to revert back to the current sensitivity. Letters "CS" (current sensitivity) will be displayed on the right side.

6. Hearing the audio through the speaker and the Bluetooth headphones at the same time
When the Bluetooth setting is selected, if the Bluetooth HPs are paired, press the up button and select 2.

7. Reverting Back to Factory Defaults
After selecting the user profile in the settings menu, press and hold the pinpoint button until letters Fd appear on screen. Fd will disappear after 2 seconds.

8. Audio Gain setting has been added.
In the PARK, FIELD and BEACH modes, after selecting the volume, press the pinpoint button. Letters AG will appear on the right side. You can adjust the AG using the + and – buttons between 1-6. The default value is set to 3.

9. VCO Tone Pitch has been added
In Tone Pitch, as the coil approaches the target, the audio frequency will change in proportion to the signal strength. It can be selected from the number of tones setting and is shown with a P.

10. Discrimination Pattern is now saved.
Default discrimination pattern for PARK, FIELD, and BEACH has been defined as “F (Ferro-off)” and as “G (Ground-off)” in the Gold Field Mode.

11. Mineralization Indicator
In the ground balance menu, press the discrimination button to activate the mineralization indicator. Letter GI (Ground Indicator) will appear on the right side. When you press the discrimination button again, it will revert back to Ferro Check and FC will appear.

12. The default threshold frequency level in Park, Field and Beach modes have been changed to 10.

13. Threshold parameters have been updated in the Park, Field and Beach modes.

14. Audio during ground balancing has been updated.

[www.facebook.com]

[www.youtube.com]
JCR
Re: LEGEND UPDATE!
June 27, 2022 01:53PM
Thank you for being so responsive to user suggestions to improve your products. This willingness added to the in field performance & overall quality of NM shows all what World class level is. Now about those Concentric coils for The Legend...? A LG18C & LG23C would put The Legend in a class by itself as far as versatility & capability. The in field performance is already there.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2022 02:16PM by JCR.
June 27, 2022 05:59PM
Is the user manual going to be updated online to reflect these changes?
June 28, 2022 12:58AM
Soky72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the user manual going to be updated online to reflect these changes?

Dilek said it would be updated after the release, but it could take a couple of weeks as their priority at the moment is getting the release vetted out for public consumption.
JCR
June 28, 2022 02:06AM
She also said an instruction sheet would be available with the Update download covering the changes & setting adjustments.

Chris
JCR
June 29, 2022 03:03AM
I'm wondering if the new, adjustable Iron filter & related Stability settings will effect the FerroCheck response. I am also looking forward to being able to utilize the Threshold control while using the Bluetooth HPs to see if it makes a difference in deep target response.

Chris
June 30, 2022 09:09PM
This is the reason why I have become a user of Nokta/Makro metal detectors. They take care of their customers wants and needs at a fraction of the cost. By the way the Legend is a Beast!
JCR
July 05, 2022 06:13PM
The V1.08 update is now available on the NM website.

Chris
July 05, 2022 08:51PM
Update version 1.08 seems is released.
Close but no cigar.
Problem already spotted.
See video.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2022 02:37AM by tnsharpshooter.
JCR
July 05, 2022 09:46PM
They will get the Goldfield nickel TID and any other bugs corrected pretty quick I bet. I'm amazed anyone can make what must be a very complex undertaking with so few hiccups. I plan on downloading the V1.08 for mine this evening after work. I have several Iron sites to revisit.

Chris
July 06, 2022 02:36AM
This what’s is shown in video link above (version 1.08) I posted has in fact been seen by at least one other Legend owner.
Bill Em posted the following in comments sections on video I posted above.

Reads as follows:
DirtFishing's 1.08 nickel reading VDI 22-23 bug:
-short read: Just do a factory default
-Long read:
I have the same bug however it was easily corrected.
I re-installed 1.08 which did not correct it.
I then applied a factory default by holding the pinpoint button down while in the custom menu(Just like their promo vid show)
That fixed all the issues I was having(Listed below)
-Nickel VDI reading 22-23
-No tone on nickels or zinc pennies in field mode
My theory of why that bug may have happened was because both DirtFishing and I had custom programs saved.
Again applying a factory default solved the issue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2022 02:38AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 07, 2022 01:39AM
Ran across this.
Seems version 1.08 may be causing US nickels to read high (60) ID wise.
Here's video with Legend owner using.
[m.youtube.com]
July 07, 2022 05:53AM
Hi there.

No, it is not!

He has not reverted back to the factory defaults as per the instructions. That is all.... he did confirm that as well!
July 07, 2022 06:13AM
Hi there.

No, it is not!

He has not reverted back to the factory defaults as per the instructions. That is all.... he did confirm that as well!
JCR
July 07, 2022 01:31PM
I have installed the V1.08 update & Factory reset my Legend. Everything seems to work fine. When using the Bluetooth HPs the threshold tone in Park, Field & Beach still lacks the gradual volume increase I feel it needs. At 11 the TH tone is silent, at 12 it is suddenly On. Not loud but not very quiet.
The Threshold adjustment in Goldfield works very well with a gradual increase in volume.

Is this what other users are experiencing?

Chris
July 07, 2022 02:40PM
Hello Chris... no that is a separate thing.

We will either give that separately or with the next update...should not take too long.

That update is actually not related to our firmware but the chip manufacturer's. We got the code from them and the engineers are working on it.
JCR
July 07, 2022 03:38PM
Very good & Thank you. NM is certainly showing what World Class looks like.

Chris
July 12, 2022 01:25PM
Here's video I did using my Legend detector comparing V1.05 to V1.08.
The 2 versions behave differently here in video.
Suspect flaw with V1.08
[m.youtube.com]
July 12, 2022 04:21PM
Alright V1.09 iS released.
Here's video I did showing V1.09 doing same test I did with V1.05 and V1.08.
Seems V1.09' in fact did correct flaw with V1.08
Enjoy.
[m.youtube.com]
July 12, 2022 04:24PM
Nokta Makro listens to their customers like no other.

XP and Minelab should be taking lessons.
September 07, 2022 03:03AM
here is my wish list, purely aesthetic - Would be great if at the press of a button the screen could be made into just a large VDI display, plus maybe a depth graph. and the icon of the current mode in use. A minimalist screen without the clutter of 90% of whats on there not being relevant.
September 07, 2022 08:01AM
Not possible! LCD is dedicated with ready graphics.