Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Legend version 1.09 review

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Legend version 1.09 review
July 16, 2022 05:16PM
I think that this version for the Legend is perfect for me and my style of hunting. This Legend is a beast on coins. I took it out to a site for 3 hours and found 6 bucks in quarters 11 dimes and 12 nickels and a bunch of pennies. The ID's on all of the coins I found were locked on and very very accurate. I knew what I was digging before I dug it my confidence is at a all time high using the Legend now. Nokta/Makro has created one of the best detectors I've ever used and the Legend is it. The CZ was my best nickel detector but I think the Legend has beat it. The only thing that I wish for the Legend is for a elliptical DD coil. And I will be content with it as my one and only detector.
Re: Legend version 1.09 review
July 16, 2022 06:17PM
Morgan---I sent you a p.m.------Del
July 16, 2022 11:46PM
WOW Great review, I got one coming to me this week that has been updated to version 1.09, after reading this review I am glad I pulled the trigger. I am mainly a coin hunter in the parks so it sounds like it is right up my alley. smiling smiley
July 17, 2022 01:15AM
Thank for the report thumbs down

The 1.08/1.09 update's look like a winner! In a few weeks I'll be making an annual journey to a back pocket western frontier site that's been good to me, but it had all but dried up until I took the Equinox there. Now it's slowed down again, so I'll see how the Legend does there. The Legend may be the new cleanup machine, as it's doing really well in iron infested sites.
July 17, 2022 01:25AM
Coinspader I look forward to seeing some videos of you using it. Cal Cobra it has surprisingly been pulling coins for me in hammered spots that had stopped producing on the Nox with 11" and 6" coils attached. It's a sweet machine. Surprisingly I talked to Keith Southern the other day about it and he hasn't tried one yet but I think I got his attention to looking at them closer. He'll probably have one before long I believe. I may try and get with him and let him take mine for a spin. It's been eye opening for me to say the least. The six inch coil is a great coil in really thick iron.
July 17, 2022 01:40AM
I need the light 5x9.5 elliptical coil. That would be perfect for me too.

Nokta/Makro did good with the Legend.
JCR
July 17, 2022 02:48AM
I agree about The Legend. It is earning it's name the old fashioned way. With performance.

Chris
July 21, 2022 06:39PM
Are you hunting in full tones? I try to force myself to use full tones (like I did on the Equinox and I think it paid off), but I see most are using the 2-6 tone options for relic hunting around iron. In a couple of weeks I'll get the chance to get to one of our remote western frontier/Spanish outpost sites that came back to life with the Equinox. It started to slow down on the last trip there, but I know there's more, there always is. This will be a great site to put the Legend to work at. The Legend may end up being a great clean-up machine.
July 22, 2022 12:08AM
The Legend has a great audio ..I like 60 tones and have been testing pitch.
July 23, 2022 03:32PM
Calabash I am going to try and start using the pitch some once relic season gets here. But the 60 tones is sweet to the ears especially when you swing over silver.
July 23, 2022 03:54PM
Yes it is and I think that will be my go to audio on the Legend.
cjc
July 25, 2022 07:33PM
I would love to see a run down on the Legend from Keith--his opinion is always fair and accurate.
cjc
July 25, 2022 10:52PM
Yes it is!----He's a guy you can take it to the bank what he says. TU--------cjc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would love to see a run down on the Legend from
> Keith--his opinion is always fair and accurate.
> cjc