Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Managed a Confederate cast I button last month

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Managed a Confederate cast I button last month
August 18, 2022 01:22AM
Dug this solid cast Infantry button last month not far from house.I had hunted the old house site years ago and found some coins but no Civil War relics.cleaned on the site pretty good hoping for Civil War since it had seated money in the site...Anyhow they cut a swath through there for logging and I checked it out and dug the button.That's it!! Must of hunted it harder than I thought smiling smiley

IMG_20220711_185602381_HDR by

IMG_20220713_121628663_HDR~2 by

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Managed a Confederate cast I button last month
August 18, 2022 02:29AM
Nice button find Keith!

Looking forward to viewing future finds of yours, thanks very much for sharing! She's a beauty!

Congratulations!

Paul (Ca)
August 18, 2022 02:30AM
Nice I button find Keith!

Looking forward to viewing future finds of yours, thanks very much for sharing! She's a beauty!

Congratulations!

Paul (Ca)
August 18, 2022 02:44AM
Very Nice!!
August 18, 2022 08:43AM
Sweet button! What machine you using?
August 18, 2022 09:59AM
There you are Keith! Hope all is well! Nice find but better to have you back.
August 18, 2022 11:52AM
If that button could talk.Great find.
August 18, 2022 03:57PM
Nice history save! Just don't find stuff like that out west, honestly I don't know of anyone out here that's found a Confederate button, but plenty of Yankee buttons to be had if you know where to look smoking smiley
August 18, 2022 04:42PM
Hey Harold I was using the F19 with 5x10 coil that day.It was only couple inches deep in the flipped dirt from the logging.Anything would of dug it clean signal.

Thanks

Hey Cal! Man their ought to be Reb buttons out west lots of Southerners went west after the war.Seems some of those old house sites would give up some.Heck they get dug even in the Caribbean where some moved out of the U.S. .

Thanks everybody.

Alway's fun to dig Confederate of any type.The Cast I is the most common Reb button in this area.Late war and the quality two pieces were harder and harder to get so Atlanta Arsenal started making the crude solid Cast buttons and right before the Atlanta Campaign started they sent box loads of them to Dalton Ga to re-outfit the solidiers.Tons got lost cause of the shank's not being smoothed and rough edges cutting the thread plus heavy also.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2022 04:51PM by Keith Southern.
August 18, 2022 04:58PM
Hi Keith, I agree there should be some rebel relics out here, there were lots of Southerners that settled out here, and during the Civil War the Union Troops had all kinds of blockades and patrols to keep the Southern loyalists under control. So I don't know, maybe Tom_CA knows of some, but I haven't. I've seen plenty of other rare buttons dug out here, just no Confederate ones that I've seen.
August 18, 2022 10:48PM
Congratulations on the beautiful cast I Keith!!!
August 22, 2022 03:36AM
Nice score! F19 arguably the best button sniffer ever made with the 5x10 mounted grinning smiley
August 22, 2022 10:10PM
Thanks Morgan and Wayne!!

I tried for years to get a boost mode on the F19 to no avail.They have a very good relic hunter but wont push it further?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 23, 2022 12:33PM
It is a shame they could not have done that to the new Time Ranger which from what I hear is same as F19. It still cool for us old guys though to see the Time Ranger name brought back anyway for Nostalgic reasons.