Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Steve's Detector Rods Deus 2 Shaft Project

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Steve's Detector Rods Deus 2 Shaft Project
August 31, 2022 03:16AM
I guess Steve if it was me I would probably just make them one way with the entry and exit points and could you then install rubber plugs/ grommets in the pre existing holes you already drilled? Grommets for guys that are running the antenna and plugs for non water users.
August 31, 2022 05:51AM
Steve --

Received your email, and replied...

THANK YOU!

Steve
September 09, 2022 02:19PM
A few pics from one of the shaft field testers...

Thanks!

Steve

September 10, 2022 12:54AM
Beautiful!

-Jason J
September 10, 2022 02:45AM
Thanks Jason!

Steve
September 10, 2022 01:12PM
From the pic its hard for me to tell if that's a "normal" position for the cuff. Looks like a lot of pole is hanging and might be in the way.
September 10, 2022 03:04PM
ShovelNose --

A few things...first, the cuff is fully adjustable. It requires no holes in the shaft, so can easily be slid to any desired position. Meanwhile, I did make that portion of the shaft "longer" than the stock Deus shaft, as I feel the Deus shaft's length (from handle to cuff) is too short for many, even when the cuff is positioned as far rearward as possible. The shaft -- as pictured -- allows a similar range of adjustment lengths for the "handle to cuff" distance, as is achievable on an Equinox shaft. In other words, I wanted to allow that shaft section to be long enough, such that positioning the cuff near the butt end of the shaft, would be roughly the same distance as is the distance from the Equinox handle to the "rear-most cuff adjustment hole" position on the Equinox shaft. Does that make sense, what I'm trying to say there? Meanwhile, the field tester who took this picture is not a tall guy, and so he places the cuff farther forward than many would want to, thus making that shaft section appear to be particularly long.

With all that said, I can make that portion of the shaft shorter, for any customer who doesn't need as much "handle to arm cuff" length. That's easy to do, and I'm happy to customize, as always.

Thoughts?

Steve
September 10, 2022 05:19PM
Steve----Is the outside dimensions of the "pistol grip" the same as factory?----Does it/can it get slippery to hang onto?------Thanks-------Del
September 10, 2022 08:36PM
Del,

It is very similar to the grip on the Deus, though I made it a bit "taller," to hopefully accommodate folks with larger hands. But I think most will find the feel very similar to the Deus. As far as slip, I don't find carbon-fiber to be particularly slippery, but at the same time, I almost always were gloves with rubber palms, when detecting. My thought was, if anyone wanted to, they could always put whatever their favorite "grip tape" is, on the handle...

Thoughts?

Steve
September 10, 2022 08:55PM
That's what I was thinking to Steve.---If a person thought it was slippery a quality grip tape could be applied.----That's a really nice looking set up--you do great work.---Del-----steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Del,
>
> It is very similar to the grip on the Deus, though
> I made it a bit "taller," to hopefully accommodate
> folks with larger hands. But I think most will fi
> nd the feel very similar to the Deus. As far as s
> lip, I don't find carbon-fiber to be particularly
> slippery, but at the same time, I almost always we
> re gloves with rubber palms, when detecting. My t
> hought was, if anyone wanted to, they could always
> put whatever their favorite "grip tape" is, on the