Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Manticore announced

Posted by Garyuk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Manticore announced
August 25, 2022 03:52PM
Re: Minelab Manticore announced
August 25, 2022 04:31PM
RUT ROH.........Well just a few comments. As a Water Hunter, I DO NOT like all the coil cross supports. I am guessing field hunters will not like it either. I am also rather surprised they are going with a hand grip pod after all the problems with beach hunters ripping out the mounting screws.
August 25, 2022 06:35PM
Interesting!

Wonder what its replacing?Equinox or 3030?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 25, 2022 07:18PM
A Manticore has the head of a man, body of a lion, and the tail of a scorpion.

My bet is they chose this name because the detector blends 3 technologies.

Multi IQ, FBS, and another tech.  Maybe BBS.
August 25, 2022 08:41PM
I like that it says lighting speed.

Multi IQ+ not sure what the plus is

Deep
Fast
Accurate

Seems to be the the 3 components of the Manticore.I guess that builds the perfect Beast?

Looks like there's some adjustable bins on bottom of screen maybe for Co/Fe like 3030 has

IMG_20220825_163132911_HDR by

IMG_20220825_163148607_HDR by

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 25, 2022 08:58PM
Looks slick, i need a new detector!
Good to see you back Keith.
August 25, 2022 09:54PM
Nice. Looking forward to more info...

Steve
August 25, 2022 11:03PM
It does look interesting. I don't like coils with all the braces in it either. Why the extra braces circling around it. I'm not a fan of 11" coils. An 8" or 9" round coil would be perfect for me.
Hope it's light, has great depth and more separation.
August 26, 2022 02:17AM
I wonder if its going to obsolete the Nox ??
August 26, 2022 02:39AM
You will NEVER break ears on THIS coil. (There are NO coil-ears).
August 26, 2022 10:50AM
Wonder if the lower screen relates to the new technologies mentioned in the patent application from a couple years ago? Also, could this unit employ the magnetic field technology which Minelab patented? I’m looking forward to the big reveal.
August 26, 2022 11:20AM
No coil ears..... wow how does that work? I noticed they finally caught up and are using quality locks..... hopefully Steve had something to do with the shaft lol. I also hope they did away with that aluminum upper witch blisters in salt water. Is there a cap on the end of that shaft? A single battery like on the MDT would sure be nice. Very cost effect to replace the battery at about $5. Did they add a salt blance??? Ive intentionally not purchased either the Legend or the Deus knowing this machine was coming. I suspect this is the Flagship Tom has talked about..... and i also assume its has a good price tag... hopefully not as pricy as the CTX or ill have to wait and see where the advantages are. Im starting to see a few Hookahs now...... 30' waterproof would be good. I noticed a couple symbles in the upper left that im not sure what they are. If the XY screen is like the CTX.... there goes them pesty bottle caps....
August 27, 2022 12:51PM
Neil Jones says it's a replacement for the Etrac, so I'm guessing it's aimed above the Nox?
He's trying it out at a rally this weekend and will report back on it.
August 27, 2022 02:33PM
I cant wait to see what it will do..
August 27, 2022 05:13PM
I hope it is ready to release without a bunch of glitches and bugs to work out and reprogram. I hope it will be well tested before it is sold to the public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2022 05:14PM by coinspader.
August 27, 2022 06:49PM
Well the anticipated release video was a load of tension building rubbish that told us nothing except more power and 2D target information.
August 27, 2022 07:26PM
I hope it’s ok to post this link. Interesting at the end about the price.

[youtu.be]
August 27, 2022 10:37PM
August 27, 2022 11:09PM
MANTICORE High Power Metal Detector

LATEST DETAILS JUST RELEASED

Our most powerful detector yet, Manticore finds targets faster, more clearly, and in even the most challenging environments. With impressive capabilities and technologies, nothing will go undetected. More effective than even the most high-end models in the market, Manticore brings power, precision and accuracy to detecting in a way that wasn’t previously possible.

MULTI IQ+: Minelab’s revolutionary technology has 50% more power than traditional models and is the highest-powered simultaneous multi-frequency machine on the market.

FAST RESPONSE: Identify your targets quickly and confidently to efficiently sort between trash and treasure with exceptional target separation performance.

POWERFUL 2D ID MAP: Identify your targets with greater visual and audible target insights.

ENHANCED DISCRIMINATION: Exceptionally accurate target ID allows you to accept or reject finds quickly and confidently.

WIRELESS AUDIO: Clearly detect with audio controls set specifically for you in order to identify targets confidently, reduce noise and identify trash.

ULTIMATE SEARCH MODES: Over 10+ preset search modes allow you to set the stage for success, with the ability to customize up to 10 unique modes tailored to your specific needs.

UNRIVALLED CONSTRUCTION & WATERPROOF: Powerful yet lightweight, Manticore weighs only 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs.) and includes a three-piece, compact Carbon-Fibre shaft system. Waterproof up to 16 ft (5 m).

INTUITIVE CONTROL: The large LCD panel allows for easy viewing and clear navigation control.

BOOSTED EMI IMMUNITY: In challenging environments, improved EMI rejection uses higher sensitivity to isolate targets.

CHOICE OF COILS: Comes with the M11 (11" Round Double-D coil) and choose
from M8 (8"x5.5" Elliptical Double-D) and M15 (15"x12" Elliptical Double-D) coils.

LIGHTING & VIBRATION: Detect even when the sun goes down with features such as Control Box Flashlight, Display Backlight with Auto Adjust, Backlit Keypad and Handgrip Vibration.

CLEAR AUDIO: Built in external speaker allows for crystal-clear audio and comes with Low Latency Wireless Headphones.

BUILT TO LAST: A three-year warranty with software upgrade capability allows detection far into the future.
August 27, 2022 11:17PM
Looks like a Equinox on Steroids with CTX 3030 features …….Looks like there calling this new Technology (High Power) Simultaneous Multi- Frequency …..All Carbon Shaft…. Looks good
August 27, 2022 11:28PM
Minelab sure doesn't let dust settle on their shoulders. They are always on the move. Exciting times.
August 27, 2022 11:52PM
Thanks Dino. That is Mark Lawrie..... ML Engineering Manager in the video.
August 28, 2022 12:48AM
Hey Tom was talking with a friend and he said he read or heard this was part of a series of detectors. Is that the case? Thanks Mike
August 28, 2022 01:26AM
Mike. No. .... It is a stand-alone detector.
August 28, 2022 02:17AM
Maybe I missed it but did they say anything about water resistance or waterproofing to X depth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 02:18AM by Champ Ferguson.
August 28, 2022 02:19AM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe I missed it but did they say anything about
> water resistance or waterproofing to X depth?

"Waterproof up to 16 ft (5 m). "
August 28, 2022 06:38AM
Better video now. Shows target trace better.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 06:39AM by Dino- UK.
August 28, 2022 07:00AM
That target trace looks VERY interesting...

And the tones sound decidedly "Equinox," which may help current EQX users learn the machine more quickly...

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 07:02AM by steveg.
August 28, 2022 01:06PM
Hey Tom I and many others like the cable that ran inside instead of outside. That was an awesome feature on the 3030. Any reason they didn't carry that design forward to there newer machines?

Mike
August 28, 2022 03:28PM
Interesting detector, exciting times for development. Tom, are we to assume that you have intellectual property in this one, or can you confirm that? If so, I see an interesting thread developing soon.