Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Manticore announced

Posted by Garyuk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Minelab Manticore announced
August 28, 2022 06:32PM
Tom,

Just curious, did you contribute to any of the development of the Manticore? Any idea if existing Equinox headphones will work with the Manticore?
August 28, 2022 07:48PM
Kind of a crappy video actually, but there's some takeaways from it.

Thank god the audio is Equinox like, someone on another forum suggested it was similar to the F75 which would honestly in itself be a deal breaker for me.
August 29, 2022 12:19AM
I'm actually pretty excited about the Manticore myself.

Minelab knows how to handle the soil, if they have sped it up some for iron rich sites it may be a real step forward for Minelab.

For depth in my soil I have found P.I. is a overkill for what you have to put up with in terms of no DISC my soil is bad but its not to the point id have to rely on a P.I. thanks goodness.Yet Minelab has always punched my soil great and above its weight but gets less use in iron laden sites..If they can do both now well WOW!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 29, 2022 01:51AM
Gary...... We've been working on the Manticore for nearly 3 years. A TON has gone into this one. And with different 'mindset'. I will share more data.....as time permits...... AND = when it will NOT infringe upon sales of other stuff.,.,.,.,., and/or C.O.I.

Something I want to clarify.... that Mark Lawrie stated in the YouTube video: The ID system is on a scale of 99 points. So is the scale of iron ID range! -99 to 0. (Negative 99 to 0). (((Salt ID's as '0'))). This is to say: Nearly a 200-point ID span.

There were 2 VERY primary 'focus-of-intent' into this project.

There's a few more loose-ends to button up.
August 29, 2022 02:15AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gary...... We've been working on the Manticore for
> nearly 3 years. A TON has gone into this one. And
> with different 'mindset'. I will share more data..
> ...as time permits...... AND = when it will NOT in
> fringe upon sales of other stuff.,.,.,.,., and/or
> C.O.I.
>
> Something I want to clarify.... that Mark Lawrie s
> tated in the YouTube video: The ID system is on a
> scale of 99 points. So is the scale of iron ID ran
> ge! -99 to 0. (Negative 99 to 0). (((Salt ID's as
> '0'))). This is to say: Nearly a 200-point ID span
> .
>
> There were 2 VERY primary 'focus-of-intent' into t
> his project.
>
> There's a few more loose-ends to button up.

Tom, what is the biggest advantage of having the iron range expanded to -99?
JCR
August 29, 2022 02:28AM
I thought Salt normally ID'ed around foil. Must be something special going on.

Chris
August 29, 2022 02:55AM
I didn't see any setting to Balance out SALT like the XP and tarsacci does would of thought Minelab would of brought that to the table.
August 29, 2022 03:21PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I'm actually pretty excited about the Manticore my
> self.

That is the point! For old medieval places is one and only way to open them again. I'm testing (the last five months) Tarsacci, Deus II, and The Legend. MDT wins.
August 29, 2022 03:40PM
August 29, 2022 04:01PM
Listen to that thing chatter--and clear out in the middle of "nowhere"?---Dan(NM) Wrote:
> [youtu.be]
JCR
August 29, 2022 06:43PM
Thanks for posting the interesting & informative video. I look forward to hearing how well it does on difficult sites & deeper targets. The 2D ID is a nice way to show additional target info. I hope it works to near max depth. The two tiered Iron Bias should be useful also. I sure would like to hear the enhanced audio selection.

Chris
August 29, 2022 06:52PM
I like that split screen feature. It’s like the target trace feature on the CTX - I used it constantly when running a ctx.
August 29, 2022 08:23PM
A video of it being used here on FB
[fb.watch]
August 29, 2022 09:35PM
In the video they say it has double the battery's as the coil transmits 50% stronger magnetic field, which in turn makes it go deeper.
I think Geotech said on another forum that a 50% increase in drive voltage gives about 7% increase in depth.
I wonder are those the gains we could expect from this detector?
August 30, 2022 04:46AM
ghound Wrote:
> In the video they say it has double the battery's
> as the coil transmits 50% stronger magnetic field,
> which in turn makes it go deeper.
> .
> I think Geotech said on another forum that a 50% i
> ncrease in drive voltage gives about 7% increase i
> n depth.
> I wonder are those the gains we could expect from
> this detector?

Apparently the power increase may only apply to single frequency mode.
August 30, 2022 10:42AM
Brian...... (happily) NO!
August 30, 2022 03:18PM
Thanks Tom. Looking forward to seeing how this new ML fits in for the beach hunters as well. Most of the initial information has been general operations and features, and salt beach functionality and improvements usually are covered later. I know you and they thought that out well, so it’s going to be an interesting detector. I am still puzzled by the concentration of iron signal details, as 80-90% of the time, many don’t dig iron nor do I care if it’s 200 or 400 years old but I supposed as time goes on, this improvement will become clearer.
Always nice to come here and get real information not a Hype Show. Despite the catchy titles, not many YouTube vids have really had much more than the same general info (can you say clickbait?)
August 30, 2022 06:54PM
Gary...... it's called: Pull-Marketing!
August 30, 2022 07:50PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Brian...... (happily) NO!

That's great to know! Unfortunately there's a lot of misinformation being propagated on various forums moody smiley