Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE
January 09, 2023 11:18AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Floridason (Germany friends)......... are you pres
> sing AND holding the G.B. softkey whilst bobbing t
> o coil? Try bobbing the coil multiple times from 1
> 2" down to 5" at first...... whilst continuously p
> ressing the G.B. softkey. If this works...... then
> bob the coil closer to the wet-salt sand.
> NEVER try to ground balance to DRY sand!!!! ((( T
> his is akin to Grnd Balancing to glass/silica!!! )
> ))
> Will their Manticore's GROUND TRACK....... the wet
> -salt?

Thank you TOM, I encouraged him to get on this performance and data thread. His (Andreas) initial answer (more answer coming) to your questions above follow:

“ Yes, I do the automatic GB like in any other mode. Only the beach modes don't GB. Tracking can be turned on, but it does never change from the 0 value to an other value.
Also in automatic it stays at 0.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2023 11:20AM by FloridaSon.
January 10, 2023 12:44AM
Ok. Good to know. BUT........ is this the DRY sand???
January 10, 2023 12:49AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Ok. Good to know. BUT........ is this the DRY sand
> ???

Apologies Tom, I am getting partial answers; and just relaying what I get.

I have asked him to get on this thread several times. I would suggest we table it until he does.
Regards
January 10, 2023 12:56AM
Video - Calabash Digger on SC salt beach comparing Manticore, Deus 2 and Equinox 900.
Will also share. Manticore will hit 13" deep quarter with 11" coil using beach low conductor program. Deus 2 with 11" coil using beach sensitive program a no go.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2023 01:23AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 10, 2023 04:26AM
I watched one of Calabashes vids comparing the Deus 2 and manticore on small beach gold. That manticore is impressive on gold!.
January 10, 2023 12:47PM
THERE'S the two David's! GOOD video! (Again)!!

Things that stand out.....in this most recent video:
The AUDIO clarity of the Manticore is much clearer/robust/clean. The Deus-2's audio is staticky/scratchy.
The Manticore is on a low Sens setting. The Deus-2 Sens setting is nearly maxed out. BUT........ this is just simply a matter of the 'scaling' chosen by the designer(s). . . . . . and has nothing to do with the actual real-World performance.

Since calabash likes to run a low/quiet/safe/stable Sens setting on the Manticore....... I wonder if his beach conditions would allow for a Recovery Speed setting of '3'.....(instead of 4).....with all other settings being the exact/same. , . , . , . , . , . , so as to give greater depth performance on gold....in a wet-salt environment. This would require re-Ground Balancing. Just curious; yet, it might make the Manticore slightly 'chatty'. Maybe not..... due to his salt-content conditions; hence, my question.
(((We saw/witnessed the tremendous performance gain in his test-garden....... when he dropped Recovery Speed from '4'.....down to '2'. , . , . , on those deep silver coins))).

Did calabash ever get that new coil for the Deus-2? If so...... did it make a difference? Better/Worse/Same performance?

Did calabash get his own Manticore??? It looks like it... because..... he threw the Manticore IN the water.,.,.,.,.,.,., and I don't think he would do that with a 'borrowed' unit.
January 11, 2023 11:23AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Did calabash get his own Manticore??? It looks lik
> e it... because..... he threw the Manticore IN the
> water.,.,.,.,.,.,., and I don't think he would do
> that with a 'borrowed' unit.

From what I've heard I think I remember he mentions in a video that Minelab sent him his own Manticore. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Mike K
January 11, 2023 03:04PM
Mike K Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> > Did calabash get his own Manticore??? It looks l
> ik
> > e it... because..... he threw the Manticore IN t
> he
> > water.,.,.,.,.,.,., and I don't think he would d
> o
> > that with a 'borrowed' unit.
>
> From what I've heard I think I remember he mention
> s in a video that Minelab sent him his own Mantico
> re. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
>
> Mike K

Several months ago, he raised the money to buy a Manticore from his supporters on his livestreams. He was on the wait list, but he had a buddy that gave him a loaner Manticore to test out. A week later Minelab contacted him to give him a new Manticore.
He still had that money he had raised, so he used it to buy an Equinox 900.
January 11, 2023 07:58PM
Manticore question for NASA-Tom...

I don't know how to ask this in a "concise" way, but I'll do my best.

With an FBS machine, if you ran an "open" 2-D screen (NO discrimination or iron mask applied), and set your tones to "conductive," then ALL targets would exhibit non-ferrous audio. Since your tones would "cue" off of the CO portion of the ID (given that the machine was set to "conductive tones"), this means that if using an Explorer, a nail IDing as 25-30 (FE-CO), for instance, would sound highly similar, or identical, to a quarter reading 01-30, BECAUSE the tone reported to the user would be based on that "30" conductive ID.

Now, while some old Explorer users used to claim that they could run a wide-open screen, with tones set to "conductive," and STILL hear differences between a "nail" 30 CO ID, and a "coin" 30 CO ID, I was unable to do so (though admittedly I was a much less-experienced detectorist back at that time, which may have been part of the reason). But in any case, when I attempted running "open screen, conductive tones," there were simply WAY too many high tones to decipher, that seemed "undecipherable" i.e. all of the high tones sounded largely the same to me, whether nail OR coin.

SO -- as a result, the way I would run my Explorer, was to set iron mask at 20. As such, any FE ID at 20 or greater, would be discriminated. And since most nails and other iron would read higher than 20 FE, this was a more effective/intelligible way for me to run my Explorer. Running like this, that 25-30 nail was DISCRIMINATED by my iron mask, but the 01-30 quarter would "high tone."

This brings me to the Manticore. IF you ran the Manticore with NO ferrous limits -- in other words, a fully open screen, would it behave similar to an FBS machine set up with an open screen? IN other words, would ALL of your targets exhibit non-ferrous tones, and ONLY non-ferrous tones, in the audio? I am "assuming" that the Manticore's tones are tied to the "CO" ID (if nothing is discriminated or ferrous-limited), and I am ASSUMING that in the background, where FE and CO are being calculated (though NOT displayed to the user, unfortunately), that all targets have a "positive CO VDI number." So, I am therefore also assuming that ALL targets would read as a non-ferrous target, audibly, if you ran a fully "open" screen (zero ferrous limits, zero discrimination). Is this correct? Said differently, I am assuming that the only way to hear a ferrous audio tone, on the Manticore, is to set your ferrous limits such that a given target falls into the "limited out" portion of the 2-D screen (and thus gives a ferrous tone); otherwise, it would give a non-ferrous tone since it falls "within" the "unlimited" (i.e. open) portion of the 2D screen.

Can you confirm, or elaborate?

Steve

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2023 09:01PM by steveg.
January 11, 2023 11:04PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> THERE'S the two David's! GOOD video! (Again)!!
>
> Things that stand out.....in this most recent vide
> o:
> The AUDIO clarity of the Manticore is much clearer
> /robust/clean. The Deus-2's audio is staticky/scra
> tchy.
> The Manticore is on a low Sens setting. The Deus-2
> Sens setting is nearly maxed out. BUT........ this
> is just simply a matter of the 'scaling' chosen by
> the designer(s). . . . . . and has nothing to do w
> ith the actual real-World performance.
>
> Since calabash likes to run a low/quiet/safe/st
> able
Sens setting on the Manticore....... I wo
> nder if his beach conditions would allow for a Rec
> overy Speed setting of '3'.....(instead of 4).....
> with all other settings being the exact/same. , .
> , . , . , . , . , so as to give greater depth perf
> ormance on gold....in a wet-salt environment. This
> would require re-Ground Balancing. Just curious; y
> et, it might make the Manticore slightly 'chatty'.
> Maybe not..... due to his salt-content conditions;
> hence, my question.
> (((We saw/witnessed the tremendous performance gai
> n in his test-garden....... when he dropped Recove
> ry Speed from '4'.....down to '2'. , . , . , on th
> ose deep silver coins))).
>
> Did calabash ever get that new coil for the Deus-2
> ? If so...... did it make a difference? Better/Wor
> se/Same performance?
>
> Did calabash get his own Manticore??? It looks lik
> e it... because..... he threw the Manticore IN the
> water.,.,.,.,.,.,., and I don't think he would do
> that with a 'borrowed' unit.

Mine lab sent Calabash a unit.
Deus 2 coil he had had no faults. So that day of testing back when was the real deal.
January 12, 2023 12:53AM
Mike K & PullTabKing = :-) grinning smiley

TNSS = Ok. Good to know.

Steveg = Absolutely correct!
If you place your Ferrous Limits Upper on '0'...... and your Ferrous Limits Lower on '0'................................ then nothing on the 2D screen will be greyed out. All ferrous targets will now sound like a non-ferrous tone.,.,.,according to their respective conductivity.
On this same line............ I always start to hunt a new site with FL Upper = 6 & FL Lower = 3. (((And...... I usually end up STAYING on these aggressive settings........unless there is a unusual extenuating circumstance.....forcing me to make SLIGHT tweaks))). These are highly aggressive settings; yet, with a little experience.....your skillset will rapidly improve. These settings on a EQX would equivalate to a F2 = -1.
"Why" do I use these settings? Because the unmasking (in iron) abilities are tremendous.
The cost? = Causes me to lock-up my brakes much more. THEN...... for each "brakes lock-up"........ I must rotate my body around the suspect target. The 'amount' of body rotation with these aggressive settings..... is much greater body rotation; yet, if the body rotation around suspect target is TOO great.,.,..,.,., shovel finds employment.
January 12, 2023 01:14AM
Thanks Sharpshooter. I was wondering that information also.
I'm glad Minelab has finally caught up to the Dues-2. But what if Dues-2 comes out with a performance update? Tom, are you still working on the Manticore?
January 12, 2023 04:18AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Mike K & PullTabKing = :-) grinning smiley
>
> TNSS = Ok. Good to know.
>
> Steveg = Absolutely correct!
> If you place your Ferrous Limits Upper on '0'.....
> . and your Ferrous Limits Lower on '0'............
> .................... then nothing on the 2D screen
> will be greyed out. All ferrous targets will now s
> ound like a non-ferrous tone.,.,.,according to the
> ir respective conductivity.
> On this same line............ I always start to hu
> nt a new site with FL Upper = 6 & FL Lower = 3. ((
> (And...... I usually end up STAYING on these aggre
> ssive settings........unless there is a unusual ex
> tenuating circumstance.....forcing me to make SLIG
> HT tweaks))). These are highly aggressive settings
> ; yet, with a little experience.....your skillset
> will rapidly improve. These settings on a EQX woul
> d equivalate to a F2 = -1.
> "Why" do I use these settings? Because the unmaski
> ng (in iron) abilities are tremendous.
> The cost? = Causes me to lock-up my brakes much mo
> re. THEN...... for each "brakes lock-up"........ I
> must rotate my body around the suspect target. The
> 'amount' of body rotation with these aggressive se
> ttings..... is much greater body rotation; yet, if
> the body rotation around suspect target is TOO gre
> at.,.,..,.,., shovel finds employment.

NASA-Tom -- THANK YOU for the very thorough answer. Makes complete sense and confirms my assumptions.

Can you approximate, with those aggressive settings, approximately how much of an angular sector you look for, through which you can maintain a good-sounding high tone, to conclude that your shovel needs to be employed, LOL?

ALSO -- a very speculative question, but along these same lines; you don't have to answer in detail, just a short sentence or two, but ... can YOU imagine it being within the realm of possibility that you (and by "you" I mean YOU, not me) could run FULLY OPEN screen, and, STRICTLY FROM THE TONES, have any ability to discern "non-ferrous" from "ferrous?" It would be INSANE, in my mind, to try it, just as it was for me when I tried it with the Explorer. BUT -- I know you've noted that there is alot of "intelligence" in the Manticore's tones; is there enough intelligence there, such that someone like yourself could eventually learn to recognize a "ferrous" high tone from a "non-ferrous" high tone (again, fully open screen, no limits, no disc)? Is that possible? My GUESS is it would be exceedingly difficult, and you'd basically need to investigate EVERY tone that corresponds to the type of items you are seeking, of course. But, is it perhaps possible that for each target signal that is "in the tonal range" of what you are listening for, that by then doing a very careful, thorough 360 degree interrogation of the target...that MAYBE doing so, MIGHT offer you clues about whether it's non-ferrous or ferrous. I'd be curious to hear your answer.

Steve
January 12, 2023 09:26PM
Merrill is getting his manticore dialed in and its DEEP! In his neighborhood anyway.

[youtu.be]
January 12, 2023 11:15PM
GB in beach mode trouble?

Anyone been hearing some users cannot ground balance in beach mode but can in all others?
January 12, 2023 11:33PM
Beach Mode and Ground Balance. I read this on another forum,

My Manticore does not do the automatic ground balance in all beach modes. The manual says it should but it does not.

I even contacted Minelab about it and I was told my Manticore and that one of a friend here in Germany are the only ones he has heard of and I should sent my detector to the distributor to have it fixed/exchanged.

I contacted the distributor and asked a person to take a Manticore out of the box and check if it is different. He went outdoor and testet the unit and it did NOT GB in Beach mode.
So...same problem and it proofs that exchanging the detector does not help.

Anyone else having this problem? TOM Have you heard about this?
January 13, 2023 03:38AM
Hmmmmmmmm. I have some 'catching-up' to do.

Kingfish............ Yes. Absolutely! We will NEVER sit 'idle' on the sidelines ..... doing nothing. In fact; we nearly never take a break. ----Also........... just because something is 'released'..........does not mean we are done/complete with the project. We're looking at calabash's possible 'iron falsing' questions/concerns. We're always looking for continuous improvements. Enhanced performance. Completely new projects. Software utility updates for existing products. Etc.......

possum........ Good video. Thanks for sharing. Really neat to see a spectrum of MC users.....share their 'take'.
And. On this subject. If anyone watches a really good video that has really good/genuine 'meat' to it.,.,.,.,.,., by all means: share it // post it! No..... it does NOT have to be just about the Manticore. ANY really good/educational video is worthy.,.,.,.,., and what the entire premise of this forum is all about.

Ground Balance beach trouble. Of my Manticore's....... I cannot replicate/duplicate any Ground Balance issues on the beach. BUT....... NONE of them will Ground Balance on the dry sand. Dry silica-sand...... is virtually akin to Ground Balancing to thin air. Zero minerals to grab!

Steve G....... where do I start!
Body Rotation around suspect target. My Ferrous Limits Upper setting dictates this answer........ in concert with the TYPE and DECOMPOSITION status of the iron in the ground....at a particular site.
Example: About 7 months ago....... I was at a site whereby..... the HEAVY decomposition status of the iron in the ground....authorized a Ferrous Limits Upper setting of '5'. (Lower on '3'). This 'threshold-limit' setting was aggressive........requiring a 'mindset' recalibration. Stupendous unmasking took place. , . , . , . , . , . , but not until I 'cleared through' (read: laboriously suffered) a 2-hour & 10-minute learning-curve. Deep into the hunt............... I finally landed on a specific methodology.....with exacting physics-math numbers.
FIRST. I must explain a metal detecting physics principle: Circling 360-Degrees around a suspect target ....should NEVER be looked upon as a simple '360-Degree' circle; --------- BUT/rather ......as: TWO mirror-image Half-Circles.,.,.,.,.,., 180-Degrees first half + 180-Degrees second half. EACH half-circle ....produces a 'mirror-image' of the OTHER half-circle. THEN....... (and only then)...... can the TWO HALVES........ be (data-collective) additively combined.
Sooooooo................... with this prerequisite-premise in place........... I may begin imparting/conveying/educating.
At this particular site......with exceptionally aggressive settings (of Upper = 5 & Lower = 3)....................... Unmasking required 55% of body rotation in the first half-circle....to produce a non-ferrous audio. Due to 'mirror-image' half-circles.,.,.,.,., this (logically) is to say..... the second half of the circle ALSO required 55% non-ferrous audio....within ITS 180-Degrees half-circle body-rotate.
Saying the exact same thing........ but: said differently = 55% of body rotation in either of the half-circles.....,,,,,,......,,,,,,,....... required a non-ferrous audio report.,.,.,in order to produce a non-ferrous target (in co-locate with iron). About 95-Degrees of body rotation in the first half-circle............. AND............. about 95-Degrees of body rotation in the second-half of the circle.
Many nails were falsing non-ferrous with these aggressive Ferrous Limits settings; yet, .........they would (on average) drop-out of a non-ferrous GOOD tone..... when...... (on average) = GREATER than 30% or 35% of either half of a circle was passed through.....would cause the nails to drop back into the iron ID range.
Soooooooooo. Why don't you just use less aggressive settings. Say = Upper 8 & Lower 4.
TRUE. There would be a LOT LESS falsing! ------------ Yet...... with a (fatal) TON less unmasking!
I DID try this. ((With Upper = 8 & Lower = 4)). And: The available window of body-rotate (for either half of the circle) to produce a non-ferrous tone.....was reduced to about 5% of body-rotate.....to acquire/produce a non-ferrous report. This is to say: 5% + 5% = 10%
You now only have a 10% window of availability ......to ever hear a non-ferrous tone/target. Sooooooooooooooo ....... this entire parcel of land would THEN give the appearance/illusion that: There are VERY few masked non-ferrous targets! Only nails! (((Which is completely wrong!!!))).
Steve...... a ton more could be written on this exact subject; yet, I'm out of time!!!

To answer your other (last) question: Ferrous Limits Upper '0' and Ferrous Limits Lower '0'. EVERYTHING then reports as a non-ferrous tone. This would be akin to using (say) a Fisher 1266X in all-metal mode. ANY metal produces a audio report. It is then left up to the operator to distinguish/delineate/decipher any/all nuances in each and EVERY target....... to determine Ferromagnetic, Paramagnetic or Diamagnetic. Yes...... you have a 2D screen on Manticore. And............ yes; ferromagnetic targets present a (usually) diagonal elongated blob/splatter. You MIGHT be able to glean something out of this!!!
Out of time!
January 13, 2023 05:13AM
NASA-Tom,

THANK YOU for the very in-depth answer! Lots to absorb; for instance, I had no idea about the idea of "two 180s" versus "one 360." I would LOVE to hear you elaborate on this whole thing, as time permits. There is so much to be gleaned from your explanations...

As for "body rotation," you noted -- as would logically be expected -- that the more "aggressive" your ferrous limits (i.e. less of the screen "grayed out"), the LONGER you should require the target to maintain a "non-ferrous" tone, in terms of sector angle, before deciding to dig. This makes sense. In other words, the amount of angle that you should expect to maintain "non-ferrous tone" on a good target CHANGES, in an inversely proportional way, to your ferrous limits settings. Less screen gray, means more "sector angle" of "good" tone will occur with a "good" target co-locate...

BUT --this is very much RELATED to the reasoning behind my second question (i.e. is it POSSIBLE for an EXPERT to hunt with the MOST "aggressive" limits settings (i.e. upper zero and lower zero), and yet still find a way to have success. You answered logically -- i.e. the 2D screen/target trace would help. And yes, it would.

BUT -- what I was thinking about, was the tones only...

In other words, you said that out of 180 degrees, at that one decomposed iron site you hunted, Limits of 8/4 would allow the "non-ferrous tone" to exist with a "good" target for only 5% of the 180-degree sector, before switching to ferrous tone. But, going MORE aggressive (less grayed-out area) on your limits -- i.e. 6/3 -- would allow you to "hold onto" that non-ferrous tone for a MUCH larger sector -- 55% of the 180 degrees. It makes logical sense, though that's a much LARGER difference than I would have expected. BUT, with that said...

What my brain is wondering, is what if you went with the VERY MOST AGGRESSIVE limits settings possible -- i.e. 0/0. OBVIOUSLY, you would then "hold a non-ferrous tone" for the full 180 degrees, by definition. BUT -- would there be something ELSE that one could learn to listen for...some "degradation" of the tone through a portion of the sector, some "nuance" as you rotated, such that ALTHOUGH you would hear a "non-ferrous tone" for the full 180 degrees, would you maybe learn to hear "hints" during your rotation through the 180 degree sector that would "clue you in," a bit, and possibly allow you to suspect that you were dealing with a non-ferrous co-locate, vs. just a nail falsing. Is there some tonal nuance that could be learned, and then used/employed intelligently, INSTEAD OF listening for the "switch from non-ferrous tone to ferrous tone" as you rotate, that is the "rule" when running with Ferrous Limits greater than zero.

I guess what I am thinking, is whether it could possibly be worth it to put yourself through the TORTURE of running wide open, no limits, and FORCE yourself to learn ANY and ALL of whatever tonal nuances there may be, between a GOOD high tone, and a "bad" high tone (iron), such that you'd REALLY master the machine and all of its capabilities. In other words, is there enough "nuance" there, that could be gleaned over many difficult hours of listening, digging, listening, digging, such that there would eventually be some "lightbulb moments" occur -- thus making the PAIN of enduring the learning curve that you'd face, with your limits set at 0/0, WORTH IT IN THE END. Would there be a "payoff," tuitionally, for all that hard work? OR, would it simply be an exercise in futility...a painful waste of time...searching for nuances in the tones that simply don't/can't exist...

This is what I wonder. NOT that I would necessarily intend to do this, but...my thinking is that your answer would be very instructional, as far helping those of us new to the machine to understand just HOW MUCH intelligence exists within the Manticore's audio capabilities, IF we strive to put in the time/effort to really "listen carefully," and learn...

Steve

P.S. I know this post is probably a bit "esoteric," and probably not very interesting to many. My apologies...but my mind is really curious about this whole "tonal nuances" thing, and what the Manticore may be capable of, in that regard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2023 05:25AM by steveg.
January 13, 2023 06:37AM
steveg Wrote:

> P.S. I know this post is probably a bit "esoteric,
> " and probably not very interesting to many. My a
> pologies...but my mind is really curious about thi
> s whole "tonal nuances" thing, and what the Mantic
> ore may be capable of, in that regard.

Don't feel like your posts aren't interesting. I find this extremely fascinating and am patiently awaiting NASA Tom's reply. Questions like these are the very reason I come here.
January 13, 2023 09:19AM
I snagged one of the Manticores from Bass Pro Shops and it came yesterday. All I've been able to do though is charge the batteries and watch it thunderstorm outside. Looking forward to getting out with it...it will have to be very impressive though to take the spot of my D2. I also have the Nox 900 but I keep reaching for the D2 when it's time to go actually hunt.
January 13, 2023 11:57AM
@NASA-Tom

Re: Reports of Ground Balance beach trouble

You are right Tom, I missed the ‘inland’ part. this from Andy NM (who called Minelab) in another forum:

“ Update:

Here is the new information about the Manticore not ground balancing in beach modes on normal inland ground:

The detector needs to see salty ground conditions to ground balance in any beach mode. I got that answer straight from Minelab. So it is NOT a software bug, it's a feature.
But that should be noticed in the manual.

Thanks to Peter, Brandon and Philip from Minelab for the help. ”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2023 01:59PM by FloridaSon.
January 13, 2023 02:50PM
FloridaSon Wrote:
> @NASA-Tom
>
> Re: Reports of Ground Balance beach trouble
>
> You are right Tom, I missed the ‘inland’ part. th
> is from Andy NM (who called Minelab) in another fo
> rum:
>
> “ Update:
>
> Here is the new information about the Manticore no
> t ground balancing in beach modes on normal inland
> ground:
>
> The detector needs to see salty ground conditions
> to ground balance in any beach mode. I got that an
> swer straight from Minelab. So it is NOT a softwar
> e bug, it's a feature.
> But that should be noticed in the manual.
>
> Thanks to Peter, Brandon and Philip from Minelab f
> or the help. ”

Does anyone know if running Tracking GB solves this?
January 13, 2023 03:28PM
Here's video I did for Mr Dankowski with a few questions concerning Manticore and dry sand and salt beach hunting.
Answers to these questions I think will help some folks out.

[m.youtube.com]
January 13, 2023 03:31PM
Hi Tom,
So far the ML-105s that came with the manticore are very nice, the audio is great and I enjoy using them. However I do the majority of my detecting in the woods and I like to have one ear exposed so I can hear whats going on around me for safety and this is difficult/uncomfortable with headphones.

Right now when I'm out in the woods I've been using an atpx-ll transmitter so I can use the atpx-ll earbuds that I used with my equinox. It works but the audio isn't as good as the ML-105s.

I'm not sure if this question was asked before but will a non-minelab bluetooth le audio device(when they're actually available) be able to pair with the manticore?

Thanks!
January 13, 2023 03:39PM
PulltabKing Wrote:
> steveg Wrote:
>
> > P.S. I know this post is probably a bit "esoteri
> c,
> > " and probably not very interesting to many. My
> a
> > pologies...but my mind is really curious about t
> hi
> > s whole "tonal nuances" thing, and what the Mant
> ic
> > ore may be capable of, in that regard.
>
>

Wow, thanks! I really figured that I may be annoying people at this point! I am glad to hear that at least someone else is curious about this, as well...

Steve
> Don't feel like your posts aren't interesting. I f
> ind this extremely fascinating and am patiently aw
> aiting NASA Tom's reply. Questions like these are
> the very reason I come here.
January 13, 2023 04:25PM
Steve, I learn when the smarter folks in the room , talk. Keep talking. smiling smiley
January 13, 2023 05:00PM
I enjoy the back and forth myself! I learn a lot. Ever notice that the really smart people don't have to continually remind everybody how smart they are? Just thought I'd throw that out there.
January 13, 2023 05:21PM
possum mo Wrote:
> Steve, I learn when the smarter folks in the room
> , talk. Keep talking. smiling smiley

OH MY! I'm not sure about all that, LOL, but I am certainly glad that some others here ALSO learn, from the questions that NASA-Tom answers...

Thanks, possum!

Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I enjoy the back and forth myself! I learn a lot.
> Ever notice that the really smart people don't hav
> e to continually remind everybody how smart they a
> re? Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Again, I'm really glad to hear that the "back and forth" is helpful at times for others, as well.

Thank you, Daniel!

Steve
January 14, 2023 12:18AM
viper....... in most cases.......aftermarket bluetooth/wireless items will not be compatible with Manticore.

TNSS....... answering your 3 questions =
1. I would never use a Beach program for the dry sand. I (more-so) recommend All Terrain Low Conductors!
2. If you are: Tracking = "ON" in the wet-sand....... the tracking Ground Balance numbers will (mildly) vary..... as you are hunting the wet. If you transition into the dry sand.......and still have Tracking = "ON"...... the tracking numbers will STOP changing....... but will NOT return to '0'.
There is a stipulation with this: If the first (say) 10" of sand are bone-dry........but beyond the first 10" of dry sand...... it becomes 'damp' salty sand.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. the auto Ground Tracking WILL 'fluctuate' the Ground Balance numbers.
3. If you START life in the dry sand.........and in a Beach Mode....... AND with Tracking = "ON"........ ,,,,,,,,, .......... ,,,,,,,,,, as you transition out of the dry sand..... and down INTO the wet-sand; YES....... the unit will then 'track' the salt of the wet-sand. But NOT in the dry sand.
January 14, 2023 01:28AM
Thanks for replying Tom.
I'll put your answers to the questions in comments section of video for possible wider dissemination.