Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE
February 02, 2023 05:34PM
Tom
I going to shoot another video with the Manticore?D2 using your suggestion of prospecting audio and see if I can get that 16" nickel to sound better. I will also try pitch on the D2, otherwise people will be calling foul.
February 02, 2023 08:07PM
Andrew. Ok. I 'think' you will be in for a good surprise. PROSPECTING audio allows for you to hear the abberations in the dirt/mineralization/ground.....which........ in turn......... allows you to run your Sens a few points higher.

khouse..... I watched the Mowerdog video that you provided. His logic in setting up a coins-only program is fairly well thought-out; yet, I do not like any form of Notch. Trust your ears!!! I have hit various types of coins that initially ID'd in the pull-tab range; yet, when you finally get your coil centered over the coin......and you rotate your body to the proper angle that parallels the coins 'tilt'....... it'll then clearly ID as a coin.

GTS....... I was asked (via e-mail) nearly the exact same question from a person of whom I'm also struggling to get registered on to this forum. Let me see if I can cut-n-paste his questions here:
----------------
"""How much different is all-terrain general versus all-terrain, high conductor, and all-terrain low conductor?—— asked another way …..is all-terrain general better at finding high conductors than all-terrain low conductor?——and——-Is all terrain general better at finding low conductors than all-terrain hi conductors?

I have another suggestion for manticore update—— when making changes in the menus I think it would be nice to have the (either current or factory) setting a different color from the rest so as you make changes you can see where you went from in case you want to go back to it.

I noticed you mentioned again (first time I remember, seeing it was about two years ago, you were talking about maybe upgrades for the equinox or possibly a new machine all together) about adding density readings or some kind of visualization on the screen. This topic is very interesting to me and could potentially eliminate all foil and can-slaw especially when looking mainly for gold. """
---------------

The word for the day is: UNORTHODOX!
Nails & iron is one of our biggest points-of-contention. If you are hunting around cellar-holes, , , , near excavation sites, , , , , near old structures/buildings, , , , , old forts.......etc............. you will be contending with tons of iron.,.,.,.,., which cancels about 97% of your success.
Here is what I have learned/gleaned:
Higher freqs are more 'tuned' (resonant) to iron. Higher freqs can detect iron to a much better rate. Higher freqs (in general) can ID iron to a better level.....with a little less falsing. Higher freqs can detect low conductors to a better rate/performance-level. (((If a silver dimes ID is being pulled down to around the foil ID range....due to close-proximity nails........ higher freqs will help 'see' the foil-dime))). Higher freqs are attenuated by bad dirt/mineralization.....more readily.
Lower freqs are less resonant to iron. Lower freqs have a harder time detecting iron. Lower freqs will 'false' on iron to a bit larger rate. Lower freqs are (in general) less attenuated by mineralized dirt. Lower freqs are more resonant (in-tune) with higher conductors.

If I'm hunting in 'said' situations.........Should I use All Terrain: High Conductor, Low Conductor, General Mode....... Fast/Trashy........etc..........

Here's what I have learned through the years........and...... with Manticore/Dues-2:
Unintentional engineering/Unorthodox methodology:
IF falsing is tolerable/do'able/intelligibly-understandable .....,,,,,,.......,,,,,,,, I will run a High Conductor Mode with a Recovery Speed of 4 (and sometimes: 5)....... in these carpets of nails.
IF falsing is NOT tolerable ..... usually due to a certain type of nail oxidation status......in concert with dirt mineralization......... I will then run a Low Conductor Mode........ with a Recovery Speed of 4 (and sometimes: 5). {{{I never run a Reactivity Speed ABOVE '3' on the Deus-2}}}.
But FIRST...... before I run any of these Modes........ EMI will be the Master/lead/direction. I say this because....... some areas that I choose to hunt..... I already have a mindset as to 'which' Mode I want to use. Then....... upon arrival to the site....... EMI forces me to run a different Mode ........,,,,,,,,, a Mode that is contrary to my targeted-intent.
Remember = You lose a lot of depth when you increase Recovery/Reactivity Speed. BUT...... also remember....,,,,,, if you are hunting carpets of nails..... you may NEVER achieve deep depths anyway....... due to TOO much trash under the coil at any given split-second .,.,.,masking the deeper targets.
Smaller coils achieve less overall depth; YET/BUT..... may present GREATER depth...due to the ability to 'see between' targets better.

OVERALL = Because Manticore is much better at mitigating EMI (via LONG PRESS)....... I am indeed finding/gravitating to All Terrain Low Conductors.,.,.,most of the time........ to greater than 50%...... whilst hunting carpets of nails.......for high conductors. Recovery Speed: 4.
February 02, 2023 08:17PM
The info (link) below was posted originally out side of this thread concerning Minelab Manticore.

The link below talks about the original released software audio theme and audio theme profiles for the different programs.
New users of Manticore IMO should review the contents of this link.
Especially if one is getting lower volume tone wise on swept targets both in test gardens and in the wild.
Two videos are part of this link. Both good videos showing audio theme and possible effects when changing theme profile settings.

The info in this link could change with future update.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2023 08:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 02, 2023 08:40PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe....... WHAT steveg SAID!
>
> Additional info:
> In Factory Presets...... the Manticore is approx 4
> % better at ID'ing iron............... thus/theref
> ore..........4% less iron-falsing rate.
> BUT......... then you add Ferrous Limits.......Upp
> er & Lower......(and compare it to EQX Fe & F2).,.
> ,.,.,.,.,.,., and the Manticore adjustability ther
> eof. HERE is where it really makes a difference:
> I will use myself (my hunting settings & mindset)
> via example =
> I hit a new (to me) site. After about 12-15 minute
> s of hunting this site.......... I learn that I ca
> n run Ferrous Limits: Upper on '5'........ and Low
> er on '3'. Deliberately: On purpose..... (to my br
> ains calibration likings)......this allows all of
> the nails to 'false' (as a non-ferrous target) 30
> % of the time......during body-rotation around tar
> get whilst sweeping. (Most normal/rational folks w
> ould not tolerate this!). If there is even the sli
> ghtest bit of non-ferrous metal in close proximity
> of the 30% falsing nail.......... the 30% falsing
> goes up to a much higher %-number. For instance...
> .... a square-nail at 9" deep is high-tone 'falsin
> g' 30% of the time. BUT...... this time..... just
> 1-inch below the square nail (at 10" deep) resides
> a Shield Nickel. Even though the Nickel is deeper
> and weaker than the stronger signal from the (shal
> lower) square nail.......... the detector is now:
> non-ferrous tone FALSING....MUCH more........ say:
> 87% of the time. HUGE delta/difference! -----
> -You are now POSITIVE that MORE than just a (ferro
> us) square nail exists. It takes VERY little......
> to upset this 30% falsing "BALANCE"........and tha
> t 30% falsing VERY RAPIDLY (asymptotically) launch
> es up in percent. Dead giveaway. Huge clue!
>
> Joe. Also. The Manticorps is only a few percent de
> eper than EQX at inland/turf/dirt sites. Fact!
> BUT. Implementing Noise Cancel LONG PRESS.........
> . and.......... on average........ the Manticorps
> is (my overall nominal-median average....thus far)
> ..... the MC is approx 23% deeper than EQX. . . .
> . . . as long as you THEN employ higher Sens numbe
> rs before & after LONG PRESS.
> If you (mostly) hunt sites that have little/no EMI
> ...... stick with the EQX.
> If you hunt the beach...... get the Manticore. It
> is MUCH deeper (especially on fine gold) than EQX.
> Setting up the controls/settings fairly well......
> . is 'key' to Manticore (and all other detectors/b
> rands......for that matter).
>
> Tex & Steve....... no intent (yet) on implementing
> any form of Fe-CO duel numeric digit readout.

Tom - can you better articulate the basis for the 23% increased depth vs. Nox with long press Noise Cancel and specifically how you arrived at that number. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2023 08:42PM by CTGoldman.
February 02, 2023 08:52PM
Hi Tom, that explanation helps a lot, thank you for taking the time to explain it!
February 03, 2023 10:04AM
Hi Tom. I’m currently detecting with the nox 800 which I really like but was thinking of purchasing either the Manticore or the XpD2 like many others. I’m currently on a waiting list for the Manticore and have been watching a lot of YouTube videos. It seems like many people that have received the Manticore are complaining about abnormally high falsing on iron with the Manticore compared to the XpD2 and previous Minelab detectors. Personally, I don’t mind digging a little iron if it helps me unmask some good targets but it seems like this is a problem for the Manticore right now. Do you have any thoughts on why this may be happening and more importantly is it something that Minelab is looking at and will be able to eventually fix with an update? I hear also many YouTubers complaining about the headphones not being rain or even moisture proof. Do you know if there are wireless headphones that are rain/waterproof that can be used with the Manticore? I hope you can give some insight on these issues because I really like and want to buy the Manticore. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 10:07AM by NordicDetect.
February 03, 2023 10:29AM
CTGoldman.........absolutely! And.......your question has two parts to it: The = "How" .....and....."Why".
It is a multifaceted, complex equation.
(I'm going to try not to infringe upon corporate confidentiality data).
Nutshell: Within the Operating System of Manticore....... there is a different/faster Clock-speed.......... coupled with: specifically targeted advanced algorithm(s) ......... coupled with: enhanced EMI mitigation capabilities. Collectively....... (Clock-speed + algorithms + EMI mitigation)........ the additive summational resultant is: better dirt performance. -----This is the: "HOW".
I could care less about: "In Theory". What I care about is: real-World dirt performance. Sooooooo.......
Here is the "WHY" =
I have collected a large aggregate database of 'numbers'..... from the real-World. Please understand.....this " 23% " number.....is a 'floating' number; yet, with fairly tight, repeatable tolerances. Some dirt.....has presented 2% Manticore performance enhancements over EQX. And other sites have presented up to 67% performance enhancements. The overall averaging (nominal median average) performance improvements have resulted in a 23% number.
Amplifying info: There is a hardcore, drop-dead scenario/parameter that must be adhered to..... in order to validate the basis/claim = Hunt sites whereby EQX is no longer producing. Find targets that were (previously) not detectable...... 'left behind'. Then: the EQX MUST be given the (full-spectrum) opportunity to see if it can (now) detect these 'missed' targets. (((Full/lengthy parameter explanation of this is in a article on homepage of this website ---not on this forum---))). Collect 1000's of sample-data.
THEN determine if it was a (primarily) EMI issue. Enhanced algorithm issue. Clock-speed issue. Or........ a combination of all of them.
After collecting a certain amount of AGGREGATE data.......... it becomes all-too-clear of: enhanced EMI mitigation abilities of LONG PRESS Manticore..... is KEY. Then................ as a medium-to-minimum distant secondary...... Clock-speed + enhanced algorithms..... also adds to the overall 23% number. You can NOT individually divorce/separate out: Clock-speed + algorithms + EMI mitigation. Each individual item is not isolable. (((It is locked-in to the microprocessor))). BUT....... in one regard.......this does not matter, because: you are utilizing a 'collective system' anyway. Sooooooo........ it can be measured as a: "collective" (overall).
Depth. What does all of this have to do with 23% greater depth. Why would this not be categorized as: greater adjacent target separation performance.........so-as NOT to be confused with 'depth'? =
If you can 'see-between' targets.....to a greater depth.,.,.,.,.,., this is 'depth'.
If you have enhanced 'overall detection' depth,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., this is 'depth'.
If you are finding 2% to 67% more targets behind EQX......... site-after-site-after-site........and the overall nominal median-average is 23%........ with nearly the ENTIRE premise due to the: "HOW" = EMI MITIGATION . , . , . , . , . a very clear picture becomes 'painted'.
Without getting into the (gory) mega-time-consuming BOOKS of written numbers & computations..........this should get you a launchable-platform of better understanding.
(((For many folks....... this is most-probably already: TOO WORDY))).
February 03, 2023 10:51AM
Nordic......... we're always looking for ways to 'improve'. Enhanced iron handling is one of the top priorities; yet, educating folks on Ferrous Limits use has ALSO become forefront! As improvements are made....... software updates will certainly be a primary option.
Wireless headphones. Yes...... I would like to see a pair of waterproof headphones. This too...... is being tossed around the table!
I meant to check: Are the XP Deus wireless phones waterproof? Or the Nokta Legend wireless phones waterproof?
February 03, 2023 10:53AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Nordic......... we're always looking for ways to '
> improve'. Enhanced iron handling is one of the top
> priorities; yet, educating folks on Ferrous Limits
> use has ALSO become forefront! As improvements are
> made....... software updates will certainly be a p
> rimary option.

Yes, that is the point, not depth only! Next is a connection between operator... and what device is telling you winking smiley
February 03, 2023 11:21AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I meant to check: Are the XP Deus wireless phones
> waterproof?

The XP WSAII XL wireless headphones >> Rainproof (IP68 1m deep).

Note: Charging these HP's >> Be very careful when you pull the plug that keeps water out of the charging port. The plastic tether can break easily. . . . leaving the plug to possibly come out and get lost. Then the only thing holding the plug in if broken is the friction from the O ring.
February 03, 2023 01:49PM
Thanks Tom for answering my questions. Can you explain how much separation you lose as you increase especially the upper ferrous limits to avoid falsing on small iron. What do you think is the maximum ferrous limits you can use before you lose separation capabilities in sites with a lot of for example iron nails. I know this is site specific but I was wondering what your thoughts were on this topic. I’m glad Minelab is thinking about wireless headphones because we definitely get our share of rain here on the west coast of Norway.
February 03, 2023 02:30PM
I have a few more minutes.......that I want to expound more on CTGoldman question.
Recently........ I had located 6 high conductor targets with Manticore. They were all deep. I was speculating that all of the located (and marked) targets were wheat pennies. This was in a field where a 1930's house once stood.
EQX could only be run on a Sens of 18. Manticore........ after a LONG PRESS Noise Cancel on a Sens of 20...... then allowed another boost in Sens up to 22 . , . , . with only a little EMI audibly present. I performed another LONG PRESS......and EMI became very minute'. I decided to stay with a Sens of 22 on Manticore.

This should be about the most DIRECT answer to what CTGoldman is looking for.

Of the 6 pinpoint marked (located) high-tone targets (((not dug up yet)))....... I placed extreme focus on 2 of the 6. These two targets were the ONLY targets that the EQX could marginally detect.
First target turned out to be a 1934 wheat penny. EQX with pinnacle settings......would present a short & faint high-tone chirp on the target. I have fairly good reason to think that I would have locked up my brakes on this particular target....with EQX. Of the 19 Noise Cancel channels on the EQX........ three of the channels were (mostly) silent. But....... only one of those three channels would allow detection of this particular target. The other two EMI acceptable Noise Cancel channels....... would not allow any form of detection of this particular target. (A textbook example of: Silent Masking).
Manticore would allow for detection of this target...... with about a 5" airgap above the ground. Keep in mind...... a 5" airgap does NOT constitute five more inches of buried depth of detection.
After extensive testing with the EQX on this particular target....... I decided to carefully dig it up...... marking it's exact pinpoint location AND exact depth. Using my fingernail to remove the last 1/8" of dirt off of the (very slightly tilted) 1934 penny...... the depth turned out to be the exact length of the pinpointer........ which is a Fisher F-Pulse. Almost exactly 9.0" deep.

The next target (and only remainder target that the EQX would detect......out of the 6 marked targets)......... went through the exact same protocol/testing. Nutshell = This target .... I may // may-not have: locked up my brakes on....with the EQX..... due to intermittent/broken detection signal. At this particular time..... and particular exact spot on the property......... EQX only had 2 acceptable EMI Noise Cancel channels. Again....... only one of the NC channels would allow/authorize (partial/intermittent) detection of this target. Any other Noise Cancel channel presented a 'no-go' detection. At 8.8" deep....... up comes a copper (fuel-line) crush washer. (((This could have been a wheat penny))).

Sooooooooo. ((( I concluded ))) ...... It looks like EQX was good for approx 8.8" - 9.0" on copper pennies ... at this particular site.

The other 4 remaining targets. Found with Manticore at/with peak/pinnacle settings.
3 were wheat pennies.
#4 target turned out to be a duffle-bag copper snap grommet. Slightly larger than a penny..... with a hollow center. Again........ this could have been a copper penny.
One of the (3) pennies ....was 11.2" deep.
The copper snap grommet was 11.0" deep.

Summation =
EQX 9.0" depth capabilities.
Manticore 11.2" depth capabilities.

If you add about 24% more depth capabilities to the 9.0" EQX................ you land on the Manticore performance.......,,,,,,,.......,,,,,,,, at THIS SPECIFIC/ONLY SITE.
9.0 x .24 = 11.2"

Finding this in my notes........ I thought this would present a perfect example....... to (hopefully) clearly express my 23% performance gain resolution of Manticore....... for CTGoldman
February 03, 2023 03:05PM
Since NASA Tom has said Minelab looks at this thread. I have done a video. Video below talks about headphone options/ concerns as far as Manticore and Eqx 700/900.
Folks can comment in video or even in this thread.
Other folks could have some good suggestions too.

[m.youtube.com]
February 03, 2023 03:35PM
Tom
Very good information in response to CTGoldman's question. Right now I have frozen ground so turf hunting has been tough. But I also have 4-5 bar dirt in my immediate area, not sure if the Manticore will do any better than the Equinox in this situation. That being said I have access to a mid 1850's military camp (still frozen) with only 2 bar dirt. I'm hoping the Manticore will shine at this location as many good relics have come from this site and pickings are getting slim with the Equinox.
February 03, 2023 04:06PM
Tom - Appreciate the answer to my question on Manticore vs. Nox depth (23% nominal increase basis) The followup post/example was especially helpful. Thanks.

CT

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 04:15PM by CTGoldman.
February 03, 2023 04:07PM
Tom - followup question re: More EMI mitigation = More Depth...does long press noise cancel simply repeat scan the channels that were initially tagged as quiet from "short press" or is something else happening on long press? In other words, is it just ratcheting down onto the most quiet channel on repeated long presses or is there active EMI mitigation being applied? Thanks.

CT

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 04:17PM by CTGoldman.
February 03, 2023 11:27PM
Tom
Went back out and retested the Manticore over the 16" nickel. Wasn't worth filming as results were about the same as the first video. The settings I used for the Manticore in the first video were about as good as it gets. Did long press noise cancel, GB, tried multiple audio themes, lowered ferrous limits, etc. Highest sensitivity achieved was 23 in prospecting audio, beach deep. results were still a one way hit. But at sensitivity 23 Manticore was unstable enough that I wouldn't hunt with it that way. small spikes from the salt were too hard to tell from the 16" nickel. 22 is about max and still be able to hunt without too much instability. I actually prefer 1 region all tones in normal audio medium profile over all other audio options. The spike from the deep target just seems to stand out more. Might just be my hearing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2023 02:54AM by Abenson.
February 04, 2023 02:47AM
Andrew........ you changed the conditions!!! You used a Dime now..... instead of a Nickel??? That WILL give completely different results!!!
The Manticore should do better in 2-bar dirt...... once it unthaws!

CTGoldman........ Yes. LONG PRESS of the Noise Cancel feature on Manticore allows for the unit to acquire a true aggregate of the actual conditions...... and apply the correct Noise Cancel channel.
The EQX auto Noise Cancel takes a very short snapshot of each channel........and may not capture the true varying atmospheric conditions. EMI can come in 'slow pulses'....... and if the sampling of each channel is too fast...... you will not catch the slow/loud pulses of EMI. Manticore LONG PRESS completely captures this....... and adjusts accordingly.
February 04, 2023 02:52AM
Tom,
No sorry typo it was a nickel not a dime. I had dime in my head because I pulled one from a heavy iron infested sites prior to posting about the nickel test.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2023 02:55AM by Abenson.
February 04, 2023 03:29PM
Tom, would the Deus 2 and Legend also hit the wheat pennies at 11.2". Or would the emi cause them to loose depth like the Equinox.
February 04, 2023 05:07PM
I have a question for you Tom on which program would be best suited for a hunt. I'm headed out Sunday to hunt a park/courthouse area, the old courthouse was torn down and nails are scattered everywhere and deep. Along with that is the usual park trash found where folks gather and picnic. Would I have an advantage using All Terrain Fast over using All Terrain HC and bumping up my recover speed to 6 or 7. Is the AT Fast using weighted frequencies which allow it to unmask better in iron vs ATHC with a higher recovery speed? This will be the first dirt hunt for me with the Manticore as I have been using it at freshwater beach since I got it, thank you for any info your able to share.
February 05, 2023 12:02AM
Andrew. Ok. Good! Apples-to-apples!
I understand your preference with the different tones.

Rick =
Legend: No.
Deus-2: 'probably'. This is also to say...... the Deus-2 'might' have found a target or two.... that the Manticore may not find. AND..... the Manticore may find a couple of targets that the Deus-2 may not find. In some areas..... these two units may be neck-to-neck.

Dan..... of all the different Modes the Manticore has: I would be most interested in only 2 of the Modes...... in your (given) conditions: All Terrain High Conductors..... and: All Terrain Low Conductors. . . . . . . . and for (possibly) unsuspecting reasons.
AT High Conductors would be my FIRST choice....... with a Recovery Speed of '3'.
BUT........ does AT Low Conductors present lower-or-higher EMI. This is first priority.
Another consideration is......... there may be a certain type of nail......at a certain decomposition status...... whereby...... AT Low Conductors may present a somewhat cleaner/clearer audio report........with possibly slightly less iron falsing.
The mild iron nail falsing that Manticore may present in High Conductors Mode......is 'learnable' , yet...... if you are just starting your maiden voyage with MC....... Low Conductors Mode in carpets of nails may be a slightly better choice.
Again..... a Recovery Speed of 3 (or 4) will perform surprisingly well. If you get into HIGH VOLUME targets...... simply slow down your sweep-speed by 1/2. This may surprise you.
February 05, 2023 12:28AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Andrew. Ok. Good! Apples-to-apples!
> I understand your preference with the different to
> nes.
>
> Rick =
> Legend: No.
> Deus-2: 'probably'. This is also to say...... th
> e Deus-2 'might' have found a target or two.... th
> at the Manticore may not find. AND..... the Mantic
> ore may find a couple of targets that the Deus-2 m
> ay not find. In some areas..... these two units ma
> y be neck-to-neck.
>
> Dan..... of all the different Modes the Manticore
> has: I would be most interested in only 2 of the M
> odes...... in your (given) conditions: All Terrain
> High Conductors..... and: All Terrain Low Conducto
> rs. . . . . . . . and for (possibly) unsuspecting
> reasons.
> AT High Conductors would be my FIRST choice.......
> with a Recovery Speed of '3'.
> BUT........ does AT Low Conductors present lower-o
> r-higher EMI. This is first priority.
> Another consideration is......... there may be a c
> ertain type of nail......at a certain decompositio
> n status...... whereby...... AT Low Conductors may
> present a somewhat cleaner/clearer audio report...
> .....with possibly slightly less iron falsing.
> The mild iron nail falsing that Manticore may pres
> ent in High Conductors Mode......is 'learnable' ,
> yet...... if you are just starting your maiden voy
> age with MC....... Low Conductors Mode in carpets
> of nails may be a slightly better choice.
> Again..... a Recovery Speed of 3 (or 4) will perfo
> rm surprisingly well. If you get into HIGH VOLUME
> targets...... simply slow down your sweep-speed by
> 1/2. This may surprise you.

Thank you Tom for the response. I will try both modes tomorrow and see which one handles the nails and EMI the best.
February 05, 2023 03:56AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Andrew........ you changed the conditions!!! You u
> sed a Dime now..... instead of a Nickel??? That W
> ILL give completely different results!!!
> The Manticore should do better in 2-bar dirt......
> once it unthaws!
>
> CTGoldman........ Yes. LONG PRESS of the Noise Can
> cel feature on Manticore allows for the unit to ac
> quire a true aggregate of the actual conditions...
> ... and apply the correct Noise Cancel channel.
> The EQX auto Noise Cancel takes a very short snaps
> hot of each channel........and may not capture the
> true varying atmospheric conditions. EMI can come
> in 'slow pulses'....... and if the sampling of eac
> h channel is too fast...... you will not catch the
> slow/loud pulses of EMI. Manticore LONG PRESS comp
> letely captures this....... and adjusts accordingl
> y.

Tom - Thanks for the additional info on Long Press Noise Cancel.
February 05, 2023 03:57AM
Tom - Thanks for the additional info on Long Press Noise Cancel.
February 05, 2023 01:56PM
The D2 has the "puck" that with a 14.00 adapter allows me to attach headphones that suit my hearing, I can put it in my shirt pocket or rain coat and swing away. Same with the EQ 800. What is happening with iron on the Mcore reminds me of the CZ3D and how it loved nails. While things have changed greatly since the era of the 3D It appears from what I see on videos you can adjust your iron limits but the nails seem to fall in an area that if you block it you will lose other desirable targets. I canceled my order with my dealer. I'm sure will make the guy behind me happy but will reconsider purchasing one later after all the hype is done and the two issues are addressed. I could have gotten one from Cabela's but I was not going to pay 1599 plus 8% sales tax when dealer offered to me at a price I will not disclose as it beat the military discount being given. No good if he doesn't have them in stock! 99% of my hunting is beach and so far in real world signal comparisons with a friend who has the Mcore it has not found anything my D2 can't see including a gold chain found in the wet sand. EMI may come into play when the season opens but right now its not an issue. I run mine a little sparky and have to watch coil control. Like the feel of the Mcore but beaches within 60 miles both ways are full of trash that has been pulled down from towel line to the surf line at low tide. Hard to justify spending that amount to find pop tabs and bottle caps when I have 3 great beach machines already

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2023 01:57PM by ShovelNose.
February 07, 2023 01:51AM
Not my video. Good video here with Manticore doing its thing on some very challenged deeper coins.
Enjoy.
New Manticore owners I suggest you watch this video.

[m.youtube.com]
February 07, 2023 03:27AM
Great example(s)..... captured on video.
Thanks for linking/sharing TNSS.
February 07, 2023 01:26PM
Great video...Wish he had said more about his settings.
February 07, 2023 01:42PM
I ‘m going to guess its his Silver Shooter program, he has a video up on his channel on how to set it up thumbs down

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2023 02:20PM by DJW-OR.