Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE
September 17, 2022 05:13PM
Greater transmit power related to EMI reduction. Is that part of the M-Core's secret to EMI reduction? Tied into the 50% more transmit power bullet point?
September 18, 2022 04:49PM
Tom is there anything you can say about in what ways Ferrous Limits compares with the previous Iron Bias setting?
September 19, 2022 12:05AM
Daniel....... yes....partially.

thetacritical. Probably a better thing for me to do is say:
In the detecting World....... there's two primary (distinct) types of iron =
1. Iron implements such as nails, barbed wire, staples.....etc........
2. Sheet iron. (Sheet steel & tin). [[[ Even steel bottlecaps are categorized as 'sheet steel' ]]].
We have known this for decades. But...............What is important is: Both (differing) types of iron....... present a fairly dramatic ElectroMagnetic signature delta/differential.
September 19, 2022 02:02AM
NASA-TOM, if you were putting your own hard earned cash into a new detector today would you choose a Deus 2 or a manticore?
September 19, 2022 02:40AM
If we can get two more things completed........ it would be the Manticore........by far.
As time progresses........ I will give VERY definitive reasons: "why".

And....... upon release of MC.,.,.,.,.,.,. I am going to do things differently this time.
When we released Equinox...... I bit my tongue for nearly 2-years.....,,,,,,,......to see if the GP could 'peak performance' the EQX......on their own behalf. To my surprise...... it did not happen.....(in most cases). A much larger percentile of folks ...stay right at (or very close to) Factory Presets. EQX Factory Presets are very conservative.
With the MC........this go-around...will be different.

MC is a VERY complex unit; yet, ingeniously contrived into a homogeneous K.I.S.S.-based platform. (You CAN have both).
JCR
September 19, 2022 01:35PM
NASA Tom, I'm very glad to know that you intend to be more open about teaching others who want to get peak performance with the Manticore and that you will be allowed to. This type of training/insight is what has been missing(inexplicably restricted by Dimitar) with the Tarsacci MDT 8000.
Most here are not your average hobby detectorist and enjoy the technical/performance aspect as much as making good finds. This in turn helps drive improvements across all serious manufacturers in offering Flagship level detectors. Thank you.

Chris
September 19, 2022 06:12PM
NASA Tom,

In one of the videos of the MC it's mentioned by the tester that, in the 2 dimensional VDI display, that the upper part of Y-axis (iron portion) was commensurate with the EQX component known as "Fe" (I think he said total iron???), while the bottom 2D Y-axis area was commensurate of the "F2" settings of the EQX. (Maybe vice versa on the positive or negative Y axis.. but you get the point). I am assuming that the 0-99 Iron VDI will be displayed on the upper Y axis and the negative, -1 to -99, of course being on the lower axis. Can you elaborate on which groups of iron would be in either group and maybe how that distinction was separate in the EQX, (but yet effective). I am trying to grasp how the F2 and the Fe differ, and how this translates now to a detector with both "Fe" and "F2" being simultaneously displayed....is one an average of the signal or a weighted correlation or something of the like? It looks very exciting to me, as does the ability to explore expansive tone / audio options.

If you can't comment currently, I understand completely.

Jason J.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2022 01:08AM by reddirtdigger.
September 19, 2022 11:36PM
Tom, in the latest video the engineer stated that the MC would equal the CTX on silver in inert soil. My question is,how will the MC as compared to the CTX do in my bad Alabama soil?I don't think you've tested inland yet but maybe one of the other testers can help. Thanks, BamaJoe
September 20, 2022 02:42AM
Jason....... that is correct.
The top line is Fe.
The bottom line is F2.
The center line...is the non-ferrous region.
This is all that I am willing/able to elaborate on.....thus far. Simply/merely restating what Mark Lawrie has publicly presented.

Joe. Manticore is a M-IQ based platform. EQX is also a M-IQ based platform. Similar lateritic/iron-oxide soil handling abilities.
September 21, 2022 03:28PM
Hi Tom. Are you able to say yet whether the WM-08 module from the EQX is compatible with the Manticore? This was asked further back in the thread but I'm unsure if you missed it or was unable to divulge (which we understand). Thanks!
September 21, 2022 08:57PM
Tim......... not yet.
September 21, 2022 09:37PM
If the M-Cort is no better than my CTX in my bad soil, then I want need one.Simple as that..Save $1599.
Polyphonic audio
October 02, 2022 12:47PM
Hi Tom,

Will you elaborate on the polyphonic audio and benefits to the user?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
October 04, 2022 02:32AM
Gonebeepin'......... I'm not ready (yet) to start giving more info on MC.
I'll certainly holler when I can start sharing more data.
October 08, 2022 05:36PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we can get two more things completed........ it would be the Manticore........by far.
> As time progresses........ I will give VERY definitive reasons: "why".
>

Down to one thing to complete? Zero things to complete? Or ? smiling smiley
October 08, 2022 08:56PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If we can get two more things completed........
> it would be the Manticore........by far.
> > As time progresses........ I will give VERY defi
> nitive reasons: "why".
> >
>
> Down to one thing to complete? Zero things to com
> plete? Or ? smiling smiley

I am curious about the same thing, Cal... smiling smiley

Steve
October 10, 2022 12:30AM
Does anybody have any more YouTube videos on the Manticore?
October 10, 2022 12:52PM
BamaJoe....... The MC is still a M-IQ based Operating System... platform; yet, there are a couple of things (electronic architect) that are performed differently with M-IQ+. This WILL make a difference with bad dirt; yet, .....to what extent....is unknown (variable) due to individual-locale dirt conditions.

Brian & Steve....... I may be able to 'better' answer this (your) question........ in about a week.

Kingfish....... yes. I too...... am shocked to NOT see a flurry of additional YouTube videos on MC. Everything came to an abrupt halt. Looks like the project is dead. But................. the exact opposite is true.

The amount of brainpower going into MC is collaboratively & collectively more 'intense' than any other project.... than ever before. 10X.
One thing we DON'T want is........... when MC is released.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., then a dozen of software upgrades come out immediately.... in a very short period of time.....directly after release: to "correct & improve" whatever. ---We DON'T want that! We want to: do it right, the first time.
And with that being said................................. MC has SO much more going on.,.,., behind the scenes (electronic software........microprocessor)...... that.... a lot more adherence to attention-to-detail within the embodiment of 'engineering controls' MUST be imposed-and-employed.

(((All is healthy))).
October 10, 2022 02:20PM
Now THAT sounds promising. Some people are sitting back waiting and watching for things to settle to determine whether to buy one. I'm hoping to be one of the first guinea pigs haha. I'm ready.
October 10, 2022 08:11PM
NASA-Tom -- THANKS for the info.

And more specifically, very interested to hear the answer, to Cal's (and my) question, when available.

Steve
October 11, 2022 01:49PM
Tom, Thanks! Your answers carry the final weight. When the time comes, I would like to know your comparison between the Tarsacci and the Manticore. This would be the ultimate tell all. Also, what does it take to get you to talk about the Legend? Please!!!
JCR
October 11, 2022 03:52PM
Same here.

Chris
October 12, 2022 06:54PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Now THAT sounds promising. Some people are sittin
> g back waiting and watching for things to settle t
> o determine whether to buy one. I'm hoping to be
> one of the first guinea pigs haha. I'm ready.

Same here, pre-order #1 w/my dealer smiling smiley

I like what I see so far, looking forward to swinging it.
October 12, 2022 08:27PM
HEEEYYYY-----Another "Guinea Pig"----uhhh----I mean FIRST RESPONDER!!-----I'm jokin, I'm jokin! smiling smileyCal_cobra Wrote:
> Daniel Tn Wrote:
> -----
> > Now THAT sounds promising. Some people are sitt
> in
> > g back waiting and watching for things to settle
> t
> > o determine whether to buy one. I'm hoping to b
> e
> > one of the first guinea pigs haha. I'm ready.
>
>
> Same here, pre-order #1 w/my dealer smiling smiley
>
> I like what I see so far, looking forward to swing
> ing it.
October 12, 2022 10:37PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Daniel Tn Wrote:
> -----
> > Now THAT sounds promising. Some people are sitt
> in
> > g back waiting and watching for things to settle
> t
> > o determine whether to buy one. I'm hoping to b
> e
> > one of the first guinea pigs haha. I'm ready.
>
>
> Same here, pre-order #1 w/my dealer smiling smiley
>
> I like what I see so far, looking forward to swing
> ing it.

Got my name near the front of my dealer's list, also, Cal. Maybe we can help each other out, with the learning curve smiling smiley

Steve
October 12, 2022 11:49PM
Sure. I will be painfully honest with the comparison between the Tarsacci and the Manti. There's been a lot of requests for this. , . , . , . in public....and in private.

As far as the Nokta/Makro Legend goes...... I just don't want the be the bearer-of-bad-news. I was hoping calabash or TNSS would 'discover'.........and 'video'...........and post. calabash has the ideal dirt conditions to ---most easily--- properly 'express' the anomaly. (((Nine rapid software updates/fixes ...did not 'resolve'))).
October 13, 2022 01:38AM
NASA-Tom, I want to ask you another question that I am sure you can't answer, yet, but just to get it out there for when you can.

Relating back to FBS units (specifically the Explorer and E-Trac), where you could set your machine's audio to cue from EITHER the Ferrous numbers, OR the Conductive numbers (and which would require a different mindset, and different setup of the unit to most effectively utilize whichever of those two sound profiles you were using), will the "polyphonic audio" offered by the M-Core be, loosely, essentially having the "ferrous audio" in one ear, and the "conductive audio" in the other -- i.e., to use "FBS terminology," running "Ferrous Tones" and "Conductive Tones" simultaneously? There was no way to "do both," at the same time, on the Explorers, or the E-Trac.

The CTX DID introduce this, at least to a limited degree -- i.e. the "combined tones" option. However, I never used "combined" tones on the CTX -- because I like to utilize all 35 of the available conductive tones. And to run "combined" on the CTX, you can only assign FOUR conductive-tone "bins" (plus your "ferrous" bin). And I did NOT want to set up the unit to only give me four "bins" of conductive tones.

I would have ABSOLUTELY used "combined tones" on the CTX if I could have used the full 35 conductive tones for any target falling above my chosen Ferrous line, and, ideally, the full 50 ferrous tones (or at least a few "bins" of ferrous tones) below my chosen Ferrous line. BUT -- limiting me to only 4 conductive tone bins was a "no-go" for me, DESPITE how much I liked the concept.

I'm HOPING that with the polyphonic audio on the M-Core, I can essentially set up the unit to do something like what I am saying -- full ferrous tones in one ear, and full conductive tones in the other...

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2022 01:44AM by steveg.
October 13, 2022 06:09AM
You only live once smiling smiley

D&P-OR Wrote:
> HEEEYYYY-----Another "Guinea Pig"----uhhh----I mea
> n FIRST RESPONDER!!-----I'm jokin, I'm jokin! smiling smileyCa
> l_cobra Wrote:
> -----
> > Daniel Tn Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Now THAT sounds promising. Some people are si
> tt
> > in
> > > g back waiting and watching for things to sett
> le
> > t
> > > o determine whether to buy one. I'm hoping to
> b
> > e
> > > one of the first guinea pigs haha. I'm ready.
> >
> >
> > Same here, pre-order #1 w/my dealer smiling smiley
> >
> > I like what I see so far, looking forward to swi
> ng
> > ing it.
October 13, 2022 07:27AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Sure. I will be painfully honest with the comparis
> on between the Tarsacci and the Manti. There's bee
> n a lot of requests for this. , . , . , . in publi
> c....and in private.
>
> As far as the Nokta/Makro Legend goes...... I just
> don't want the be the bearer-of-bad-news. I was ho
> ping calabash or TNSS would 'discover'.........and
> 'video'...........and post. calabash has the ideal
> dirt conditions to ---most easily--- properly 'exp
> ress' the anomaly. (((Nine rapid software updates/
> fixes ...did not 'resolve'))).

Why not be the bearer of bad news? With the reputation of those two in some circles, it would be seen as nonsense or mudslinging. I am extremely interested in your enigmatic statement.
I for the most part enjoy both of their videos, just don't care for the bashing of other detector brands.
Regards,
Chad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2022 07:29AM by cddz.
October 13, 2022 08:54AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Sure. I will be painfully honest with the comparis
> on between the Tarsacci and the Manti. There's bee
> n a lot of requests for this. , . , . , . in publi
> c....and in private.
>
> As far as the Nokta/Makro Legend goes...... I just
> don't want the be the bearer-of-bad-news. I was ho
> ping calabash or TNSS would 'discover'.........and
> 'video'...........and post. calabash has the ideal
> dirt conditions to ---most easily--- properly 'exp
> ress' the anomaly. (((Nine rapid software updates/
> fixes ...did not 'resolve'))).

I have done zero depth tests with Legend and as such have reported zero data. I have noticed viz Calabsh test garden videos. Legend doesn't like coil on the ground or being extremely close to ground, rather likes quite a bit of air gap. Also notice Legend ID on deeper targets swings all the way down to bottom or very very near bottom of iron range. Again this noticed in Calabashntest garden (via video) where his ground is extremely mild. Don't worry Markeitng says there are no problems with Legend. Evidently someone else besides me thinks differently. I have pointed out some shortcomings with Legend as well. And recorded these on video both using elevated air testing and targets in the wild. Shortcoming I am referring to is Legend falls short when user is seeking higher conducive targets in lower conductive modern trash. Well short of Equinox and Deus 2' Etrac and other FBS/fbs2 SMF units.