Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F19

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F19
August 31, 2022 12:12AM
Been wanting to try a Teknetics G2 or a Fisher Gold Bug but the new ones were a little over my budget and couldn't find a used one. I bought a Fisher F-19 with a NEL Sharpshooter coil at a good price from Richard at Backwoods Detectors (great guy by the way), I am thinking that it should be similar to the G2 and the Gold Bug, I'm a coin & jewelry hunter and this should be a good one for that type of detecting.
Re: Fisher F19
August 31, 2022 01:06AM
Yes same machine Steve but tad more depth vs those.Since you dont have to use disc setting for tone break but an actual tone break so the machine is left on zero disc for maximum depth then you slide tone break.its small gain but still a gain.

Plus you will have a notch option the gold bug and G2 does not have.Disc up to zinc then open up a nickle window, sort of cool to do for flash money hunting.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 31, 2022 09:44AM
They say the new Time Ranger same machine but cool to see FT/ Bounty Hunter bring the Time Ranger back even if in name only as different than the original machine.
Ole' Del likes them F19s too.
August 31, 2022 10:17AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They say the new Time Ranger same machine but cool
> to see FT/ Bounty Hunter bring the Time Ranger bac
> k even if in name only as different than the origi
> nal machine.
> Ole' Del likes them F19s too.

Glad to hear that Del likes them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2022 06:36PM by SkiWhiz.
August 31, 2022 10:18AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yes same machine Steve but tad more depth vs thos
> e.Since you dont have to use disc setting for tone
> break but an actual tone break so the machine is l
> eft on zero disc for maximum depth then you slide
> tone break.its small gain but still a gain.
>
> Plus you will have a notch option the gold bug and
> G2 does not have.Disc up to zinc then open up a ni
> ckle window, sort of cool to do for flash money hu
> nting.
>
> Keith

Thanks for the info Keith I appreciate it.
August 31, 2022 10:29AM
The target ID is also very good on the F19, great detector for trashy areas with the 5x10 DD coil.
September 02, 2022 05:19PM
Yeah F19/G2+ are really great machine's.

I wish they would of gave us some more gain at least till it starts to chatter .I run mine on wide open sens usually about everywhere.I'd like to see it start to get sparky about 95 sens and then above that really come alive.

Or give it a boost mode like T2/F75.

Ill tell you the real sleeper from FTP..The Patriot/F70 though I prefer the patriot since it comes with 11 Bi axial and for less money than F70..its pure old school original F75 type raw power.It has the unique ability to set it to slow reaction mode and with the small 5 inch coil youll be able to run gain wide open while in slow and the depth it can get in iron sites is unreal.And I like you can set up some saved programs for say modern trash and iron unmasking.Its a real sleeper unit!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 02, 2022 08:59PM
Yes I agree with Keith, the Patriot is great in the iron and when you get into more open areas it will get awesome depth, and it doesn't suffer from EMI very much in my experience with it. One of my favorites.
September 02, 2022 09:51PM
G2/F19 platform is such a sweetheart to use. I gifted a G2 to my 10 yr old neice and have found a novice can quickly take to the simple, zippy audio. She sets the disc on 40, turns the sensitivity up and can more than hold her own. The memory of her dropping a trime in my hand is one of my most cherished detecting memories.
September 07, 2022 10:23PM
My F19 was a beast. I personally feel that the F19/G2 is the best machine offered by 1st Texas. I agree with Keith that the gain should be increased. I ran mine at 100% all the time and it was super quiet. I like to know that I'm using the max power on most machines. But felt the F19 had/has more to give. I dug nickels at 10 inches easy. Just ask Bill S. I found 2 Buffalo's below the grass mat in a tot lot that had to be 10 inches plus. I'm looking for a good used one as we speak.....
Here is a little video I made on the F19 [youtu.be]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2022 10:38PM by khouse.
September 07, 2022 10:59PM
khouse Wrote:
> My F19 was a beast. I personally feel that the F1
> 9/G2 is the best machine offered by 1st Texas. I
> agree with Keith that the gain should be increased
> . I ran mine at 100% all the time and it was supe
> r quiet. I like to know that I'm using the max po
> wer on most machines. But felt the F19 had/has mo
> re to give. I dug nickels at 10 inches easy. Jus
> t ask Bill S. I found 2 Buffalo's below the grass
> mat in a tot lot that had to be 10 inches plus. I
> 'm looking for a good used one as we speak.....
> Here is a little video I made on the F19 https://
> youtu.be/k8szX8rwOVg
Thanks Kenny, very informative video.
JCR
September 08, 2022 01:35AM
A informative & well done video. I'm glad to know about your YouTube channel. Thanks.

Chris
September 08, 2022 02:16AM
JCR Wrote:
> A informative & well done video. I'm glad to know
> about your YouTube channel. Thanks.
Thank you!
September 08, 2022 02:17AM
Thanks!
September 08, 2022 12:22PM
I agree about the F70…still have mine… sorta cool how you can run sens. High and turn negative Theshold!
September 08, 2022 01:44PM
Someone mentioned looking for an F19; brought up a question. Where's "the place" to go to look for used detectors now days? eBay use to be a great source but since the $600 tax reporting thing, it seems like there's no where near as many detectors and such listed as what there used to be...and hardly any of what is listed, is listed for a good deal.
September 08, 2022 04:33PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Someone mentioned looking for an F19; brought up a
> question. Where's "the place" to go to look for u
> sed detectors now days? eBay use to be a great so
> urce but since the $600 tax reporting thing, it se
> ems like there's no where near as many detectors a
> nd such listed as what there used to be...and hard
> ly any of what is listed, is listed for a good dea
> l.
Treasure classifieds
Not used as much as it used to but I see recent postings
September 08, 2022 07:59PM
Yes the F19 needs a little more juice.yet the 13 ultimate can take it quite deep and the high freq keeps it hot to small stuff at depth.

If a person has the G2+/F19/ TRP (Time Ranger Pro) I wouldn't rush out to get another unit to serve you better till I explored the different coil combinations.

Especially if you have the F19 as it comes with the best coil (5x10) for most hunting conditions as stock.It has separation of the 5 inch and close to depth of Bi-Axial .Really no need for the 5 inch coil or the bi-axial..just complement it with a 13 ultimate and the package is complete.

Whereas the G2+ and TRP would need a 5" added then the 13 ultimate to cover hunting package.

Here's something I know for a fact as I've seen it too many times that its not coincidence.

The F19 5x10 combo is the best Indian cent getter I've encountered. almost to a point where its eerie.Hunted out sites and sites I've hunted with tons of units if its full of iron house site of the right period the combo will nab a injun.UNCANNY!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 08, 2022 10:30PM
Keith where did you have your tone break set at those type sites?
September 09, 2022 12:06AM
According to my ground moisture I set it anywhere from 37-40. never above 40.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2022 12:07AM by Keith Southern.