Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F19 question

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F19 question
September 24, 2022 08:38AM
Was wondering if there is any way to change the pinpoint volume on the F19, I know that the volume is modulated but it is very loud.
Re: Fisher F19 question
September 24, 2022 03:50PM
No, it's set by software.
October 04, 2022 04:19PM
Hey Carl on the F19/G2+/Time ranger Pro if you bypassed the switch on the potentiometer to activate all metal so when it clicked it didnt activate all metal but still turned up the threshold with the same potentiometer would it increase the sparkiness of the machine in disc mode?

I ask cause on a tesoro and a few others turning up the threshold will cause the disc mode to get chatty.

Was wondering if the switch was out of the circuit but increasing the threshold would it cause a change in disc mode?

I started to disconnect it and see but if you have an answer it would save me soldering time.

thanks

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 04:19PM by Keith Southern.
October 04, 2022 09:48PM
If that avenue doesn't pan out, I once tried fooling around with the internal pot on a GBP... I was able to increase air tests on coins by 4" easy... but way too chatty, unusable except to drive you crazy. This pot also seemed to change ground balance and ID of coins (both lower). I believe from memory, a penny hit at 76 stock... my final end point was getting a penny to register 74 and believe I ran at 99 instead of 100, as 100 was chatty (again, all from memory)...

Once I got an F19, it seemed just as hot as with my tweak on GBP , so I never fooled with the pot (if there is one) in F19. Guessing there is and probably same result...

If you decide to try adjusting pot, make a mark where it is stock, take note of GB number and what a certain coin registers as ID... that way you can get it back to stock if you need to. My final adjustment was just a hair clockwise, maybe, haha... I always thought the factory pot adjustment maybe was the difference in a "hot" machine, normal or a dud... What that pot is actually for in the circuit would be interesting to know :-)
October 04, 2022 10:51PM
Hey Nudge.That may very well be the Ground balance point for disc mode your messing with.Sort of like on the Lobo St the ground balance works for all metal and the disc is factory set via internal pot .

I've alway's had an idea the Disc mode Ground balance is factory set on the the Gold Bug's.cause moving the ground balance around in all metal seems not to do much to the disc mode.And if it does move any in disc manually doing it in all metal its seems limited at best.

You can usually tell a internal ground balance pot by how close it is to where the coil wires solder to the board.its usually the first VR after they connect to the board if it has one.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 10:53PM by Keith Southern.
October 05, 2022 03:54AM
Keith, I've never tried that so I don't know. I would expect that engaging the Disc mode uses a preset threshold level but maybe not, maybe it uses the current threshold which happens to be minimum when Disc mode is engaged. I had a GB-Pro open on the bench last week, if I go back in I'll give it a try.

Nudge, that internal pot is indeed the GB trimmer.
October 06, 2022 12:01AM
Thanks for the Info Carl!

Let me know if you get the chance!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 07, 2022 12:05AM
Keith, I gave it a try. Sorry to say, it appears that Disc mode uses a preset threshold level. I separated the Disc switch but saw no performance difference vs threshold level in Disc mode. Good thought, tho.
October 07, 2022 08:08PM
Ahh Ok ..Well shoot!!

Thank's for taking the time to check it out much appreciated!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla