Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom D. & Keith Southern

Posted by mrb1268 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom D. & Keith Southern
October 05, 2022 02:53AM
As of current day,what are your detecting arsenals , primary and backups...including shovels and or sand scoop(s).
Thanks in advance!
Re: Tom D. & Keith Southern
October 05, 2022 11:02PM
Manticore.

Stealth 920iX with carbon fiber shaft.
ACE Lifetime Garden shovel.
October 06, 2022 12:00AM
My main unit for everyday is a T2.Although I jump around alot I keep a T2 ALWAYS ready to go.It just plain works and gets 90 percent of what is there. rest of the time I'm using HF units for unmasking the hardest of targets.

Backups well about everything under the sun Sometimes in double so I dont have to change coils just grab machine with coil size I need..I dont have anything rare or stuff I havent already talked about so backups are just whatever I want to swing or think will give and edge.Like say a sovereign for a certain trashy site full of big iron buts fresh and not hunted yet.I want to get the big stuff out first.like buckles and high coins.then worlkon it slower with iron sifter units.

But If I could only have one metal detector it would be T2.if I could have Two it would be a T2 and a Vista X.

Shovels=1944 Ames Entrenching tool 95% of the time and a Drain spade for deep soft dirt sites.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 06, 2022 11:30AM
Wow!!..way cool and very interesting!
October 06, 2022 10:01PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Manticore.
>
> Stealth 920iX with carbon fiber shaft.
> ACE Lifetime Garden shovel.

Only the Manticore is left? Very telling.
October 07, 2022 09:11PM
I'm surprised that the Tarsacci MDT 8000 wasn't mentioned. Is the Manticore that good?
October 08, 2022 03:23AM
Sniff>Sniff did someone open a can of sardines?
October 08, 2022 06:45AM
I surely thought at least one of the XP products would have made the cut.
October 08, 2022 11:54AM
Keith you keep a Nautilus around for nostalgic reasons if nothing else?
October 08, 2022 11:57AM
Wow Keith, after all the detectors you have reviewed and tested over the years your go to is a good ole T2, that's something, smiling smiley I'm gonna get me one for the naily spots now.
October 11, 2022 12:13PM
I guess Ole' Kieth Southern don't use a Nauty anymore, LOL! My shoulder can not swing one myself these days even with whites rod set-up that and the thinner coils going bad and state of company made me shy away. But the original thicker coil ones Jerry made were killer in my moderate ground anyway. I think Tom has one in his collection?
October 14, 2022 05:23PM
Dang! I got big timed again , LOL!
October 14, 2022 06:06PM
Deus 2, extreme titanium scoop with shark skin carbon fiber shaft. Predator shovel.
October 14, 2022 10:02PM
How is that Extreme Titanium scoop. It has to be so light.
October 15, 2022 03:08AM
Yes the extreme titanium scoop is like a feather. I absolutely love it.