Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Iron Bias/Iron Filter

Posted by JCR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JCR
Iron Bias/Iron Filter
October 31, 2022 04:44PM
How do detector engineers make this work? Why is it only utilized with SMF tech? Why does the Equinox have 2 types? Do you optimize across the board or does SMF frequency weighting choice have an effect?
The addition of an adjustable Iron Filter on my Legend was a noticeable performance improvement. I normally set it on the low end(2.1) and have no trouble IDing any Iron falses. If I set it to bare minimum is this equivalent to how a Single frequency detector would behave?

Chris
Re: Iron Bias/Iron Filter
October 31, 2022 07:50PM
I believe XP uses a silencer setting on their single frequency detectors to help deal with iron infestation, it is comparable to iron bias is it not?
JCR
November 01, 2022 01:17AM
I think XP's Silencer setting is just that, a form of Iron bias. Bottle Cap reject too. What is the difference between the two. Why is this on both Deus I & Deus II? How is Single frequency vs SMF implementation different?

Chris
November 01, 2022 06:16PM
There are two differing, large, distinct areas of iron ...... and subsequent discrimination: Nails......... and sheet steel. Each one of these requires/imposes totally different ID (and subsequent: discrimination)....... in order to properly ID & discriminate. In most cases...... most Mfr's 'lump' together nails & sheet steel.....on their units. . . . . . and homogenize their discrimination into one control. This is crude/rudimentary methodology; yet, somewhat functional.