Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found something on the Legend that makes separation Incredible

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found something on the Legend that makes separation Incredible
November 27, 2022 10:56PM
Use:

Park or Field

Disc Pattern: F, notch foil if you don't want it or C

M2 or M3

Tone Break 1, this is what makes the separation incredible. For some reason Tone Break is affecting separation.

Iron Filter 1, Stability 4

Try it out. This make the Legend separation as good as anything.
JCR
Re: Found something on the Legend that makes separation Incredible
November 28, 2022 01:30AM
Are you not getting the same response in M1 or the single frequencies?

Chris
JCR
November 28, 2022 02:16AM
Since TID of 1 is a Ground response number, I'm wondering if this behavior in know/intended by Nokta. Or is it related to the anomaly/demodulation issue NASA Tom reported. Very interesting observation.

Chris
November 28, 2022 02:37AM
M1 not separating as well. Single frequencies won't make a peep.

This is the test I used.
Test by Rick Covert, on Flickr
December 01, 2022 02:25PM
There is surely something going on with the tone break…..I was dealing with the penny/dime issue whereby not clearly telling by neither tone nor number in many cases what I would be digging up…..Running 4 tones, I adjusted the last tone break to 45 rather than 40….This was a setting close to where dimes and pennies were reading close to the same…..The numbers didn’t change when hitting a target, but the tone woulld jump quickly back and forth between a higher and lower tone when I was over a dime….On a penny it was one tone, no jumping…..I can now differentiate between dimes and pennies…..I’m wondering now how many other targets will be affected by simple tone break adjustments….Here’s an example from Rick….A big improvement!…..Jim
December 01, 2022 03:00PM
Good observation Rick!

Probably the Visual is averaged while the audio feed is non gated which we know on the bleedy blendy audio on the Nok/Maks to be true.

Unlike on say a F75 or T2 etc the audio is gated and in sync with the Visual.

An At-Pro can exhibit audio at time's that is not in Sync with the ID number yet it's not as free flowing audio as a Nokta.So not as noticeable.

I've alway's wanted a Visual ID system to match an ungated audio feed in say a color scheme like you see on a computer program that you can use to visualize music tones as a song play's.An audio spectrum graph.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
JCR
December 01, 2022 07:47PM
I'm sure Rick was making his observation based on first tone break at 10 vs 1. The Factory Tone Break of 10 is not the best for separation/un masking. Drop it back to 8,7 or 6 and The Legend performs noticeably better. I don't think going all the way down to 1 gives any extra benefit that I could see. This is for working in nails/small iron trash. synthnut's observation of this behavior on the other Tone Breaks for higher conductors is important also.
I think Keith's logic of the why this is happening is probably correct but I don't feel the Legend audio is as open & free as past models like the Anfibio. It seems less blendy/bleedy but 60 Tone is very good & intelligent.

Chris
December 01, 2022 11:47PM
Thank you for your observations with Tone Break. Winter for me now and I'm anxious to use the Legend with better separation.

I will try increasing Tone Break and see how it works so I can hear some iron. Nails do start breaking up at tone break 6.

There is more to the Legend to make it better. Hopefully in the next update.
cjc
December 04, 2022 02:56AM
sounds to me like you are just balancing the signal up high enough so that the iron is not messing with it. cjc