Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Things come in twos..

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Things come in twos..
December 01, 2022 05:09PM
Big announcement from ML today!

Minelab will be making an announcement today and the internet is a-buzz on what it could be!

Here are just some of the wild speculations that are permeating social media:

-A new pin-pointer. Makes sense because at the time of the Nox announcement, they also introduced two pin pointers. Many in the community feel that the ML pro-find 15 and 35 fell below expectations. Could it be a PP that is modernized to work with the manti?

-An update for the Nox providing a 2-d screen. This pipe dream is a wish by many who don't want to drop 1.6K plus on a new machine. The Magic 8 ball says "Outlook not so good"

-A new GPZ gold machine. This to me seems to be the most probable! The gold community has been holding it's breath for a new gold machine from ML and now is the time to provide one. Will it have Multi IQ2, a 2D screen, and updated sleek design? Who knows! We will find out today!

Stay tuned!

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
Re: Things come in twos..
December 01, 2022 05:28PM
Axiom is shipping and looking very good. ML needs something to fend off the onslaught. that's my guess....
December 01, 2022 06:06PM
My guess is a new gold machine, but I would prefer a pinpointer...
December 01, 2022 08:40PM
Looks like an equinox 700/ 900

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 01, 2022 08:41PM
The guys on Steve H's forum reckon they've sussed it. There's a publicity flyer for some new headphones - which are compatible with the Mandingo, AND the Equinox 700/900 machines.
December 01, 2022 09:06PM
ML-85

OVERVIEW
Minelab ML-85 headphones use wireless technology to deliver fast, higher quality audio than standard Bluetooth. This results in more precise and faster detection responses. They are compatible for use with EQUINOX 700 and 900 detectors

[www.minelab.com]
December 01, 2022 09:07PM
kwalenciak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ML-85
>
> OVERVIEW
> Minelab ML-85 headphones use wireless technology t
> o deliver fast, higher quality audio than standard
> Bluetooth. This results in more precise and faster
> detection responses. They are compatible for use w
> ith EQUINOX 700 and 900 detectors
>
> [www.minelab.com]

LOL are you kidding me?

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
December 01, 2022 09:08PM
ML-105

OVERVIEW
Minelab ML-105 headphones with premium carry case use wireless technology to deliver fast, higher quality audio than standard Bluetooth. This results in more precise and faster detection responses. They are compatible for use with MANTICORE and EQUINOX 900 detectors.

[www.minelab.com]
December 01, 2022 09:46PM
As already said, it's a new Equinox 700 and 900.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2022 09:50PM by ghound.
December 01, 2022 10:04PM
If indeed ML has taken the similar tech of the NOX and MC and incorporated a 2d screen into the upgraded NOX , it will be an attractive option and will equally completely destroy the resale value of the current NOX detectors out there. Hopefully they would have the decency to offer a trade in option smiling smiley
December 01, 2022 10:17PM
I might be wrong but looks like ML is including a six inch coil in the purchase of a Nox 900. Would be Nice if they did that with the purchase of a Manticore.
December 01, 2022 10:23PM
I think Mandingo coils will be expensive, so no freebies. They will have 'brains' internally, and a CTX-like accelerometer, to determine sweep direction / sweep speed. Plus being built to a tighter spec than the Eqx ones, I assume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2022 10:24PM by Pimento.
December 01, 2022 11:05PM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If indeed ML has taken the similar tech of the NOX
> and MC and incorporated a 2d screen into the upgra
> ded NOX , it will be an attractive option and will
> equally completely destroy the resale value of the
> current NOX detectors out there. Hopefully they wo
> uld have the decency to offer a trade in option smiling smiley

I'm guessing the 2D screen is NOT part of the EQX upgrade. I would guess the carbon-fiber shaft (which fixes the broken coil ears issue, and the "shaft wobble" issue), and possibly put into a more waterproof case (more similar to the Manticore) would be the main things...i.e. fixing what have been the primary complaints over the past few years with the Equinox -- crappy shaft, breaking coil ears, and leaks. These were likely the focus (speculating) of the 700/900. A few additional bells and whistles, such as expanded VDI range, flashlight, etc., are nice touches also. But performance-wise, I would be surprised if they did a whole lot to the EQX. That's what the MC is for.

Anyway, just speculation on my part; I haven't yet seen any info at all on the 700/900 other than a few recently posted tidbits...

Steve

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2022 11:07PM by steveg.
Equinox 900 and 700
December 01, 2022 11:55PM
Hey Steve,

Minelab has the 900 and 700 on their website complete with owners' manual, start up guide and technical specs.

They look just like the manticore until you get to the coil. Same pod type, arm cuff, shaft. Keeping the same coils as the 800 /600. Supposedly getting a redesign on the 11" with a better "ear" system. Rated to 5M depth like the M-core.

Of course the buttons and interface on the pod are different, but you get what i mean.

Looks good for those that won't be dropping $1600 on the manticore. I'm betting the 900 will be $1099.

Have a good one.

UtahRich

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 02, 2022 06:13AM
Rich -- got it! Thanks for that update.

Steve
December 02, 2022 12:27PM
Looks like the Equinox 600 & 800 are on their way out.