Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett Ace Apex questions??

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett Ace Apex questions??
December 02, 2022 08:49PM
I'm kinda interested in getting one but I want any of you guys to chime in that have used one to tell me your thoughts. I'm thinking about selling or trading my Vanquish 540 pro pack in order to get one. I love the Vanquish and hope that I wouldn't be making a mistake getting rid of it for a Apex.
Re: Garrett Ace Apex questions??
December 02, 2022 10:37PM
Morgan..... keep the 540!
December 02, 2022 10:52PM
Unless you are looking for waterproof. Otherwise..... they are both very similar/comparable.
December 02, 2022 11:35PM
Tom I don't think the Apex is waterproof maybe splash proof
December 02, 2022 11:44PM
Morgan.... correct! I meant to say Weatherproof!
December 03, 2022 01:32AM
I wish ther was someone who was close to the area I live that had one for me to test side by side with.
December 03, 2022 08:15PM
The Apex is a nice unit Morgan.But If I had a AT-PRO and Apex sitting side by side I'd grab the AT-Pro.Lot more intuitive audio and seems as deep as the Apex in soil but AT unmask better I feel. maybe if you were salt water hunting it would change things but for inland iron and trash I prefer the AT over the Apex.

I never really got on with the 540 that well, I prefer the 705 to it in that price range of models from Minelab.

The Apex Vs the 540 would be a more linear move than anything for me anyways.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 04, 2022 12:48AM
AT Gold also is a good detector. Separation is surprisingly good. AT Gold has an all metal mode using disc, iron has a high/low tone, non ferrous has a high tone. All metal mode doesn't work well in iron though.

Another detector in that price range is the Xp Orx that's hard to beat.

I don't think the Apex would gain anything over the 540.
December 07, 2022 06:48PM
Keith I never really clicked with the Xterra 705 but I did with the AT-Pro. The Vanquish is a good detector if you give it time it has found me a lot of coins in places that the AT -Pro couldn't find. Rick I had the AT-Gold and I really liked that detector. I just thought that the Apex and me would click after having so many hours on the AT-PRO and AT-GOLD.
December 08, 2022 02:31PM
I have a friend, Kac on Steve's Prospecting Forum. He has an AT Pro and the Apex. He loves them both. He doesn't like the audio so much but you can get used to it. He doesn't for the Xp's and new minelabs.

I would say get the Apex and try it.