Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOX. 700 and 900.??

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NOX. 700 and 900.??
December 04, 2022 12:55PM
Just had a clip come across my phone talking about a new Nox and 700 and 900 series.
On the surface it reminds me of what Fisher did with the F75 tweaking a little bit and rebranding it.
Leading to much confusion and also made the earlier versions pretty much worthless.
I think it even said some of the components wouldn't be compatible , like headphones , that makes no since unless you want to sell more headphones
Re: NOX. 700 and 900.??
December 04, 2022 02:00PM
I've seen a video on the Tube showing the 900. Wow what is up with this marketing approach? Sounds like they took the tech from the Manticore. Has the Manticore body with much more nonferrous numbers and sounds like they may be using the next generation of multi frequency. Could it be that advanced? No price mentioned that I can find. I haven't been in the market for a new md but this stuff makes me wonder if I should be lol.
December 04, 2022 03:33PM
I hope they do the right thing by their customers and offer a trade in rebate towards a 7/9

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
December 04, 2022 03:50PM
gman..... The new ML105 headphones are substantially better (especially from an engineering standpoint ....and warranty return stance). The ML105's express zero latency to the human ear.

The real-World performance of the 700/900......VS.......600/800 is indeed: better. When it comes to technological advancements...... we choose NOT to be stagnant.
The Manticore is yet ANOTHER jump in real-World performance..... with a higher price...... due to tremendous engineering effort/time/labor/innovative/intuitive foray.

Do not stifle advancement! I choose NOT to: "still drive the old Model-T".

Yes...... there are trade-offs. Yet........ we made the 700/900 shaft/hardware/coil-ears: more bulletproof. We've upped the performance. We've upped the waterproofness. And a host of other improvements.
Folks complained about the coil-ears breaking, shaft collar-locks "freezing up"/breaking........ water leaks,,,,, hardware problems.,.,.,.,.,.,., wanting better performance. So: We DID! We OBLIGED.
Now folks are complaining??????? Complaining about 'fixes' , advancements and improvements???
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
December 04, 2022 04:43PM
It appears the 600 and 800 are now obsolete ,,,,how ironic!!
December 04, 2022 04:49PM
What's going to happen to resale prices on 600s & 800s?
December 04, 2022 04:59PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's going to happen to resale prices on 600s &
> 800s?

This is why I sell detectors when I feel something is coming down the pipe. The value is still there before a release so I sell. Then when the new one comes out I can either buy the new model or the older model much cheaper. Prices are going to be very very low for any equinox bought before this weekend.
December 04, 2022 05:28PM
I hear yah Bill!----I'm just glad, glad, glad I unloaded my 800s sometime ago.---These 700s & 900s really come out of left field!-----basstrackerman Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What's going to happen to resale prices on 600s
> &
> > 800s?
>
>
> This is why I sell detectors when I feel something
> is coming down the pipe. The value is still there
> before a release so I sell. Then when the new one
> comes out I can either buy the new model or the ol
> der model much cheaper. Prices are going to be v
> ery very low for any equinox bought before this we
> ekend.
December 04, 2022 06:57PM
Hope they keep coming out with new technology, the 800 and 600’ s won’t just quit working! They are as good and still find things as good as they they did before. They are worth more than my 3 or 4 year old I phone or computer. I personally am thankful they fixed the weak points and increased the ID numbers. Great for people who were hoping to purchase a 800 or 600 and could not afford one as now maybe they can.
December 04, 2022 09:40PM
December 04, 2022 11:58PM
Dan(NM) Wrote:
OH DANNY----I think you REALLY want one of them thar Manicures!!! ha ha----How's it goin down there?---They made a Texan out of yah yet? smiling smiley----ole man Del-------------------------------------------------------
> winking smiley [youtu.be]
December 05, 2022 12:51AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Dan(NM) Wrote:
> OH DANNY----I think you REALLY want one of them th
> ar Manicures!!! ha ha----How's it goin down there?
> ---They made a Texan out of yah yet? smiling smiley----ole man
> Del-----------------------------------------------
> --------
> > winking smiley [youtu.be]

Lol, Del, you know I gotta have one smiling smiley The weather here is perfect for hunting almost year round. I was born in Texas and will most likely die in Texas. Life is good, hope y'all are doing well too!!!
December 05, 2022 02:35PM
Let me ask this - Outside of shaft/collar ears and other physical improvements, have any capabilities been added that could not have been added via software update ?
Increased VDI resolution nice, I thought that as being hobbled from day 1, but would be hard pressed to agree that that rates another model number.

Seems to me that software updates were ballyhooed as a major selling point early on, but are quickly tossed to the side once they start to impede $$ flow.
December 16, 2022 12:35PM
Do the new 700 and 900 upgrades include a faster/better processor?
December 16, 2022 03:27PM
They are probably also running the faster BlueTooth chip making it much quicker.
I think there are some nice Updates in the new machine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2022 03:28PM by GreenMeanie.
December 28, 2022 09:05AM
“Folks complained about the coil-ears breaking, shaft collar-locks "freezing up"/breaking........ water leaks,,,,, hardware problems.,.,.,.,.,.,., wanting better performance. So: We DID! We OBLIGED. “

Enter……..Legend !
December 28, 2022 04:14PM
There yah go!!!!!!!!!!------synthnut Wrote:
> “Folks complained about the coil-ears breaking, sh
> aft collar-locks "freezing up"/breaking........ wa
> ter leaks,,,,, hardware problems.,.,.,.,.,.,., wan
> ting better performance. So: We DID! We OBLIGED. “
>
>
> Enter……..Legend !
December 30, 2022 02:09AM
The hardware portion of Legend is indeed....very rugged.
December 31, 2022 02:26PM
Hey Tom I seen the question asked about the 900 does it have a faster/better processor vs the 800?
December 31, 2022 05:32PM
Mike........ I can only convey: It is 'improved'.
December 31, 2022 05:59PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Mike........ I can only convey: It is 'improved'.

Thanks Tom I'm guessing it will have another update utility instead of the 2 previous that I have installed on my computer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2022 06:00PM by Mike K.
December 31, 2022 11:58PM
When we get that far....... that will be determined. BUT..... it'll still be quite user-friendly.
January 01, 2023 12:24AM
That is kind of a bogus response Tom.

Getting more spread on the id numbers is nothing more than a sofware fix and should be a download to the 600//800
casting heavier ears on the existing coils should be a no brainer fix by ML. Should have been done shortly after the 6/800 were released and the probblem identified, instead they just kept pumping defective units out the door, now years later they brag about fixing something that should have been a warranty fix from the jump

Offering an upgraded shaft, again no big deal for ML Seems like an easy fix to come up with IF ML was interested in taking care of their problems.

Fixing those items on the existing machines would have made it viable for a long time, vastly reducing the pseudo justification for this new version but hey making money is the name of the game I guess

Little deeper waterproofness, better headphnes , OK would that by itsself drive a bunch on new sales.... pretty doubtful

This just reeks of a money grab by ML, alienating everyone who has loyally bought into the promise by ML to keep upgrading the 600/800 by thrashing the resale value

Bad form in my book
January 01, 2023 02:36AM
I've been hunting with the 900 in several different spots and thought I'd chime in.

The 900 is extremely subjective to iron falsing *IF* you are running it too hot. I believe that's what is also happening with the Manticore and people digging iron that sounds good. You'll get the same exact thing on the Nox if you run it say, sens 22+. Especially if you are working thick iron and trying too hard to force something good out of it. It's really easy to tune into that one or two way non ferrous hit (when turning 90 degrees) and want it to be something good in the iron. I had to relearn that part of the Nox for sure. I really struggled with it until I dropped the sensitivity from 22 to 18 or so. At 18, the machine quieted down in the iron and I stopped chasing those false signals too. Dug a CS frame buckle in a spot today doing just that.
January 01, 2023 02:16PM
I needed a water machine for creek hunting in the summer. I decided to get an 800 and a pair of waterproof headphones. Turns out it is pretty much a time bomb for leaks so I dont use it for what I had in mind when I bought it. Now a 700/900 comes out that is supposed to be the fix for what I paid a bunch of money for. I basically bought a prototype with quality issues. Minelab can get bent.
January 01, 2023 02:22PM
beastdig Wrote:
> I needed a water machine for creek hunting in the
> summer. I decided to get an 800 and a pair of wat
> erproof headphones. Turns out it is pretty much a
> time bomb for leaks so I dont use it for what I ha
> d in mind when I bought it. Now a 700/900 comes o
> ut that is supposed to be the fix for what I paid
> a bunch of money for. I basically bought a protot
> ype with quality issues. Minelab can get bent.

beastdig,

" The percent of EQX failures i
> s truly not that high. EMPLOY THE WARRANTY!!!! Tha
> t's what it is for!!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2023 02:24PM by shoveler.
January 01, 2023 06:38PM
Daniel you "nailed it" with the false hits in iron. Any detector you use in iron, the sensitivity needs to be turned down. I left a message on a video to try turning the sensitivity down to 14-15 on the Manticore in iron and see what happens.
January 02, 2023 04:08AM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
> With the false hits in iron.

Has anyone watched Brass Medics video on YouTube with the Manticore and falseing on iron? He thinks he's figured out something that carried over from the CTX 3030. Its worth a look gonna test the 900 out tomorrow and see how it sounds in the iron....

Mike
January 02, 2023 11:00PM
Tom can you explain the FE setting on the NOX 900? The 800 had an FE and F2 setting. I believe if I'm right and F2 setting of zero was the equivalent of FE -1. Is that right Tom? With the 900 FE setting of 0 is??? Thanks

Mike
January 03, 2023 01:28AM
Fair question..... BECAUSE...... there are some unsuspectings!
First......The ONLY Iron Bias available in EQX 700/900 is a hybrid F2. We did not want to call it (say): F3. This would really confuse matters! We did not want to call it F2 because...... some folks would wonder where is FE (or F1)!!! AND..... if we did call it "F2"...... it would be misleading because it is not a EQX 600/800 "F2". There's differences. It's a hybrid. Soooooooooooooo......... we decided to simply call it FE...... because that is what it is for/about/premise/intent.

There are 'some' things that I can not talk about; yet, I can discuss basics:
A FE setting of '0' is a bit more aggressive than anything EQX 600/800 employed. Yes...... you could say: EQX 800 F2 = -1. . . . . for all-practical-purposes; yet, understand..... it is still mildly different/enhanced.
A FE setting of '1' would be the closest to F2 = 0 on the old EQX 800; yet, (once again) understand it's a bit of a hybrid.....and slightly different.
FE settings of 2 - 9 provide about what you would expect......with each incremental upward step.......... as compared to EQX 800; yet, should be 'improved performance'...... with each individual upward incremental step.

Keep in mind..... the lower you run your FE setting....... the more unmasking will take place.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., at a cost of: more ear-bashing/falsing. A lot of the ear-bashing is audibly: highly intelligible....... and employable. Use accordingly!...... in accord with your fatigue-level tolerance for that particular day.