Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom need help Manticore Beach settings for testing on low conductor

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom need help Manticore Beach settings for testing on low conductor
December 10, 2022 09:27PM
I will be taking the Manticore to the Beach this week for testing. What is the best way to run it for depth and stability on deep nickel? (LOW CONDUCTOR)
Thanks for your time..
Re: Tom need help Manticore Beach settings for testing on low conductor
December 10, 2022 11:14PM
I look forward to your tests. Will be interesting.
December 10, 2022 11:56PM
I can only post from office at work so post will be limited after Sunday..
December 11, 2022 02:21AM
David...... Good! Good to know. I've posted the best beach settings on the Manticore thread....... but will gladly cut-n-paste here:

Beach Low Conductors Mode
Volume: 25
Ferrous Volume: 25
Recovery Speed: 4
Discrimination Pattern: All Metal
Ferrous Limits: Upper = 4, Lower = 0
Nothing Notched out. (Bring in the iron).
Audio Theme = Prospecting
Ground Balance the unit close to the edge of the saltwater
Run Sens on 24 or 25 or 26....... depending/dictated by the salt-content of your particular beach. (Start at 24..... and see how stable the unit is. Then bump-up Sens accordingly). Because you are S.C. ....... I get the feeling that you may be able to bump Sens up...even higher. Maybe even 28. IF IF IF you can run Sens 28...... you are going to find the results...interesting.
I do recommend making the hotkeys: Upper Left Button = Noise Cancel. Upper Right Button = Ground Balance. Sidebar button = Iron

((( P.S. = A Nickel is not even close to being a 'low conductor' to the Manticore! )))
December 11, 2022 02:32AM
calabash........... also with these settings........ do an air-test of your wedding-band......with the detector sitting on the ground.

IF you do any inland/backyard test-garden testing.......... I have the recommended inland/turf/dirt settings also on the Manticore thread.
Inland...... use the heck out of that LONG PRESS Noise Cancel feature!