Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Manticore Iron False ..Tom

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Manticore Iron False ..Tom
December 17, 2022 11:21PM
I hunted two Colonial sites carpet of nails. Excessive IRON FALSES ,UPPER 8 to 11 LOWER 6...SENS 19 TO 22..DEPTH THEME.1 TONE ALL REGION, RECOVERY 6 ,7 GENERAL, FAST programs....Any advice?
Thanks Calabash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2022 11:48PM by calabash digger.
Re: Manticore Iron False ..Tom
December 18, 2022 03:02AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hunted two Colonial sites carpet of nails. Exces
> sive IRON FALSES ,UPPER 8 to 11 LOWER 6...SENS 19
> TO 22..DEPTH THEME.1 TONE ALL REGION, RECOVERY 6 ,
> 7 GENERAL, FAST programs....Any advice?
> Thanks Calabash

Whats YOUR definition on "Falsing".

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
December 18, 2022 03:09AM
Sure.
Try All Terrain - Low Conductors, Sens 19 is fine. You may try Ferrous Limits Upper 8 - 12. ----Lower of 4 or 5 is fine. Start with a fairly fast Recovery Speed of '4'.,.,.,.,. then try 3. You could also try 5 & 6 recovery speeds. This should do better. Manually adjusting Ground Balance can also do wonders. This is to say..... you will be using Ground Balance in a unorthodox capacity . . . . . . by NOT using it for actual mineralization design-intent-function.,.,.,., but/rather....... for mitigation of iron falsing. IF this is STILL too falsey/noisy........you could try a Salt Mode: say........ Beach Low Conductors.,.,.,.,., and with the same (above) settings.

David.......... IF you have time.,.,.,.,.,., I would like for you to try All Terrain High Conductors Mode in your test-garden (just exactly like you have been testing/using it).......... BUT.......one thing different: Try a Recovery Speed of '2'....... then set Sens to 23. THEN perform a LONG PRESS Noise Cancel. (The order-of-events is sequential/important). See if the Manticore is noisier .......or more quiet. Test on your Half Dollar (or Dime). See how high you can get the coil above the ground. (((You will probably NOT like Audio 'Rich'............ and will most-likely like Audio 'Simple' the best))).
December 18, 2022 03:12AM
Beyonder............ falsing is usually the tips/heels of nails falsing to a: non-ferrous high tone.
December 18, 2022 03:41AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Beyonder............ falsing is usually the tips/h
> eels of nails falsing to a: non-ferrous high tone.

I am asking for what HIS specific idea of falsing is. Is he getting a high tone and a number that isn't red lined? See IMO, you have someone who is testing a machine, that doesn't have the knowledge in the area of falsing.; There has been MANY examples in his videos of user error and just blaming the machine. Hell, he doesn't even know how to use audio theme depth.

December 18, 2022 04:36AM
I think he's very well experienced with hunting in iron. Have you watched his videos? Some of his sites are VERY old with layers of carpets of nails.

Let's start with what Tom recommended and see if some of the falsing can be mitigated.
December 18, 2022 05:12AM
PulltabKing Wrote:
> I think he's very well experienced with hunting in
> iron. Have you watched his videos? Some of his sit
> es are VERY old with layers of carpets of nails.
>
> Let's start with what Tom recommended and see if s
> ome of the falsing can be mitigated.

Then you haven't been watching close enough.

December 18, 2022 05:29AM
Well, he IS asking for help and advice and not bashing anything. I thought that's what forums were for.
December 18, 2022 05:31AM
I don't notice any user errors in his Manticore videos. Numerous times, in almost every Manticore video he's uploaded, he clearly states it's a new machine and it will take time to figure out what it's telling him. Everyone has to put time in on a new machine.

I don't think he's coming here asking Tom for a setting that will get rid of iron falsing. Everyone here knows that's impossible with any VLF. He came here for advice on REDUCING the falsing which is a reasonable question. Especially on this forum.
December 18, 2022 11:22AM
Beyonder, those remarks aren't necessary . . .it only sours the forum . . . it's just starting to get back to where it use to be. Let's stay positive for learning's sake. Merry Christmas.
December 18, 2022 04:23PM
This Video shows not having a issue……....But Remember adjusting Iron Limits to high, will kill your Masking , which in this type of hunting is critical.

A smaller coil & lowering the sensitivity would help also [youtu.be]]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2022 04:51PM by Rob in (ca).
December 18, 2022 08:20PM
Yes......calabash could be getting high-tone falses from ....... say...... mid-conductor aluminum soda-tabs. Or high-tone falses from tiny steel wire bits that are about the same diameter (or smaller diameter) than paperclip wire. Or.......... high-tone falses from flecks/flakes of rust. But....... calabash stated "carpets of nails"......... so I gravitate towards very rusty bent square-nails.......causing his falsing. (((And Minelab DNA is not known for high-toning on aluminum soda-tabs, rust flecks/flakes anyway.....etc......))).

So far.........calabash's videos are spot-on...........very conservative...........and no bragging. Just simply: Straight-forward.
Now......... if calabash was screaming: ME, ME, ME......... or: I'm FIRST, FIRST, FIRST.......... or I'm NUMBER ONE......NUMBER ONE.......NUMBER ONE! I DID IT FIRST...... I DID IT FIRST. But he is not. If he did........ that would be a problem. BUT...... that would be a problem of: narcissism/credit-seeking/ego issues. And even if he ever DID take that path....... that would simply be a personal insecurity; yet, it would NOT alter all of the correct data that he has presented thus far.
So far......so good.
December 18, 2022 09:02PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Yes......calabash could be getting high-tone false
> s from ....... say...... mid-conductor aluminum so
> da-tabs. Or high-tone falses from tiny steel wire
> bits that are about the same diameter (or smaller
> diameter) than paperclip wire. Or.......... high-t
> one falses from flecks/flakes of rust. But.......
> calabash stated "carpets of nails"......... so I g
> ravitate towards very rusty bent square-nails.....
> ..causing his falsing. (((And Minelab DNA is not
> known for high-toning on aluminum soda-tabs, rust
> flecks/flakes anyway.....etc......))).
>
> So far.........calabash's videos are spot-on......
> .....very conservative...........and no bragging.
> Just simply: Straight-forward.
> Now......... if calabash was screaming: ME, ME, ME
> ......... or: I'm FIRST, FIRST, FIRST.......... or
> I'm NUMBER ONE......NUMBER ONE.......NUMBER ONE! I
> DID IT FIRST...... I DID IT FIRST. But he is not.
> If he did........ that would be a problem. BUT....
> .. that would be a problem of: narcissism/credit-s
> eeking/ego issues. And even if he ever DID take th
> at path....... that would simply be a personal ins
> ecurity; yet, it would NOT alter all of the correc
> t data that he has presented thus far.
> So far......so good.

As usual, well said Tom. His latest video part 1 answered my question AND he took the route of "You be the judge" which is what he should be doing IMO.

December 18, 2022 11:28PM
In the part two video, I didn't see either one turn 90 degrees and sweep over the target. I did not see anyone pin point the target. Just like Tom said, "falsing is usually the tips/heels of nails". If you are sweeping the coil in ONLY one direction, you are going to be chasing falsing all day long especially if you are catching the nail tip on the side of the coil. If you are experienced in hunting in iron, you know the tricks to knock out most falses. Sorry, but that is what I am seeing.

December 19, 2022 01:20PM
Of all the products out there....... one of the better units for NOT falsing on tips/heels of nails AND steel bottlecaps is the old Sovereign & Excal. That's because the Sovereign: "Ferrous Limits = Upper" was hardwired on 14 !!!
Great for: in-the-iron QUIET operation; yet, no wonder they were SLOW........ and not good for unmasking!
December 19, 2022 02:56PM
The main issue could be the good ground balancing in the place full of iron. I'm using tracking to get the average value of GB and then switch it off...

It always works for me. The same I was get with Tarsacci... bad GB not possible to work with it at all. right GB and MDT is dead silent...
December 30, 2022 02:36AM
What happened to calabash? And TNSS? Did any of this 'iron falsing/mitigation' data get tested? Did this data: fail? Did it partially help?

And. What I am also REALLY interested in is........ did calabash test/try All Terrain High Conductors Mode with a Recovery Speed of '2'....... a higher Sens setting...... then a LONG PRESS Noise Cancel....(then see if Sens can be bumped up even further).,.,.,.,.,.,.,., and test the Manticore performance on his test-garden Half Dollar (or Dime). I know I recommended (requested) this test....a few times....... and...... over the course of several weeks. Just wondering if calabash had a chance to test it. (((This performance IS transferable out into the real-World. ----I know some folks despise test-gardens; yet, they REVEAL))).

OR. Did calabash have to give back the Manticore (to Detector Dan?)...... a couple of weeks ago. I know calabash was to have the unit for only 10 days....... which probably expired a couple of weeks ago.
January 08, 2023 06:37PM
Where did calabash disappear to?----Just curious---not "a peep" out of him lately----People would like to know how he is getting on with the Manticore.
January 08, 2023 07:11PM
Hey Del, Old Cal is doing more live you tube video talks.Hope all is well, Don thumbs down
January 08, 2023 07:54PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Where did calabash disappear to?----Just curious--
> -not "a peep" out of him lately----People would li
> ke to know how he is getting on with the Manticore
> .

Like others, he has issues logging in to the forum from his home PC. I think he has to use his work PC to post here.