Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Charlie Harris passed away

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Charlie Harris passed away
December 21, 2022 02:47PM
Relic hunting legend Charlie Harris passed I just heard. I never met him but he lived not to far from where my family from on Lookout Mountain, TN.
Re: Charlie Harris passed away
December 21, 2022 05:24PM
Sad news.

Charlie was a great Guy.Loved to talk relics..I mean loved it!! would talk for hours which was awesome.!!!

Howard Crouch has passed as has Steve Mullinax all great contributors to civil war artifacts.And all were great Guys to talk to and learn from.

I think there's a youtube video of a guy a few years back visting Charlie's home and talking.It will give people who never knew Charlie an idea of the type person Charlie was.Kind gracious knowledgeable.

Great loss

Oh yeah Charlie carried a camera constantly documenting artifacts he ran across.He even had some of my artifacts that caught his eye photographed from back in the 90s.He was quite the sleuth.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 21, 2022 07:43PM
Rest in Peace, Charlie, Howard and Steve.
December 22, 2022 12:53AM
Here are the arrangements for Charlie Harris: 12/22 visitation 11-12:30, service 12:30. Companion Funeral Home, 2415 Georgetown Rd, nw, Cleveland, TN.

I plan on going. I never got to hunt with Charlie but visited with him many times and was always great to see him and talk relics. His book Civil War Relics of the Western Campaigns was the book that got my interest started in metal detecting. Ironically, volume 2 of that book was just recently released.
December 22, 2022 02:05AM
Charlie vid's

Tour of artifacts
[www.youtube.com]

Ten Dollar gold coin
[www.youtube.com]

The 5 Muskets
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla