Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Manticore Extreme depth test High Conductor

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Manticore Extreme depth test High Conductor
January 01, 2023 08:27PM
Tom's suggestion
[youtu.be]
Re: Manticore Extreme depth test High Conductor
January 02, 2023 01:17AM
STUNNING video capture David!!!!
Your EMI conditions in your yard...... are HORRIBLE!!!
A few weeks ago...... you could ONLY run your Sens at '22' also.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., BUT.... your Recovery Speed was '5'. This time...................... the only (actual) "change" that you made........ was my recommended Recovery Speed of '2'.....(((and still a Sens of '22'))). What I am saying is........ you have tremendously increased depth performance.....just by virtue of dropping Speed from '5'...... down to '2'. ((((This is what I was training/educating/talking about)))).
{{{{ Footnote: In the real-World...... it is not quite practical to use Recovery Speed 1........(and especially Recovery Speed '0'). You CAN use '1' in remote places on planet Earth; yet, this is under somewhat extenuating circumstances. }}}} Recovery Speed '2' is indeed..... HIGHLY employable in many applications; hence, my Recovery Speed 2 recommendations (including testing).

What kills me is........... I want YOU....... to "experience" Recovery Speed '2'......... but a (fairly) EMI-clear Sens '28'......and its performance. It would be a experience that you would never believe. (and never forget).

If I were to guess........... your testing (and subsequent video footage) was approx mid-afternoon........... when power consumption is at it's highest.,.,.,.,.,., which............. in turn.......... generates the highest amount of EMI in the atmosphere ...for that specific part of the day.

Wait until you try the 8" x 5.5" coil. This TOO...... has its own set of surprise performance advantages (some of which....are unsuspecting).

((( If you want to try something crazy.............. do this exact same test ........................................ [[[[[[ ---you don't have to do a video--- ]]]]]].................................... do it just for yourself. EMI (in nearly all cases) is at it's lowest volume/amount.....at around 3:30am in the morning. Watch for RESULTS!....... even if you can only run Sens up to '24'....... in the wee hours of the morning ))).

Yes....... you will find real-World hunt sites whereby; you WILL be able to run Sens on '28'. CATCH IT!!!!............ and do not lose out on the 'experience'.
January 02, 2023 02:44AM
Calabashes video on that 20" deep half was stunning.
Yet more performance to come? Im coming out of retirement and getting a manticore!
January 02, 2023 04:54AM
I was watching this video too and it was impressive considering the EMI. One thing I was wondering, I noticed that he had a cell phone attached to a chest mount that he was using to respond to viewers of his live feed while using the detector. Wouldn't the cell phone possibly contribute to the EMI and or interference that he was having with the Manticore? Or would the noise cancel feature negate that?
January 02, 2023 02:16PM
The day care center behind his home I would think runs the heat pumps all night. Don't want kids cold in the morning. Those are the culprits for the most part. Still, what he can get out of it with that amount of "hearable" EMI is amazing. So far not many if any are getting the Manticore around here. The only two I know of is Calabash and Surfside Dan in the Myrtle Beach area.
January 02, 2023 04:01PM
Fascinating video John. Thanks for doing it. Performance on that half was impressive, given all the background EMI noise...

And what you did (noise-cancel-wise), is just what I imagine doing when I get mine, and am hunting an EMI-plagued site (based off of NASA-Tom's suggestions -- i.e. use LONG PRESS "early and often").

In your video, every time you heard "chatter" begin to increase on your unit, you re-did the long-press noise cancel. In my head, I was saying "John, do another noise cancel!" and sure enough, you did...which made that video very "educational" for me -- watching you being so "tuned in" to the EMI, and actively looking to mitigate it, and THEN seeing the subsequent response of your unit to the buried targets...very eduational.

Thanks for doing it.

Steve
January 02, 2023 10:15PM
Yes....... absolutely! The laptop....... and (especially) the phone on David's chest..... could very well be adding to the EMI quantity.
January 03, 2023 04:43PM
David........ the Manticore may prompt you to redefine/redesign/re-do your test-garden.
You might need to push your 10-1/2" dime to 12".
and your Half Dollar from 12" ...... to 14".
January 05, 2023 12:38AM
calabash....... I'm kinda hoping that you DO have the time/schedule to do some wee-hours-of-the-morning (4am) testing...... in your EMI riddled test-garden. Can Sens be run up to '24' (whilst on Recovery Speed 2)? Maybe Sens 25? BUT....... ultimately: I do not think you will ever need to exceed a Sens of 28..........as...........your dirt (and my dirt).,.,.,.,.,., as low as the minerals are......... may still encounter blowback/flyback/feedback from the (low) minerals of the soil........ and (ultimately) negate the performance gains of Sens settings in the 30's. IF you are on a dry sand beach....... THAT'S a different story! You could then use Sens settings in the 30's.......... say Sens 32 or 33. Then you WOULD see increased depth AND with good ID's.
I know I've stated this before (and I'm stating the obvious!!!); yet, I feel it's worth the: repeat! (Don't take it as a insult!!!).
January 05, 2023 11:50PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> calabash....... I'm kinda hoping that you DO have
> the time/schedule to do some wee-hours-of-the-morn
> ing (4am) testing...... in your EMI riddled test-g
> arden. Can Sens be run up to '24' (whilst on Recov
> ery Speed 2)? Maybe Sens 25? BUT....... ultimatel
> y: I do not think you will ever need to exceed a S
> ens of 28..........as...........your dirt (and my
> dirt).,.,.,.,.,., as low as the minerals are......
> ... may still encounter blowback/flyback/feedback
> from the (low) minerals of the soil........ and (u
> ltimately) negate the performance gains of Sens se
> ttings in the 30's. IF you are on a dry sand beach
> ....... THAT'S a different story! You could then u

That would be interesting to see.....
> se Sens settings in the 30's.......... say Sens 32
> or 33. Then you WOULD see increased depth AND with
> good ID's.
> I know I've stated this before (and I'm stating th
> e obvious!!!); yet, I feel it's worth the: repeat!
> (Don't take it as a insult!!!).