Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Big 4 Compared

Posted by cddz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Big 4 Compared
January 21, 2023 12:46AM
Great BC rejection demonstration on the Manticore, Equinox 900, Deus 2, The Legend

YouTube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2023 12:48AM by cddz.
Re: Big 4 Compared
January 21, 2023 01:39AM
VERY INTERESTING!---Thanks for posting that.
JCR
January 21, 2023 10:09PM
A very good video of a well thought out comparison. It was interesting to see the similarities as well as the differences.
Thanks for posting it.

Chris
January 21, 2023 11:47PM
STUNNING.......well thought-out video & concepts.
Looks like something that Nokta/Makro would orchestrate.

Target #6. Isn't the 2-Euro coin magnetic? Which............ if that is the case.............. some of the detectors may be designed to go 'into'......and 'above' that ferromagnetic amount..........thus allowing/authorizing the discrimination of iron coins.
January 23, 2023 12:28AM
I don't think you could go wrong with any of those detectors, I think it just comes down to personal preferences anymore, there isn't an awful lot of performance difference between the new releases. That's my take on it.
January 23, 2023 10:38AM
coinspader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think you could go wrong with any of those
> detectors, I think it just comes down to personal
> preferences anymore, there isn't an awful lot of p
> erformance difference between the new releases. Th
> at's my take on it.

I think I would add that it’s how well someone learns to use their detector. I personally feel that there are a lot of hunters out there running their detectors in diminished performance because they don’t know any better. Problem with ‘pushing boxes’ dealers is that they don’t teach their customers how to use their detector much, if at all.
When I bought the Tarsacci, I was fortunate (close) enough to have Tom spend the time showing me how to set up the detector for the optimum settings and followed up with PMs that helped me to ‘tweak’ it for beach use. The advantage definitely goes to those that learn how to set their detectors well for varying condition. With that said, thanks goodness for great online info/training sites like this one!
January 23, 2023 10:58AM
Mr. Dankowski .,, the central part /inner circle/ of the 1-euro and 2-euro coins is magnetic,,, but the outer part - the ring is non-magnetic ..and is therefore easily detectable ....but it is clear that such a coin concept it will also exhibit certain magnetic properties..
January 23, 2023 11:51AM
EL NINO. Thanks! That is good to know. It also sets a new 'premise' for that portion of the video. Although a detectorist may choose NOT to discriminate out the iron coins............at least some detectors give a wide enough bandwidth to give the operator the CHOICE.