Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Users of vlf metal detectors over higher mineralized groud-- Do you remember ?

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Users of vlf metal detectors over higher mineralized groud-- Do you remember ?
February 14, 2023 04:27PM
Little video I did.
[m.youtube.com]
Re: Users of vlf metal detectors over higher mineralized groud-- Do you remember ?
February 14, 2023 05:03PM
TNSS...... that's EXACTLY correct! That is a WELL WORTHWHILE Keith Southern video. Probably worth reiteration & re-reviewing.

I was (and still am!!!) biting my tongue..... when you and calabash posted that recent video where you buried a gold coin...... about (only) 3" deep......in hot/mineralized ground. , . , . , . , . , and the XP Deus-2, Manticore & EQX-900 failed to detect it.
We KNOW what the Tarsacci would have done!!!!!! And it kills me that..... the Tarsacci was NOT included in that XP Deus-2, Manticore & EQX-900 video! (((My tongue is still bleeding!!!))).
Tarsacci is kinda far from a VLF platform-based unit! (Folks keep FORGETTING this). Whether we love or hate the Tarsacci............. give credit when/where credit is DUE!
Whether we love or hate the single freq, old, analog Nexus....... give credit when/where credit is DUE!!!

APPLY the correct tool....... to/for the correct application! Never underestimate...... and NEVER be slanted / 'biased' towards ANY brand detector........ IF it "fits" an application!
NEVER be afraid to use a detector, Mode, configuration...... in a totally unorthodox fashion....IF it fits the 'need' of a scenario.

Good "catch" TNSS!
JCR
Re: Users of vlf metal detectors over higher mineralized groud-- Do you remember ?
February 15, 2023 02:23AM
The only thing I got from that video is condescension. I should have known better & will in future.

Chris
February 15, 2023 03:38AM
That's too bad.

Anyways.
Full disclaimer.
I sold my Tarsacci to a gent who lives near hot ground. He actually bought my unit last year because he was going on a vacation to Fla beach.

I called him today. Asked him how he liked Tarsacci.
He used and tested and salt beach. Said it was deep. He has deus 2 as well. He found as much with Tarsacci as he did with Deus 2 on salt beach wet sand. He ain't about to give that machine up- the Tarsacci that is...Hint hint.

Now, My video was not condescending at all.
Some folks may have thought watching the Keith's video -oh boy I can find quarters under foil.
Truthfully I don't know what Keith knows. He may have showed what he did knowing full well what Tarsacci was doing was big time clue detector had great potential for higher mineralized soil.

Why did I bring this up (his video)?
Due to the fact I have been doing some tests and while doing these tests and doing some thinking. I started thinking about what has been said or showed as far as the ( top tier vlf) metal detectors for depth in the higher mineralized soil.
Then light bulb clicked on for me.
The question I ask in video was a sincere question. Meaning I had good hunch of correct answer. But not fully 100 percent sure.
Now that NASA Tom has chimed in now I definitely can be more certain.

Foil is made of what?

Detecting in hot ground can do what do vlf detector? Shut down coil for detecting nonferrous. Depth, conductivity and size of target can drive.
So can foil be used to try and shut down coil (to mimick to a degree) the mineralization in higher mineralized ground? Based on Keith's video results with Tarsacci? it would seem so.
How many other (non smf) vlf detectors when swept over same scenario as in Keith's video would they give clue -(higher conductor is there) ? I say few or none. NASA Tom mightknow.

So that's my story and I am sticking to it.

I have been member here for over 10 years.
What a ride it has been.
Quite educational.
I have learned a great deal from some folks here and am still learning.

Cheers.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2023 03:46AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 15, 2023 04:33AM
I just saw a K Southern vid about a week ago testing a Vista x on his hot ground, banging a 10" dime with the 8" Octagon coil. His ground is not as hot as culpepper, I think he said 4 bar dirt. Vid was made a few years ago. Analog detector.
February 15, 2023 12:21PM
The mineralization of the terrain can be divided into 2 basic types:

1 - Magnetic Mineralization - it is a terrain that has a certain proportion of magnetite - in this terrain, for example, at the Nickel coin...VDI grows in the depth of the coin's storage....

2. Iron *Mineralization - it is an area that contains a certain proportion of hematite - or a similar type of other iron minerals ... in this area, at the Nickel coin .... the VDI will decrease with the depth of detection....

There is also a third type of terrain, which can be Conductive terrain - where salt, coke or other conductive minerals strongly contribute to the decrease of VDI in the coin with increasing detection depths... but also limit the depth of detection... and increase the instability of the detector's work in such an environment. ... The conductivity of the ground acts as if the ground contains very small pieces of aluminum foil - and such a ground itself gives you a signal about VDI 1... .and this causes the instability of the detector when working at high frequencies,,, and a strong change in the VDI target.. downward... because the detector reads the terrain signal /by DVI 1/ with the VDI signal of the target and averages these 2 VDI into one lower VDI..

How to prevent this?... it helps to set the single-frequency detector to a very low frequency /optimum 2-5 ..up to 8 khz/ or for a multi-frequency detector, use a multi-frequency program that includes salt elimination... /Etrac, CTX, DFX, Park 1.Field1, Beach programs for other multi-frequency detectors/

Finally, you also have to consider the fact that a certain terem can carry both types of mineralization of the ground in combination with the conductivity of the ground, and that is why it is good to test the detector that you use on different types of programs and other settings on such terrain... It is always worth doing a comparative depth test ..to optimally set the detector...for such terrain.
February 15, 2023 12:39PM
I have been wondering just where the Tarsacci fits in with all the new detectors...and also why it hasn't been included in the comparison videos...as soon as my health treatments are done, I'm in for buying a new detector and would like to see that heads-up comparison.
JCR
February 15, 2023 03:06PM
TNSS, Thank you for the detailed explanation of the video. That is a good rational. My problem is that you are so mysterious instead of being straight forward. You ask riddles instead of making observations. You have knowledge & some good insights, so do many others here. Isn't it best for all to be as clear as possible?
The Tarsacci is a unique machine, capable of surprising performance in situations where traditional detectors struggle. I use mine quite often & learn more each time. It is deserving of more worthwhile discussion on the forum.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2023 03:10PM by JCR.
February 16, 2023 12:03AM
EL NINO......... Very, VERY well-said!!!! I do not know who you are.,.,.,.,.,., maybe one of the design engineers of the Nexus.,.,.,.,.,., your input is critical to this hobby....that we ALL want to 'solve'.....via having success in the field.,.,.,.,.,.,. regardless of what Manufacturers sticker/decal is branded on the unit. It is ALL a COMMON goal of us detectorists.

Chris........ gosh. I HARDLY SPEAK ""CLEAR""!!!!!!! Yes........ TNSS seems to: "allude" and/or "imply"; yet, the data is there.

Scott......... out of time.,.,.,.,., but will partially answer.