Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dilek just dropped the gauntlet

Posted by PhDtector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dilek just dropped the gauntlet
February 23, 2023 08:17PM
See it here [www.youtube.com]
Re: Dilek just dropped the gauntlet
February 23, 2023 10:07PM
Death toll as of her report = 50,000 with 100,000 injured from the 2 earthquakes. OMG!
February 23, 2023 11:08PM
You have to watch all of it! She issues a challenge.
February 24, 2023 08:39AM
That is a very interesting topic. Why? True differences depend from the site, operator, and at least from the device, and the difference between them is shallow winking smiley - top shelf metal detectors 20% maximum between.
February 24, 2023 12:25PM
The very end though she admits the SMF are deeper at the beach though.
March 02, 2023 02:46PM
I bet she don't like this guy bad mouthing her mighty Legend
[youtu.be]
March 02, 2023 04:29PM
Here we have the old truth: Red hair people doesn't have she souls... hahhahaa
March 04, 2023 04:57PM
Nokta ads on social media the last few weeks taking a dig at Minelab "No, we are not releasing the Legend 200 or 300...". A dig for Minelab's history of adding numbers for machines with newer options and features.

Nokta live video today from the show....releasing basically the Simplex 200 and 300. Except they call it a Simplex Lite and Ultra. With a few extra settings, carbon fiber rod and new arm rest.

You can't make this stuff up.
March 05, 2023 11:28AM
Let me correct that!
We have changed all the hardware,software, system box, coil , frequency and went to Bluetooth.
We never asked for more money either from customers to fix leakage or breakage issues.
So I would appreciate it if you comment once you have all the facts in your hand.
March 05, 2023 02:08PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let me correct that!
> We have changed all the hardware,software, system
> box, coil , frequency and went to Bluetooth.
> We never asked for more money either from customer
> s to fix leakage or breakage issues.
> So I would appreciate it if you comment once you h
> ave all the facts in your hand.

Perfect response Dilek!
March 05, 2023 04:14PM
Thank you Dilek.--GREAT INFORMATIONAL RESPONSE! Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Let me correct that!
March 05, 2023 05:43PM
OUCH !!!!
March 05, 2023 09:33PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Let me correct that!

^^^^^^Thumbs up Dilek!^^^^^
Gave me a reason to log in here!!
March 05, 2023 10:47PM
If you wouldn't have spent over half the product introduction video doing the same ole drama bashing and company vs company politics, we might have stayed adamantly tuned in. Most people tuned in to see new stuff, and aren't interested in that other talk. If you want people to be better informed about products...spend more time informing about product information vs this whole drama between companies crap.

This is coming from a Teknetics T2 guy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2023 11:25PM by Daniel Tn.
March 06, 2023 04:39AM
OooooooooooH MY.
March 06, 2023 03:45PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> If you wouldn't have spent over half the product i
> ntroduction video doing the same ole drama bashing
> and company vs company politics, we might have sta
> yed adamantly tuned in. Most people tuned in to s
> ee new stuff, and aren't interested in that other
> talk. If you want people to be better informed abo
> ut products...spend more time informing about prod
> uct information vs this whole drama between compan
> ies crap.
>
> This is coming from a Teknetics T2 guy.

You are entitled to your opinion, yet we do not see this business being about products and money only! We are trying to grow this hobby. And the only way to achieve that is to sustain healthy competition, affordable prices, and TRANSPARENCY! You may not be one of those guys who appreciate that but believe me there are tens of thousands who do. It is our responsibility to stand up for the rights of our dealers, distributors and end-users if they are not happy ....and the ones who are happy or who simply don't care can just ignore what we are saying...
PS. Once you start communicating with a VP at the competitor's company at this level, we can continue this discussion. Thank you.
March 06, 2023 09:11PM
Ditto what doc holiday wrote . . . . .OooooooooooH MY.
March 07, 2023 12:20AM
When there is a strong competition between 2 great metal detector companies the winners are the people who use the machines, when they keep trying to top each other we get great detectors at reasonable prices. Capitalism at its finest. smiling smiley
March 07, 2023 02:36AM
I like reading all this stuff…Daytime detect… night time scan the forums …I knew getting old would be fun…. Thanks guys
March 07, 2023 04:51AM
I'm in the hobby for enjoyment and the thrill of finding stuff. All I'm interested in is what machine or machines will work best for me and enable me to do so. Yes there are a lot of people that enjoy drama and mud slinging. I don't. All I want is product info, and enough of it for me to make a decision of whether I am interested in purchasing said products. As a customer that's all I care about. The rest is just fluff and talk. Leave the feelings behind. If the product is good, it will stand on it's own. It's that simple.
March 07, 2023 11:35AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I'm in the hobby for enjoyment and the thrill of f
> inding stuff. All I'm interested in is what machi
> ne or machines will work best for me and enable me
> to do so. Yes there are a lot of people that enjo
> y drama and mud slinging. I don't. All I want is
> product info, and enough of it for me to make a de
> cision of whether I am interested in purchasing sa
> id products. As a customer that's all I care abou
> t. The rest is just fluff and talk. Leave the fe
> elings behind. If the product is good, it will st
> and on it's own. It's that simple.

Dear Daniel,
Last time I will be responding... this hobby for you may be something you enjoy on your own. Yet this is a social hobby which means it is about people - and we as a company have a responsibility for the people. Your model may work for our competition whose priority is to maximize profits. The story for us is more broader than that. Sorry but humans have feelings...and any business you don't put your heart into will fail one way or another! I am not expecting you to understand or appreciate it and you simply have a choice to avoid any videos from me. You can simply read the specs of a product from a product page when it's released. But we will continue to do what we are doing as we have not created customers around the world but ''relationships''. Thank you!
March 07, 2023 03:58PM
"I don't enjoy drama or mud slinging BUT if you had not spent over half the introduction doing the same oh drama bashing"----OOOOOH MYYYYY. LOL
March 07, 2023 04:10PM
Dear Daniel,
I consider you part of "the people" and a "human with feelings". Although we are indeed social animals, we haven't yet become the BORG (assimilate or be destroyed) and as such your right to expression is every bit as valid as any other. I too agree that if a product is good, it will stand on its own. I also agree that you have the simple choice to not watch any videos, but you also can choose differently than that, the same way anyone could choose to or not to read posts from you and choose to or not to reply to them. I choose more and more so to avoid watching, especially things coming from a place where I previously have received a sour taste.
(101) Any business that is not trying to maximize profits is about to fail, period. No matter what words are used to spin it into being believed otherwise, to stay in business you must make a profit.
If it were me trying to prove something I have all my heart into, instead of "throwing down the gauntlet" asking someone else to prove me wrong, I would be doing the same as I asked of them, to prove I'm right.
March 07, 2023 06:14PM
There is a difference between customer engagement and combativeness, that extends to and bleeds over into the customer engagement.
March 07, 2023 06:36PM
I like Dilek. She defends what she believes in. . . . Who else splashes themselves out there like that from a detector company? She/Nokta puts their money where their mouth is.

If I was selling something 2/3rd's less expensive that does the same thing (or more) as my competitors, I as a company would want the word to get out there among the people. It IS a huge selling point. Maybe they are in a position to mfg them at a lower cost. Or, like Dilek said in so many words, their fine with their profits. Maybe it bothers Nokta that other companies are bilking the people. Maybe Nokta has a conscience.

Thing is, there are many of us who believe the more it costs, the better it will perform (guilty here). . . . . that's a tough habit to break.
And, she threw down the gloves for a challenge, not just words, I like it.

How many new detectors have we all been through that in all honesty, aren't hands and feet above the previous one we owned? The differences are slight. I understand that a slight difference could mean digging a great find .. . . only extensive wild field testing would tell . . .and she threw down the gauntlet . . . who will accept?

As of today, I haven't watched head to head in the field videos from her challenge. . . . I would like to. Can someone direct me towards them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2023 10:37AM by ozzie.
March 08, 2023 12:35PM
ScoTTT2 Wrote:
> Dear Daniel,
> I consider you part of "the people" and a "human
> with feelings". Although we are indeed social anim
> als, we haven't yet become the BORG (assimilate or
> be destroyed) and as such your right to expression
> is every bit as valid as any other. I too agree th
> at if a product is good, it will stand on its own.
> I also agree that you have the simple choice to no
> t watch any videos, but you also can choose differ
> ently than that, the same way anyone could choose
> to or not to read posts from you and choose to or
> not to reply to them. I choose more and more so to
> avoid watching, especially things coming from a pl
> ace where I previously have received a sour taste.
> (101) Any business that is not trying to maximize
> profits is about to fail, period. No matter what w
> ords are used to spin it into being believed other
> wise, to stay in business you must make a profit.
> If it were me trying to prove something I have al
> l my heart into, instead of "throwing down the gau
> ntlet" asking someone else to prove me wrong, I wo
> uld be doing the same as I asked of them, to prove
> I'm right.

Hello there...I wanted to respond mostly because you said you received a sour taste from Nokta? I don't know what the issue you had was but if there is anything that I can help with, please let me know. And just to clarify a few things, of course we need the profit to be able to go on as a business BUT if we are to sacrifice extra the profit for the sake of the end users, we don't even think a second and we do it. And finally, the burden of proof is really on the people who make the claims, claiming that their expensive machines have better performance over the Legend... we are just responding to those claims. We always say there is no perfect detector...thank you!
March 08, 2023 05:04PM
I think the sour taste comes from the combativeness approach that has been taken. There will always be people that eat that sort of thing up and love it, but at the same time, it turns just as many people away. I can understand being passionate. I've been in this hobby 30 years now. It has taken me to many states, and made life long friends through it. But none of that was based off of what detector we used or brand we use. Most of us have multiple brands and models that we use. There ARE some very extremist fan boys and girls for brands. I've encountered several of those on the Manticore group lately. So I get it...those people are very irritating....heavy emphasis on VERY. An old saying comes to mind when dealing with them....a bulldog can beat a skunk in a fight, but is it worth smelling like a skunk just to prove it could win?

I'm not a brand exclusive guy. I'm not pro Minelab and anti Nokta. I'm not pro anybody. Nor am I anti anybody. I don't wish failure of any brand or people. I hated to see Tesoro close shop, and Whites too. I'd love to see Fisher/Teknetics come out of their coma and surprise the world with a new flagship machine instead of following the path of Tesoro and Whites. Keep designing machines and think outside the box...but let the machines do the talking.

Now, go build a light weight pulse machine that can equal the ones currently on the market for a fraction of the cost. Lol. I'd be the first in line to buy that.
March 08, 2023 05:11PM
Well said Daniel!!
March 08, 2023 05:41PM
"combativeness approach" is this anything like threatening to "jump in my truck and drive where ever and kick your %ss"?? Several posts in the past have reflected a "combativeness approach". Just sayin'.
March 08, 2023 08:33PM
I purposely made the statement which included "sour taste" a general one, as to describe things I avoid watching. But to include Nokta in that statement would be for the reason that it was the third time that quickly came to mind where Nokta either down-plaid the intelligence of the end-user or an opinion of an end-user that differed from what Nokta wanted to hear or portray.
As an end-user, and one that is in the market to buy a new machine or two, I 've been studying where it is I should spend my money.
I may have missed where another company has said that your machines are no good or not as good or really anything at all about your company. Please direct me to that statement.
I have heard however, your statement of "best value", being equal to or better than the competition (one company in particular) for less money. If indeed you are vying for my money, the burden of proof is on you.
Should I spend my money on your machine because you say it's as good? or, as Loren said, "so close it doesn't matter" and save a couple dollars...or maybe with the company whose machine is just as good, but doesn't downplay my opinion or intelligence, for a few dollars more?
If one feature is worth the extra money, then so be it.